PDA

View Full Version : Warrenty and E-Mag question

xrancid_milkx
03-01-2004, 11:43 PM
I have a couple of questions for you guys, and hopefully someone from AGD. I have been meaning to call the front desk, but with the combination of school and work, I can never make it before closing hours. Well anyway, here is the question(s).

First off, my E-Mag has a Morlock board, does that void the warrenty? I know any aftermarket parts voids the warrenty, but since AGD used them a while back I was hoping it would be an exception.

Ok, and if it does void the warrenty, I was wondering if I can still send it in to have an AGD board with 3.2 software installed, as well as a new solenoid, paying for it of course?

With the news of AGD no longer making E-Mags, I fear I only have so much time to do this. Hopefully a void warrenty won't prevent from getting a AGD board installed :(

11_Mile_TMaster
03-01-2004, 11:51 PM
I never heard anything about AGD using Morlocks.

Umm, you can possibly have AGD replace the stuff, but I am sure it won't be under warranty. You'll likely have to buy a new Solenoid or Solenoid/board assembly...

Especially since AGD's warranty policy more or less states you are supposed to remove any non-AGD stuff before sending it in.

xrancid_milkx
03-02-2004, 12:18 AM
They used Emagnum (morlock) boards a while back to demostrate the E-Mags potencial speed if I'm not mistaken, but they didn't sell or market them of course, which is why I'm pretty sure they void the warrenty.

If its warrentied or not, I still want to be able to have their board installed, thats my biggest concern. And I expected and plan on paying every penny for it, I wouldn't expect anything else.

And I got my E-Mag in an awesome deal I couldn't pass up, pre-installed with the morlock board.

RRfireblade
03-02-2004, 12:38 AM
First off, my E-Mag has a Morlock board, does that void the warrenty?

Yes.

I know any aftermarket parts voids the warrenty, but since AGD used them a while back I was hoping it would be an exception.

Don't think AGD ever used them for retail purposes.

Ok, and if it does void the warrenty, I was wondering if I can still send it in to have an AGD board with 3.2 software installed, as well as a new solenoid, paying for it of course?

Nope,says right in the FAQs they won't work on any mags with aftermarker,un- approved parts.The stock parts must be reinstalled before service.

With the news of AGD no longer making E-Mags, I fear I only have so much time to do this. Hopefully a void warrenty won't prevent from getting a AGD board installed.

3.2 is just a software upgrade,not the board.You'd have to buy and install the board and return everthing to stock.

(Unless Tom or someone says otherwise.;))

Butterfingers
03-02-2004, 12:49 AM
AGD never used them way back I used them way back :)

Yes we got a phone call from AGD... Yes they will void your warranty

xrancid_milkx
03-02-2004, 01:54 AM
Ok, so in order for me to get an AGD board on my E-Mag, I have to buy the board seperate from them, and install it myself? Or could I buy the board, then remove my Morlock board and replace the area with the AGD board (not installed) and have them install it for me?

I am very confused by anything near electronic, Heck I have problems programming my remote. So I'm trying to find away to have this done for me.

Tunaman
03-02-2004, 06:12 AM
The problem is not just the board now. Your HES will also need to be replaced as well as the board and positive battery lead. I can fix it no problem. Send it here...;)

Jonesie
03-02-2004, 08:01 AM
Tuna's the man. He'll get you and your E-Mag hooked up! :)

xrancid_milkx
03-02-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Tunaman
The problem is not just the board now. Your HES will also need to be replaced as well as the board and positive battery lead. I can fix it no problem. Send it here...;)

Tried pming you, but pm box is full. Should I post question here?

mcveighr
03-02-2004, 05:05 PM
You can hit the e-mail button, its near the PM button.