PDA

View Full Version : How long does the LX carrier/oring work?

punkncat
02-29-2004, 08:12 PM
I really didn't know how to word this.
The oring that is inside the bolt.How long does that oring last before you have to go to a smaller carrier or replace the ring?
If it needs replaced how do you replace it?

Dayspring
03-01-2004, 01:48 AM
If the kit is totally 100% new, about 200 shots and you can get a few leaks. About half a case and you'll start leaking. How you take it out? Watch the CD that came with it. There's a video that specifically says how to remove the powertube tip (3/8" wrench) and to use your field strip screw to thread into the carrier/oring to tug the carrier out.

One thing to remember- use the SAME oring when you change carrier size. Otherwise you have to start this process all over.

DeerChaser
03-01-2004, 07:49 AM
I didnt get a CD or tape with the purchase of my ULE Hmmmm should I call?

mcveighr
03-01-2004, 12:20 PM
Theyre on here somewhere, do a search.

The older LVL tens came without it.

Toto
03-01-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
If the kit is totally 100% new, about 200 shots and you can get a few leaks. About half a case and you'll start leaking. How you take it out? Watch the CD that came with it. There's a video that specifically says how to remove the powertube tip (3/8" wrench) and to use your field strip screw to thread into the carrier/oring to tug the carrier out.

One thing to remember- use the SAME oring when you change carrier size. Otherwise you have to start this process all over.

Are you telling me that i have to change the carrier or the o-ring every 1000 or 2000 shots???

thanks
Toto

Dayspring
03-01-2004, 11:07 PM
I didn't say that at all. You change the carrier size when it leaks. After about half a case, the oring starts wearing in. You then change down a half size. You may need to do it one more time after that.

I'm running the same oring that my Xmag came with in the level 10. And that's over a year of REALLY hard play.

Eatem Alive
03-02-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by DeerChaser
I didnt get a CD or tape with the purchase of my ULE Hmmmm should I call?
the cd comes with the level 10, not the ule...unless you're being sarcastic, then nevermind.

punkncat
03-02-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
I didn't say that at all. You change the carrier size when it leaks. After about half a case, the oring starts wearing in. You then change down a half size. You may need to do it one more time after that.

I'm running the same oring that my Xmag came with in the level 10. And that's over a year of REALLY hard play.

I have already broken it in.I was just wondering about the longevity of the setup after that.Thanks.