PDA

View Full Version : ICD's New Gun (maybe)

Angry Man
03-01-2004, 11:48 PM
http://darryl.rotorhead.org/images/freestyle.jpg

First pic of ICD's new gun. Belive it or not it's a blow forward and believe it or not it's actually uglier than an emag. Some sort of 4 way solenoid blow forward without a spring sounds like a spool valve but isn't.

Supposed to retail for 850-1000....seems too pricey especially considering how the frame looks.

Still, don't know if it's real.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
03-01-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Angry Man
believe it or not it's actually uglier than an emag.

Are you implying something bad about the emag?

Angry Man
03-01-2004, 11:54 PM
Not implying, stating it flat out: it was a pretty ugly gun. (Although the X-mag looks okay.) Also my friend's emag had a board that smoked sometimes.

Just my opinion, of course....

spantol
03-01-2004, 11:56 PM
Wow. It's so ugly it's pretty. Can't wait to see how it performs.

QUINCYMASSGUY
03-02-2004, 12:06 AM
I'd love to know exactly how this thing works...

RT pRo AuToMaG
03-02-2004, 12:08 AM
ouch, that is one of the uglier guns i have seen. Hopefully its performance will make up for its fuglyness.

elpimpo
kinda resembles the dm fizzle

WARPED1
See, ICD was smart enough to sign out of court with SP............

elpimpo
03-02-2004, 12:10 AM
actually it really looks like the dm fizzle

QUINCYMASSGUY
03-02-2004, 12:12 AM
Looks like an angel-style bolt hatch, stacked tube, LPR or volumizer... interesting

LeatherPants
03-02-2004, 12:15 AM
WOW so that's what happends when a DM4 mates with a Spyder.

WARPED1
03-02-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by LeatherPants
WOW so that's what happends when a DM4 mates with a Spyder. ROTFLMAO!

RRfireblade
03-02-2004, 12:33 AM
I vote Photochopped.

WARPED1
03-02-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by RRfireblade
I vote Photochopped. Why? Looks real to me.......but I'm old:p .

RRfireblade
03-02-2004, 12:42 AM
I don't know.

Looks all fuzzy and distorted w/ some spots more fuzzy than others and some pretty clear. Either No or a very weird looking background.

Just a guess.

:)

LeatherPants
03-02-2004, 12:44 AM
I'm telling you. It's one of those picture booths that are at bars that you and your GF take pics and it shows what your kid would look like.

So a DM4 and a Spyder walk in to this bar..............

LaW
03-02-2004, 01:03 AM
Well the photo has definately been edited, the background was taken out (poorly i might add) because you can see where they traced around the outside of the marker. As for the marker being photochopped... looks like a bunch of parts thrown together, it was definately edited but not sure if it was just completely thrown together or the person who edited the photo just sucks and did some things with the color and crap.

vf-xx
03-02-2004, 01:20 AM
I vote Photochoped.

That feed neck area is screaming Timmee at me.

LaW
03-02-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by vf-xx
I vote Photochoped.

Yeah most likely, I could have went either way but if you really look at it you can see the blending the person tried to do

QUINCYMASSGUY
03-02-2004, 01:39 AM
Over on PBN, I saw pics of a metal frame looking like this, I think something like this exists, it may have just been photoshopped to show what it will look like assembled.

Jack & Coke
03-02-2004, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by RT pRo AuToMaG
ouch, that is one of the uglier guns i have seen. Hopefully its performance will make up for its fuglyness.

Even uglier and fuglier than this?

http://www.alienpb.com/

http://www.alienpb.com/media/red-gun-anim2.gif

:eek:

DK1
03-02-2004, 08:26 AM
no, it's real. I was there when it was let out by GregICD via chat. The original background was SO hideous... it made the gun look awful. So, sombody took out the rainbow background, and they did the best they could...

I think it looks ok.. it'll get better as time wears on it...

DK1

personman
03-02-2004, 09:48 AM
Well, I'm glad that some companies are taking a hint and realising that blow forward is the way to go :p
The gun is pretty ugly, but knowing ICD, it will be quality.

hAppy
03-02-2004, 10:27 AM
ugh wtf thats a hideous gun
maybe icd should go ahead and wait a little more before making their new gun.... give them some time to touch things up...

emags no is ugly :(

-=Squid=-
03-02-2004, 10:41 AM
I think its one of those things, that when you realize how well it performs it will seem good looking to you. Take a noob, and let him choose a spyder flash or a viking... he will say the flash is prettier... I wouldnt of course. Reason being is because I know more about each marker. Get what im saying?

fallout11
03-02-2004, 11:05 AM
You have to think that having this already in development/early pre-production was a driving factor in ICD electing to settle with Smart Parts.
Imagine the money they already had sunk into it, R&D, tooling costs, etc.
Smart Parts hit them at a critical time, product wise. They had to pay, or just flush the new marker and all the resources they'd already put into it down the toliet.

Now we know why the BKO recently dropped in price....planned obscelence.

manike
03-02-2004, 11:10 AM
It's definitely not photochopped. That's just how it looks.

LaW
03-02-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by manike
It's definitely not photochopped. That's just how it looks.

The only part that I thought might have been chopped was the front area by the feed tube because it looks like it had been blended in to the other parts of the marker. But I guess I would have to see a better picture of it to form an opinion of how it looks ;)

Beemer
03-02-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by WARPED1

Another brilliant post

Smart enough......thats a matter of perception

WARPED1
03-02-2004, 12:40 PM
Did Beemer have another insulting comment for me? When is he going to realize that I'm entitled to my opinion and thanks to the first ammendment of the constitution am entitled to print it?
I told him to put me on his ignore list, hell, he's on mine!

fallout11
03-02-2004, 12:42 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Now you boys go play nice.

Automaggin2
03-02-2004, 01:49 PM
It looks like a cross between a DM4, Spyder, and timmy

Timmee
03-02-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by vf-xx
I vote Photochoped.

It screams my name? Cool, now I'm gonna have to get one. :D

BTW, I don't think it looks too bad.

wobbles82
03-02-2004, 02:38 PM
Hrm..front lpr..mounted on a block that holds a regulator..body with eye covers that go over the frame..and the frame that has a rounded..almost clamlike design..blowforward..ok, sounds sorta like a Timmy, :D . ICD always does have a nifty way of making things though, I dont doubt this marker it just..looks horrible. Although..I think the DM4 has grown on people, sadly. I guess were all going to be shooting guns from Star Wars, hopefully not. :(

billmi
03-02-2004, 03:07 PM
The module on the top rear definitely reminds me of the way the reg assembly locks in to ICD's previous blow-forward semi, the Desert Fox.

Smoke
03-02-2004, 03:30 PM
Photochopped, definatly. A rather poor job too, the feed neck area is a give away.

manike
03-02-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by automagfreek
Photochopped, definatly. A rather poor job too, the feed neck area is a give away.

It is NOT photochopped. *he says looking at one on the desk next to him*.

It does work like an electronic version of the Desert Fox.

68magOwner
03-02-2004, 03:35 PM
it is very ugly, yes, uglier than the alien, anyway, the top looks almost DM4-ish

WARPED1
03-02-2004, 03:39 PM

It does work like an electronic version of the Desert Fox. I'd trust Simon............

OysterBoy
03-02-2004, 03:51 PM
wow, so few people know how to find image sources...lol

http://darryl.rotorhead.org

goto the very bottom, youl note 2 frame pictures.

Photochopped?

No

LaW
03-02-2004, 03:56 PM
It has been edited, but obviously is a real marker... the photo is just really grainy

tony3
03-02-2004, 04:23 PM
It has potential to look like a great gun, but some things must go. The feedneck makes it look like some cheap low cost gun, we don't need the little support wings....Also, the eyecover doesnt't need to be a big production, just make a small little piece coming out of the frame to contain it. Otherwise I like it.

DK1
03-02-2004, 04:24 PM

It does work like an electronic version of the Desert Fox.

Would you mind giving us a little info? I'm considering going with this thing, but I'd sure appreciate an appraisal from you if you're allowed... ;) My main concern right now is efficiency... I know ICD well enough to know that speed isn't going to be a problem. It's obviously fairly compact, probably light enough... but spools and blowforwards done wrong always have abominable gas mileage.

DK1

lord1234
03-02-2004, 05:39 PM
does this remind anyone else of a DM4?

Sparks
03-02-2004, 05:44 PM
With a hopper and tank on it, it might look pretty decent. I've grown rather fond of it, actually. I'm out of the electro world, but if i could ever justify putting that much money into equipment again i'd definitely consider it.

WARPED1
03-02-2004, 05:47 PM
I've never been fond of ICD gun's(by looks alone mind you), this one includes.

funkykarl
03-02-2004, 06:59 PM
Looks to me like a mix between a DM4 and a timmy... stole the awkward length from a timmy and the ugly from a DM4. This is why Smart-Parts is going around suing people... to get rid of all the suck, not to get rid of all the competition. I guess in that way they really ARE like Nazis, except in this case the 'Jews' actually suck. (btw... I am in fact joking).

QUINCYMASSGUY
03-02-2004, 07:24 PM
So the back looks like the old Desert Fox or whatever so the airflow is most likely identical to that of a mag but how does the 3-way power it? If it moves the bolt forward and back, wouldn't that make it a Matrix copy being referred to as a blow forward, or perhaps fired forward like a mag by the same gas that's used to fire, and return by a 3-way that pushes it back?

FutureMagOwner
03-02-2004, 07:37 PM
hmmm i dont think it looks that bad they could use a better looking lpr and grips. its almost got an kinda egyptian look kinda deal going to it with that bottem squarish arc thingy the lpr or whatever it is definantly doesnt fit with it (and i think they could use a better feed tube) but manike get a chance to shoot it how is it? (wanna send it to me? ;) :D )

WARPED1
03-02-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by funkykarl
Looks to me like a mix between a DM4 and a timmy... stole the awkward length from a timmy and the ugly from a DM4. This is why Smart-Parts is going around suing people... to get rid of all the suck, not to get rid of all the competition. I guess in that way they really ARE like Nazis, except in this case the 'Jews' actually suck. (btw... I am in fact joking). ICD signed with SP and can continue to produce Bushies. DYE can produce Matrices', and NPS can produce thier Intimidators.

Octavian
03-03-2004, 02:04 AM
i saw one in action at a local field...it ripps, is mega quiet and is very light..... should be interesting to c when it is finally released, how it affects the pro circuit...

QUINCYMASSGUY
03-03-2004, 02:20 AM
So Octavian, is it really dual tube style or is it single tube with a row of electronics and the 3-way making up the bottom column? Did you get to see the bolt? is it angel style or is the latch just angel-style and the air comes from behind like a Mag?

funkykarl
03-03-2004, 06:41 PM
ICD signed with SP and can continue to produce Bushies. DYE can produce Matrices', and NPS can produce thier Intimidators.

Yeah, I'm aware of the settlement that was made, it was just the first thing that came to my head when I looked at the gun after reading all the stuff about SP lately. I'm sure it's a good quality marker, but ICD was much better off with the looks they were going for with the 03 and 04's.

WARPED1
03-03-2004, 06:46 PM
I want to try it or see it in action at least.

Grasshopper
03-03-2004, 08:27 PM
Doesn't look TOO ugly to me.

...something needs to change with the gripframe, though.

50 cal
03-03-2004, 09:18 PM
If there were only this new ICD gun and pumps anymore, I would definately play with my Phantom over that uuuugly thing.

robdamanii
03-03-2004, 09:24 PM
Ugly, with a capital U.

Ov3rmind
03-03-2004, 11:00 PM
I think it looks insanely ugly; but after reading how it works on PBN, I think this gun has loads of potential.

warpedside671
03-06-2004, 03:52 AM
whoa that marker looks like a hacked up angel and timmy put together, a mini version .

I'd like to see how it rips .

1stdeadeye
03-06-2004, 07:35 AM

And then produce a marker that looks like it is a prop from Star Trek, TNG?:rolleyes:

Meph
03-06-2004, 08:34 AM
Heh, figure AO would be more talking about performance. Guess all anybody even here cares about is the looks!

Score Tom 1!

Okay to actually add something useful to this besides the photoshop debate.

Blow forward design. (just like a Desert Fox.)
air recocks marker, not spring.
Smaller and lighter then current ICD lineup.
Comes with a drop forward and On/off.
Standard with PDS.
Fade colors.
(MSRP) $1050.00 Starting.
Clamshell grip.
Rear mounted on/off LED Switches
Green for Power
Red for PDS
easily outshoots a Bushy!
Cocker threaded barrell
Clamping feedneck
Microswitch mounted with Screws (NO pushpins!)
four-way adjustable Trigger
Easy field stripping
New style rebuildable balldetent system.(no orings, cleans easily, stiffer to reduce double feeding)
3D milling
well balanced feel.
Shoots lighting fast!!!!
operating pressure is 260psi

And here's the original picture before they did photoshop it, due to the rainbow behind it!

http://www.icdpaintball.com/uploads/fsweb.jpg

http://www.icdpaintball.com/uploads/fsonoff.jpg

FutureMagOwner
03-06-2004, 10:57 AM
well theres not much else we can comment about it when there isnt any out there being reviewed by people like bill mills or accual players so i dont think thats a very fair analysis ;)

QUINCYMASSGUY
03-06-2004, 11:52 AM
I've been dying to see a schematic of this thing, where the bolt goes and is held down, where the airflow goes, etc. I am very interested in the performance.

WARPED1
03-06-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye

And then produce a marker that looks like it is a prop from Star Trek, TNG?:rolleyes: Unfortunatly, thats the direction pb is taking. Look at the butt ugly DM4...........

Angry Man
03-06-2004, 02:27 PM
The one thing that worries me is the fact that it does come with a drop forward and on/off.

It's nice that it does, but the fact is that the gun really needs a drop forward, whereas most well-balanced guns don't. The feedneck is too far forward and the grip is too far back.

Space framed angles and the newer intimidators (finally) have grips far enough forward to balance without needing a drop forward.

Kaiser Bob
03-06-2004, 07:48 PM
I think the thing looks neat, it is DM4 meets Timmy plus a little bit Laser Tag gun... id buy one.

1stdeadeye
03-06-2004, 07:55 PM
Again, it looks like a Klingon Pistol from Star Trek: TNG!

I wouldn't buy one and I buy almost everything, er anything!;)