PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Build Problem?!?

Altimas
03-01-2004, 11:05 AM
k this is what is happening: My First Shot is really high FPS, then those after that are normal. If I dont shoot for say 5 secs...the first shot is really high FPS again but the ones after that are fine. Any suggestions on what the problem may be?

Classic Automag
Intelliframe
Superbolt
13inch Armoson Stealth Barrel
Flame Dropforward
32 Degrees On/off
Expansion Chamber
Shocktech Valve (The back half of the Valve anyways...)

Evil1
03-02-2004, 03:07 AM
I would try cleaning the reg seat and see what happens or check the reg piston and see if it is clean.

Joni
03-02-2004, 07:20 AM
It's the reg seat (99% sure). As stated, try to clean it, and if that doesn't help, replace it.

athomas
03-02-2004, 11:09 AM
I'll 3rd that the reg seat seams to be the problem. Probably a piece of dirt on one of the surfaces. Sometimes if the seat is old, and it was disturbed when you took the valve apart, it won't seal properly when you put it back together. In this case you may need to replace it.

Evil1
03-03-2004, 01:19 AM
The reg pin spring might be hung up on something also, but the reg seat is probably the culprit.

slushee
03-04-2004, 05:20 AM
just so you know the WHY when everyone thinks it's the reg seat ..

The regulator seat is a small round rubber chunk of plastic that stops un regulated air (say something like 3000psi) from mixing with regulated air (say 400psi).

If the regulator seat is dirty or no longer sealing, then what happens is ... as you let the gun sit there not firing .. the output pressure (400psi) slowly increases until it equalizes with the tank pressure (3000psi). So if you have a small leak .. the air comming from your tank may increase to 500 or 600 psi in a few minutes .. so your first shot would be louder cuz you have more of it .. but the rest of the shots would be at 400psi cuz it hasn't had enough time to build up pressure from the bad reg seat.

I hope that makes sense... it is 5:20am

Altimas
03-04-2004, 10:06 AM
That helped me out alot. I appreciate everyone telling me what they thought was wrong but you explaining why and what not made alot more sense to me.