PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions on Z-grip/tank/cradle setup

Tbone
09-22-2001, 07:31 PM
So here's my situation, I'm at college now and I have a fairly new Z-grip and a brand new 45/45 (Pure Energy) that are both sitting at home. I have yet to hold either of them, much less see how they look on my gun. I also have a Kapp Dropzone II cradle but I have a very strong feeling that it will put the tank much too far forward, expecially with the Z-grip. I need some reccomendations on a cradle/dropforward setup. What should I buy so that the tank sticks out a little in the back, but is still largly forward and under the gun? Any pictures too would be appreciated. Thanks.

alf
09-22-2001, 09:29 PM
Tbone (DMB ROCKS!),

i also have a DZII, and couldnt get it to work right with my Z-grip/warp...if you dont have a warp, you can rotate the tank to the left (assuming youre a rightie), so that your hand get get under the z-grip...not sure how this would work for you, but it seemed comfortable for me until i saw that i would have to bend the laws of time and space in order for me to fit the warp right where the tank is.

didnt think that cutting a notch out of the tank would be a good idea either!! :)

ill send you some pics of my setup if youll send me an email
(alf@elp.rr.com)

Tbone
09-22-2001, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the advice. (As Miscue says - don't mill your tank :-P ). If anyone else has any comments, that'd help. I'm considering buying a new cradle, any recommendations on that too is appreciated.

alf
09-22-2001, 10:33 PM
you have mail

Tbone
09-22-2001, 10:46 PM
w00t! Thanks :D

niknstyn99
09-22-2001, 11:24 PM
I would recommend a drop zone II "stubbie" it will be a perfect size for the Z-grip and warp. http://www.kickasspaintball.com/

Monsta
09-23-2001, 12:32 AM
I have seen this setup up done before , your DZ2 can be placed forward and the cradle could be shifted to the right or left... or even reverse the drop :)

Tbone
09-23-2001, 09:32 AM
Thanks guys.