PDA

View Full Version : AKA to discontinue Vikings and Excaliburs!

Butterfingers
03-01-2004, 04:55 PM
AKA Press Release : Monday 01 March 2004 - 15:43:42
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE!!

March 1st, 2004

AKALMP, Inc., Low Pressure Experts, has reached an agreement in the lawsuit with Smart Parts, Inc. AKA is not a licensee of Smart Parts and the terms of the agreement are strictly confidential.
Within the terms of the agreement the current production run will be the last of the Vikings and Excaliburs. Contact your local dealer or AKA for availability and price.
AKA will still repair, service and upgrade Excaliburs and Vikings and will honor all applicable warranties. AKA will also continue to manufacture and sell their line of marker upgrades and accessories as well as develop new products. There are several exciting and new products debuting in 2004. AKA looks forward to the 2004 Tournament season and meeting all of you at the tournaments.

AKALMP, Inc,
http://www.akalmp.com

For more info there is an active thread on the AKA forum in PBN

Another one bites the dust

Mindflux
03-01-2004, 05:00 PM
Smart parts makes baby jesus cry!

http://www.angelgatestudio.com/baby%20Jesus.jpg

Automaggin2
03-01-2004, 05:04 PM
And another one bites the dust!

Haha! Welcome to the wonderful world of business!

Chojin Man
03-01-2004, 05:05 PM
wow SP is owning everyone

p8ntball1016
03-01-2004, 05:07 PM
ugh. time to get rid of my teardrop barrel. good thing is i gave away my tank cover already.

FallNAngel
03-01-2004, 05:10 PM
so much for everyone that paid to support AKA in their legal battle...

tony3
03-01-2004, 05:13 PM
Ouch....I have never got what agd is going for exactly. Ok so lets say sp sues all these companies, and they never sue agd because they aren't making electros, but Tom was saying that he is going to revamp the emag, once he makes it and starts selling it sp can go after him?

dansim
03-01-2004, 05:15 PM
so all ye naysayers, that say"who be the first company to fall under this smart part piracy?", here be that first company, rest in peace excal/vikings:(

Mindflux
03-01-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by FallNAngel

I remember seeing somewhere that AKA would reimburse people if they had anything left over.

shartley
03-01-2004, 05:19 PM
AKA made a decision. SP did not make the decision for them.

Does it suck? Yes!

But I see businesses go under EVERY DAY, and no one cries tears for them.

And it seems to me that they are not going under, only removing products from their product line. It looks like they will still stay in business.

-=Squid=-
03-01-2004, 05:19 PM
Oh...my...god. Im calling smart parts, and they are getting the owning of a life time... even if it IS a secratary that hears it.

I JUST bought my viking too, and to be honest, am VERY glad I got it as my chances were apparently closing up...

EDIT: Im not being serious here people... jeez.

shartley
03-01-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
OH...my...god. Im calling smart parts, and they are getting the owning of a life time... even if it IS a secratary that hears it.
And that will do what?

My "advice" is to show a little more class than that.

WARPED1
03-01-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by shartley
AKA made a decision. SP did not make the decision for them.

Does it suck? Yes!

But I see businesses go under EVERY DAY, and no one cries tears for them.

And it seems to me that they are not going under, only removing products from their product line. It looks like they will still stay in business. I always knew Sam was intelligent.............

tony3
03-01-2004, 05:27 PM
And I always knew Squid wasn't. You are getting way to upset, its not like they aren't going to fix your gun if it breaks or anything. Just calm down.

Automaggin2
03-01-2004, 05:29 PM
Oh...my...god. Im calling smart parts, and they are getting the owning of a life time... even if it IS a secratary that hears it.

I JUST bought my viking too, and to be honest, am VERY glad I got it as my chances were apparently closing up...

Wow, we have a 3 year old on the board!

It is everyday business. I cant stand all of the revolutionist wannabes on these boards they claim they can fight SP. NO, YOU CANT! They own the patents, and "boycotting" SP wont do anything! AT ALL! If SP starts loosing profit, they will just move on and continue to sue more and more companies for royalties. So everytime you buy a marker you will be supporting SP.

I still love my SP gear.

FallNAngel
03-01-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by tony3
once he makes it and starts selling it sp can go after him?

I don't see why not.

spantol
03-01-2004, 05:34 PM
Indeed. Various parts of my anatomy are quite chapped at this announcement. I'd love to hear where that money went.

-=Squid=-
03-01-2004, 05:35 PM
EDIT: I was kidding, but forget what I just said. I reread automaggins post... You do realize there are no more E guns from AGD as well due to this?

laxkid
03-01-2004, 05:37 PM
it will almost be like an sp monopoly for electros

shartley
03-01-2004, 05:38 PM
EDIT: I was kidding, but forget what I just said. I reread automaggins post... You do realize there are no more E guns from AGD as well due to this?
Please read Tom and John’s posts. There are many reasons why they are doing what they are doing, not JUST because of SP. I would bet that even if SP did not exist, they would have had to do something VERY similar to what they are doing now.

phantomhitman
03-01-2004, 05:41 PM
wow

but there is a difference between going under and being "forced" under. after sp gets all of hte electro marker companies on all fours, cant they be broken up by the government because of the monopoly they have? just asking, so please do not flame me.

FallNAngel
03-01-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Mindflux
I remember seeing somewhere that AKA would reimburse people if they had anything left over.

...What if they don't? What if people only get back barely anything. The point isn't that people aren't getting their money back, it's what they gave their money for. If I give say... $20 for AKA legal defense fund to fight the SP patent, I don't want to see them turn around and say "oh well, we settled the patent.. They won and we're discontinueing our line of markers. ... here's a dollar, thanks for contributing". Wow, what a slap in the face.

-=Squid=-
03-01-2004, 05:46 PM

Please read Tom and John’s posts. There are many reasons why they are doing what they are doing, not JUST because of SP. I would bet that even if SP did not exist, they would have had to do something VERY similar to what they are doing now. Well, I thought that until I read this... http://pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=428854

spantol
03-01-2004, 05:47 PM
Yup. That money was given to help them fight the patent. Since it appears that they've decided not to fight the patent, every cent ought to be returned.

...What if they don't? What if people only get back barely anything. The point isn't that people aren't getting their money back, it's what they gave their money for. If I give say... $20 for AKA legal defense fund to fight the SP patent, I don't want to see them turn around and say "oh well, we settled the patent.. They won and we're discontinueing our line of markers. ... here's a dollar, thanks for contributing". Wow, what a slap in the face.

angelbeast24
03-01-2004, 05:47 PM
soo exacly what electros will there still be after sp is done with all this <B>*POOF*</B>

<B>*Warning: No Cussing*</B> -Miscue

shartley
03-01-2004, 05:48 PM
Well, I thought that until I read this... http://pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=428854
You can either take what Tom and John themselves posted here on AO, or you can go to that other forum and take what people post and interpret for themselves. Spin baby spin. :rolleyes:

shartley
03-01-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by angelbeast24
soo exacly what electros will there still be after sp is done with all this bulls**t
The ones that do not infringe on their now legal patent, or those that pay a licensing fee to keep producing and selling them. OR a combination of that along with someone fighting and getting their patent overturned.

momags!
03-01-2004, 05:57 PM
WARPED1.....you've been quite the devils' advocate in nearly every thread that you've posted in the last three days. Something you need to get off your chest?

-=Squid=-
03-01-2004, 05:58 PM

You can either take what Tom and John themselves posted here on AO, or you can go to that other forum and take what people post and interpret for themselves. Spin baby spin. :rolleyes: I dont want to get in a flame war with you of all people, but according to that post its a quote from tom from AO. Ill look for it. Wheres that magnifying glass?

shartley
03-01-2004, 06:01 PM
I see all sorts of places putting up quotes from AO made by Tom and John. But few post the WHOLE thing. That is what the difference is.

Using what Tom and John posted, and taking bits and pieces you can prove either side of the argument.

-=Squid=-
03-01-2004, 06:03 PM
I see all sorts of places putting up quotes from AO made by Tom and John. But few post the WHOLE thing. That is what the difference is.

Using what Tom and John posted, and taking bits and pieces you can prove either side of the argument. bleh, Ill just take your word on it.

Ov3rmind
03-01-2004, 06:17 PM
I just realized I have nothing to contribute to this thread. But I'll just echo a commong opinion, **** you Smart Parts!

paintballguy59
03-01-2004, 07:10 PM
why was my thread closed, I posted first.

sneakyhacker420
03-01-2004, 07:13 PM
why doesn't smart parts just go ahead and patent the future of paintball :o :mad:

Barfly
03-01-2004, 07:14 PM
well SP already went after ICD and they came to some sort of deal, so ICD is still making Bushies, so SP will not have a monopoly on all electros. SP is a gay dog company. I don't give a **** if anybody thinks it is good business. Their patent is too broad and they didn't enforce it right away.

RT pRo AuToMaG
03-01-2004, 07:36 PM
Don't forget, we will also still have Matrices and DM4's (thank you dye for making an agreement with SP).

SMG
03-01-2004, 08:27 PM
Whatever money was donated for legal fees was probably used up the first day AKA had a decent law firm undertake their defense. Patent suits are extremely expensive and generally cannot be handled by the attorney with the office next to the local pet store in the strip mall. Fees start with the initial review and research of the complaint, which could cost thousands of dollars in itself.

:)

Digits
03-01-2004, 08:31 PM
You guys look at it as a bad thing??

Why?

Think of the innovations that are going to come out of this.. If a company can REALLY make a mech trigger thats like an electro no one would even want an electro anymore seeing that there would be waay less to go wrong.. And by the looks of it there won't be to many other contender electro's on the market in a while..

The cyborg is always there though :)

FallNAngel
03-01-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Digits
The cyborg is always there though :)

...which is also an electronic marker which can be subjected to the SP patent...

tony3
03-01-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by RT pRo AuToMaG
Don't forget, we will also still have Matrices and DM4's (thank you dye for making an agreement with SP).

Well dye got off easy, they have the spool valve system, and the shocker uses this system so they made a deal pretty easily.

Corbet
03-01-2004, 09:29 PM
does anyone else think that this might make mechs more popular again? I dont know how many companies will be to stubborn to pay SP, but this could be making mechs popular again.

logamus
03-01-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Barfly
Their patent is too broad and they didn't enforce it right away.

apparently its good enough to beat icd and aka. its also good enough to get an agreement with dye and nps. say what you want but its good enough to win.

$tevo
03-01-2004, 10:06 PM
as much as it sucks that SP is doing this. they do make some pretty great products. and it is just buisness, aka will just make a new marker, and im sure it will be just as good as the viking/excal

-=Squid=-
03-01-2004, 10:07 PM

...which is also an electronic marker which can be subjected to the SP patent... ...nope. Mac dev is based in Australia. :)

Either way, im still worked up over this. I have a bad temper when it comes to either being shot out or bad news in paintball... :( :mad:

spantol
03-01-2004, 10:22 PM
So what? By selling their markers here, they agree to adhere to our IP laws. They're a valid target for an SP suit.

...nope. Mac dev is based in Australia. :)

Either way, im still worked up over this. I have a bad temper when it comes to either being shot out or bad news in paintball... :( :mad:

wargod1099
03-01-2004, 10:34 PM
ok here is the fix for all this stop buying sp products screw them good products or not they suck
they slap bill gates in the face for something just like this smart parts just cant hanndel that most electors are better than theres and my problem is that now were losesing guns like the vik and excal do to these *** holes
hay i like the excal or vik better than shocks or imps sorry if you do not agree this is america i should have the right to buy what ever gun i choses sp is makeing it so you by theres the price is this now but next year it will go up and so on and so on thats how it works till all electro comp are gone AkA Most likely said they would rather stop selling there markers than to let sp ***s get a pices of there action patten or not its aka design there hard work not sp but they want some action anyways
i said i had a fix all good companys need to bases a small shop out of another country and paten it there that would smack sp in the face i hope sp goses out of biz i dout it but hope and i hope air america rips them a new *** hole
thats whos sueing sp the maxflo reg systems is built off air america technolgy Iam just mad at all this getting rid of all my sp gear and dont care if you do or dont
i just will not have part of there bull ...

magmonkey
03-01-2004, 10:39 PM
http://www.flagpull.com/destructive2k4/DSCN1120x.jpg

"You guys look at it as a bad thing??"

http://www.flagpull.com/destructive2k4/DSCN1252.JPG

http://www.flagpull.com/destructive2k4/DSCN1257.JPG

to some of us it is a bad thing, the above guns are ours.
less then 50 of these markers complete and we have to stop, not because of anything we have done but because of big business creeping into our little sport. on top of that I have a pile of hours into a up coming emag project we were working on it just seems that every way we turn we get nailed...... I HATE SMARTPARTS SO MUCH IT MAKES THE BILE RISE FROM MY STOMACH!!!!! we had a real good start and the 2 markers we belived in enough to work on are now out of production

-=Squid=-
03-01-2004, 10:44 PM
I was gawking at the absolute beauty of that last viking, then I noticed the freak? :confused:

I feel really bad for you guys on that, and I didnt even think about that. :(

wargod1099
03-01-2004, 10:48 PM
Oh by the way

heres some more info on sp pattent

the first electro marker was made by the us army
made for tactical training and crowed control in the late 70"s befor sp the first shocker was built off the goverment desings at about 85% on the tee

the goverment should have not needed to patten this but u think sp will go after the army most likely not

magmonkey
03-01-2004, 10:55 PM
here is a close up of the freak before it was anodized

http://www.flagpull.com/AKA/fspnew.jpg

we did them for the aka defense fund for people who had prev. bought freaks but did not want to show any support to SP

Automaggin2
03-01-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by wargod1099
ok here is the fix for all this stop buying sp products

Wow you like run ons

OBVIOUSLY you did not read my post or think about posting!

AKA opted NOT to fight SP, they could have, but obviously did not. I guess AKA rather give up on all of its loyal customers then to pay royalties or bargain with SP.

Companies that survived:
ICD
Dye
bob long/NPS

Companies that are dead:
AKA

Automaggin2
03-01-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by wargod1099
Oh by the way

heres some more info on sp pattent

the first electro marker was made by the us army
made for tactical training and crowed control in the late 70"s befor sp the first shocker was built off the goverment desings at about 85% on the tee

the goverment should have not needed to patten this but u think sp will go after the army most likely not

You are officially a MORON.

wargod1099
03-01-2004, 11:02 PM
What ever
son
and sorry it was the Navey who made it and the arm used it

Originally posted by defiance
Well, technically, the shocker is an independent design (the only one I'm aware of - the impulse was a near-direct duplication of the operating system of a bushy, the new shocker internally duplicated the mayhem, but I've never seen the layout of a nerve - has anyone? - so I have no idea on it), and one Smart Parts does have inarguable exclusive rights to. They bought it from Pneuventures, the original creators of the shocker, who eventually went under. It was the first mass produced electronic paintball marker. However, there is documentation of, at the minimum, a prototype angel prior to the patent application date for the shocker, as well as several other non-produced desgins. Additionally, the shocker patent wording originally covered the exact design of the shocker, not all electronic paintball markers. And that is not even considering the navy patents on similar designs which predate smart parts by decades. Smart parts, however, filed a *change* of their patent last year, which CHANGED the patent so that it predated all others in paintball - what, 8 years after the fact? On it's surface, now, if everything in that patent were true, they would have truly been the first in the paintball industry. However, even if that were true, the Navy patent still predates them and could nullify their claim. And, of course, there's the matter of it not being true. But the patent office doesn't really do anything in the way of validation. They check the paperwork. That's it. They simply make absolutely sure that the paperwork is filled out to the last dot - and if it is, they grant the patent. They could have filed to have their patent take effect it 1800 and cover anything that projects a 68 calibur projectile, and the patent office would have granted it, since they OBVIOUSLY know how to fill out the paperwork. Patents are validated in court, nowhere else. Finally, even if the patent WERE completely valid, there's the issue of non-enforcement. Generally, the courts have ruled that if a patent is blatently and openly infringed for years without any attempt by the patent holder to stop it, then the owner would have forfeited their claim to said patent. This prevents issues like what we have now in paintball; One company with the apparent right to bend nearly any company in the business over a barrel, since they're all 'infringing' on it's patent, giving this company the power to direct the industry any way it wants. However, at this time, noone has been able to afford to really bring forth the evidence, so who knows how the courts would rule... I can only guess based on what evidene is available and what I feel is right or wrong.

-=Squid=-
03-01-2004, 11:14 PM
This is starting to go downhill...

Automaggin2
03-01-2004, 11:16 PM
This is starting to go downhill...

Well Squid, its obvious why. People dont use their heads. People have to learn to think before they speak.

Evil1
03-02-2004, 03:03 AM
The only thing I don't understand is why SP would do this. It just makes me wonder if they even gave this whole thing five minutes of thought. Law is like chinese to me so the only thing I don't understand is what exactly they patented, is it the actual shocker they patented or solenoid/spool valve design.

Dr.hp.
03-02-2004, 03:17 AM
It's not chinese its America. And only in Americe stupid things like this patent stuff can work.

FallNAngel
03-02-2004, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by spantol
So what? By selling their markers here, they agree to adhere to our IP laws. They're a valid target for an SP suit.

Yes and no. Although I did forget that MacDev is based in down under, they're selling their products here. Which I believe means that although SP can't force them to pay the tax to make their markers, they can prevent them from selling them here.

jtoothman25
03-02-2004, 03:45 AM
And now you choose.. Continue playing SmartParts Paintball, or give up your favorite hobby. Our markers wont last forever, they'll break, and we'll have to buy a new marker... The new SmartParts Dye Marker. FUN! They are only being capitalistic, which is what made this country what it is. But, I do wish others were like TK. Maybe TK can fight back slightly by not letting them us HPA!

AGD
03-02-2004, 04:33 AM
I have yet to fight back because I am only now donning my armor. When I forge my sword, it will not be from metal, it will cut with the power of light.

A...G...D

logamus
03-02-2004, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by AGD
I have yet to fight back because I am only now donning my armor. When I forge my sword, it will not be from metal, it will cut with the power of light.

A...G...D

true greatness!

momags!
03-02-2004, 05:33 AM

Hmmm...could this be an encoded nugget straight from the horses mouth?

Let's see if I can get the rumor mill started.....

Tome Kaye, owner of Airgun Designs, released a statement earlier this evening regarding the production of the newly designed F-Mag. Replacing the traditional metallic components commonly found in modern day markers will be a host of cutting edge fiber optic relays and microswitches. Production of the Fiber-Mag is to begin immediately and scheduled to hit stores late summer.

How's that sound?:D

momags!
03-02-2004, 05:36 AM
P.S. I'm only partly joking......

momags!
03-02-2004, 06:02 AM
<out of breath> OK....just got back from the patent office. The fiber thingy is now MINE!!!!!!!!!! bwah hahahahaha.....

-=Squid=-
03-02-2004, 10:21 AM
Im surprised at how little attention this thread is getting. I figgured it would dang near be stickied.

ShooterJM
03-02-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by AGD

A...G...D

Hmmmm methinks there's some significant behind the scenes maneuvering.....

fallout11
03-02-2004, 10:32 AM
You better believe it, bud. Some serious behind the scenes stuff brewing.

Does anyone now question the wisdom of Mr. Kaye's decision to drop production of the Xmag and Emag?
I bet Tom knew about AKA's decision already, being an industry insider and keeping a close pulse on the situation.
The fact that they both announced the same news within 1 business day of each other might indicate that.

To those naive folks who thought the SP lawsuits wound not mean anything significant to the sport, I say "Hah!"

Big changes are already underway.
Some will be bad. But some will, inevitably, lead to better things in the long run.

We'll all have to wait and see.

bunkermaster10
03-02-2004, 10:33 AM
*WRONG*

That should explain how I feel. Now I'm not sure if i want my viking now, the resale value of it in the future and everything......:(

EDIT: Not trying to be immature. Just what first came to my mind. I know some feel the same way. Don't ban me, its just a lil' joke ;)

*You should know better than to post that here. Watch it*

phantomhitman
03-02-2004, 10:52 AM
LMAO, THAT IS GREAT

how many minutes until its get deleted though :D

fallout11
03-02-2004, 10:57 AM
It's been up longer than I thought it would already.

Way to go, bunkermaster10.

bunkermaster10
03-02-2004, 10:59 AM
I have a thread for it at the AKA forum on pbnation, the mod didn't mind it at all, :) (yet)

:p

Major Jam
03-02-2004, 11:06 AM
The rumor mill says that AKA is not staying down long. Ye of little faith, do not despair. If you can hold on a couple of months, you might like your Viking II's.

Notorious Pot
03-02-2004, 11:06 AM
If the authors of all the anti Smart Parts posts across all the message boards I've been reading got organized and spoke with a collective voice they could have a HUGE impact.

Join now and pass it on:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thefifthmarker

afrankart
03-02-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by bunkermaster10
[BThat should explain how I feel. Now I'm not sure if i want my viking now, the resale value of it in the future and everything......:([/B]

I wouldn't worry too much about that;)
My guess is within a couple of months, it will be worth every bit if not more than what you paid for it. Remember, Vikings are still awesome markers, a LOT of people want to get one, but now AKA doesen't sell them anymore. The used ones that go up for sale are going to have tons of people jumping on them IMO.

fallout11
03-02-2004, 11:14 AM
Yep, your Viking just became "OOP" (out of production), and hence, more valuable.
Demand remains, but there will be no more supply.

bunkermaster10
03-02-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by afrankart
The used ones that go up for sale are going to have tons of people jumping on them IMO.

Hope your right on that.

EDITED: Talked to chris from OTe and my viking should be out pretty soon :), has the new updated bolt with it to.

jtoothman25
03-02-2004, 12:27 PM
TK is a true pimp... with the mustache even.

fallout11
03-02-2004, 12:32 PM
Ahh, Bunkermaster's "image on display" just got, well,... bunkered.

InexactMelissa
03-02-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by AGD

A...G...D

Does this mean that Tom is making a sequel to "The Star Wars Kid" video.

-=Squid=-
03-02-2004, 01:31 PM
New "upgraded" bolt? Care to gimme some more details other than that on the bolt?

edweird
03-02-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by AGD

A...G...D

Tom to equip the Ao-Amry? :P

no seriously Tk... I trust ya getting your ducks in row and obviously we all hope you crush this retarded suit once and for all.

and as always you know yah got the Ao-Army in the hip-pocket

/sharpens +5 axe of marauding

bunkermaster10
03-02-2004, 01:34 PM
Its just a bolt that won't like effect the ball detents. Some new viking owners were chopping because of the ball detents and this bolt fixes it. It has a lil' slot milled into the bolt. Also they are doing FSDO mods for people with problems w/ it. There are pics of the updated bolt around pbnation.com aka forum. Steelratt (sp?) has one of the first updated bolts on his viking now (Its for sale, the gun).

Edit: Here is the link to the newest bolt- http://pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=426613&highlight=%2Bbolt+%2Bpics

1stdeadeye
03-03-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by angelbeast24
soo exacly what electros will there still be after sp is done with all this bulls**t

So far-Intimidators, Bushmasters, SP, The Matrix,....

-=Squid=-
03-03-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by bunkermaster10
Its just a bolt that won't like effect the ball detents. Some new viking owners were chopping because of the ball detents and this bolt fixes it. It has a lil' slot milled into the bolt. Also they are doing FSDO mods for people with problems w/ it. There are pics of the updated bolt around pbnation.com aka forum. Steelratt (sp?) has one of the first updated bolts on his viking now (Its for sale, the gun).

Edit: Here is the link to the newest bolt- http://pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=426613&highlight=%2Bbolt+%2Bpics Thanks for the bolt info.

bleachit
03-03-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by AGD

A...G...D

Mr. Kaye, please tell me you are making a light sabre. I will soo want to be on the preorder list for that one. :D

I am beginning to think this whole SP situation may end up benefitting AGD. While companies are settling with sp, TK is plotting his awesomeness!! I can't wait to see what TK has in store.

Wes Janson
03-03-2004, 09:21 PM

A...G...D

As if we ever needed proof that Tom truly belongs in the '80s :D

Cmon, just *ONE* shipment of FN303s? Pretty please? I promise to removal all serial numbers and claim afterwards that we stole them and you had no involvement..

ScottQ
03-03-2004, 09:29 PM
I really wonder when Brass Eagle is going to step in and stop all of this mess. They have the money todo it.

Butterfingers
03-03-2004, 11:46 PM
They wont spend money unless they need to.

And SP isnt stupid enough to sue them.

Why spend a cool mil fighting a patent case when you arent threatened by it...

-=Squid=-
03-04-2004, 10:48 AM
Why would smart parts sue brass eagle anyways, they dont make an electronic gun.

Altimas
03-04-2004, 11:47 AM
If I remember right though JT does and if I remeber correctly JT is Brass Eagles "high end" marker.

Altimas
03-04-2004, 11:47 AM
^^^ I will prolly be totally wrong about that and get flamed but I heard that from a somewhat notable source.