PDA

View Full Version : V-force profiler review

Carbon
03-01-2004, 05:30 AM
S0 after loosing my pair of v force shields, i decided an "upgrade" is in order. so heres the skinny on the V-force profiler.

V-force profiler, $89 at actionvillage.com. Charcoal color. Package comes with,
-mask
-two visors: 1 Actual visor and one "deflector"
-pack of orings, to affix visors.
-instruction manual

My first impression of the mask was wow, pretty sexy. I put the sucker on, mmmm it smelled like a pine forest, that new mask smell. The mask portion of the goggle is a combination of hard and soft plastic.

The heart of the goggle is of course is the lens. The profiler accepts lenses made for the Morps/shield models as well. The gogles fit well and comfortably over glasses. There is no distortion whatsoever and the anti fog coating works well as advertised. The first use of my Profiler was on a very humid day, in fact about 5 minutes after some light rain. The lenses did not fog through heavy breathing. my glases on the other hand, did. Beware though, continuall washing of the entire lens will wear off the anti-fog coating.

The nasal, mid cheek bone and ear flaps areas are made of soft pliable rubber, comprable to a Proflex/flex7 rubber. Audio interference is minimal. The support structure however is made of a harder plastic.

Whats new are the lens retention tabs. The tabs are now independent of the strap. Unlike the morphs/shieled ect, the tabs are not attached or looped into the strap. So when ya take em off remember where you put em. Furthermore, the tabs lock into the mask via little channels molded into the support structure. The are every bit easy to remove as the morphs/shields, if not easier.

The straps now are also independent of the mask. They affix to the mask by a pair of clips that attach to the support structure. With a squeeze the straps come off effortlessly.

Donning on the mask mask i noticed the Profiler had a slightly less noticable/smaller blindspot than the Morph/Shield models. I suppose this is atributed to the close proximity of the faceshiled to the wearers face.

The ventilation is excellent. There are 12 large vents in the soft nasal/mouth area. I havent been goged there yet, but i suspect there will be a lot of paint tasting when the time comes.

On top of the earflaps are litle chanels cut for the visor tabs. This is a great feature, because it eliminated the need to install the visor orings. The visors can now reliably stay on without the use of the orings on the standoffs.

The final word: The profiler is a great mask, it is a great upgrade for someone looking for that "next level" mask. The Profiler is a bit pricey for what it is. IMHO no paintball mask should cost more than $65. Currently Vforce does not make a fan specifically for their line of goggles, a great item for those who prefer the redundancy of a fan.

phantomhitman
03-01-2004, 07:12 AM
thanks for the review, i had only seen one other compltete review for it besides yours.

Halliday
03-01-2004, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the info too. Your review had a good compare/contrast to the Morph that more people are familar with.

sime
03-01-2004, 09:28 AM
i dunno about your $65 max thing. i dunno, it's my safety. i know that all masks have to pass tests, but in the day of $200 shoes, what's more important?

and yes, i would pay $200 for a mask if it was safer, more comfortable to wear and did it's job.

it comes from being a mountain biker, sure i could wear a $20 helmet......it will do the same thing as my $150 one. but be uglier, hotter and heavier.

Doobie
03-01-2004, 10:08 AM
These masks are most definitely the shizle! :)I think the best compliment you can give a mask is that you forget all about it when it is on. I didn’t think about it once on Saturday! It was very comfortable and had a great field of vision as well as being very clear. At one point during the day I took my mask off and my friends asked how tight I had the mask on. I evidently had a large red crease on my forehead. I, however, did not feel the mask was too tight and it was still quite comfortable. I got shot twice in the mask from relatively close range and the mask stayed firmly in place on my head. I have yet to see any fogging with it, but it was fairly cool out that day. The one I received had some small scratches in the lens when I received them. I e-mailed the company I bought them from and told them about this and they sent me a new lens, straight away. They agreed, after paying $80 + for a mask, it should not come with scratches! All in all, an excellent product that does its job well and provides good looks to boot!:D
We all know that's what really matters ;)

afrankart
03-01-2004, 10:56 AM
I love mine, but in the 25 and below weatherI've been playing in recently, and even this weekend when it was almost 50, I have had some fog issues. The condensation starts on the middle top of the lens and slowly creeps down. I am not a "heavy sweater", and my JT's never fog up, Maybe I need a new lense? OH, and if a ball breaks on your grill (only a couple have bounced off mine, but what a good feeling) you are going to be tasting every bit of it.

ZAust
03-01-2004, 11:49 AM
meh, ill stick with my morph.

Carbon
03-01-2004, 08:42 PM
+

Lohman446
03-01-2004, 08:47 PM
Question: The one thing I did not like about my morphs (which I seem to have forgotten about once playing) was the blindspot created by the nose of the mask. Is this lessened by the profiler - for instance with the morph, if I close one eye and try to look across with the other, the nose creates a blindspot. Dont ask me where I would do this in a game situation, but it annoys me

Carbon
03-01-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Lohman446
Question: The one thing I did not like about my morphs (which I seem to have forgotten about once playing) was the blindspot created by the nose of the mask. Is this lessened by the profiler - for instance with the morph, if I close one eye and try to look across with the other, the nose creates a blindspot. Dont ask me where I would do this in a game situation, but it annoys me

Yes it is lessened, but it is still there. Yes the blindspot is present when you look out of one eye. I did notice though, when the mask is donned on a little lower9forehead foam just above your eyebrow), the blindspot becomes much smaller and you can see a little bit more withone eye.

Load SM5
03-01-2004, 09:38 PM
The thing I've really noticed is how much paint my profiler bounces. Just this weekend I had a ball bounce right off the grill and the guy was shooting hellfire. And it's happened a few good times. The vflector bit, as goofy as it looks, works great as well. Paint slides right off so even if a ball manages to break on it it tends to blow off the vflector leaving nothing there. I love this mask.