PDA

View Full Version : "AO vs AIR Day at SCP"

MuGsy
03-02-2004, 12:07 AM
WHO: ANYONE WHO WANTS TO COME YOUR OWN GEAR AND EQUIPMENT PROVIDE FOR YOURSELF.

WHAT: THE EVENT FOR US BALLERS TO MEET AND PLAY TOGETHER COCKER VS. THE MAGS ( NOT A PERSONAL THING JUST HAVE FUN!!!!)

WHERE: SANTA CLARA PAINTBALL <---- link to this address www.santaclarapaintball.com *INFO. YOU NEED ABOUT THIS FIELD LOCATED ALL IN THE LINK*

WHEN: April 24,2004 8am-8pm

Hoping for everyone to participate if we can pull this off it would be the greatest event for AO and AIR.

Participants of AO&AIR

1.z-man
2.steelrat
3.Aegis
4.Littlepaintballboy
5.Zaust
6.Spacetedybear
7.Teekyboy
8.Mighty Mike
9.Padiwhack
10.carbon
11.ghayes1154
12.Rico
13.AC/02
15.Ninja
16.shadowfalcon
17.xXhappyaznXx
18.drkazndragon03
19.ghideon
20.Eatem Alive
21.Blennidae
22.sps16
*LINK TO AIR ON EVENT http://www.air-powered.com/index.php?act=ST&f=10&t=15409&st=0#entry148942*

Z-man
03-02-2004, 12:20 AM
I like the idea! I would be interested in having an AO Day in mid April. I want to see SCP's new X-Ball field too!

Steelrat
03-02-2004, 05:57 PM
Oh HELL YA! Lets show those Vantrepes-woshipping goons who is boss!

Hey, wait a minute! Im a AIR exclusive member! Is that like a conflict of interest?

Aegis
03-02-2004, 10:02 PM
Funny, I was just thinking that we need to set something up. Any chance SCP will do a group thing like we had at Extreme?

And Steelrat, you are conflicted. A foot in every camp, I guess you have to play on the team that represents the marker that is working that day. Unless it is the Viking, which makes you a free agent.

Just kidding, of course, I expect you to represent AO in your usual style.

LittlePaintballBoy
03-02-2004, 10:17 PM
Im up for it. ::Puts on game face:: :mad: :mad: ARRRRRGH! YOUR GOIN DOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN!

03-03-2004, 04:07 PM
Can I shoot my..... Viking? I'm sellin' my cocker... :rolleyes:

MuGsy
03-03-2004, 08:10 PM
I'm still not clear for a convienent date so please suggest the following day according to the field openings.

Thank You

ZAust
03-06-2004, 10:14 PM
im feeling april 17th. ho is the norcal presence on the air forums? will we get much of a turnout?

03-06-2004, 11:19 PM
Well at least we get some ppl... I hope :D

And I usually play @ SCP too...

spacedtedybear
03-07-2004, 01:31 AM
How about any Sunday? :D

ZAust
03-07-2004, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by spacedtedybear
How about any Sunday? :D

hmm.. how bout any.. not sunday. damn our conflicting schedules! anywho, it looks like the weekend of the 17th is off. theres a panam event going on that weekend at scp. and i cant make the weekend before. crap!

03-08-2004, 12:25 PM
Saturdays please...:(

ZAust
03-08-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by 127.0.0.1
Saturdays please...:(

how bout the next weekend, the 24-25th? i know its not during spring break, but is that an absolute necesity? at that point im flexible enough to do either day.

hAppy
03-09-2004, 07:18 PM
april 16th ish is xpsl i believe, correct me if im wrong
lets make it an all day on a saturday, thats from 9am - 8am, leaving a good amount of time to meet and greet

lets vote on a date

mugsy (kevin) who will be hosting this...?
lets create some sort of way we can identifying each other instead of pointing and asking "hey who are you" :o

t33kyboy
03-09-2004, 07:30 PM
ill be there... :D

Z-man
03-09-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by xXhAppyAznXx
lets create some sort of way we can identifying each other instead of pointing and asking "hey who are you" :o

You will know me by the sound of my rapid-fire!

hAppy
03-09-2004, 09:36 PM
hmm ill be ordering a AO condom soon, and i have a red jt jersey w/ 2 AGD patches on my shoulders

shadowfalcon78
03-10-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by MuGsy
I'm still not clear for a convienent date so please suggest the following day according to the field openings.
Thank You

OMG! I think that's the most coherent sentence Kevin has ever said/typed :eek: :eek:

So . . SCP, April, mags vs. cocker or something ?
Can I shoot my timmy ?? :)

hAppy
03-10-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by shadowfalcon78

OMG! I think that's the most coherent sentence Kevin has ever said/typed :eek: :eek:

SHHHHH dont let the AOers know that kevin is a little slow!

03-10-2004, 12:33 PM
I hope my pink highlander comes in time... otherwise I'll just use either a speed or a trix.

Weird, eh... I'm in the mag and cocker forum and I have no mags or cockers. :D

ZAust
03-10-2004, 02:41 PM
I hope my pink highlander comes in time...:D

damn, i wanna see that gun.

MuGsy
03-10-2004, 08:50 PM
Well, according to everyones' opinions it has been voted for April 24, 2004 SATURDAY 8am-8pm.

If anyone objects please say "I", if not then it will be set for this date.

Please send a pm' if you're planning on going for sure.

THANKS, Kev

xXhAppyAznXx

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG! I think that's the most coherent sentence Kevin has ever said/typed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHHHHH dont let the AOers know that kevin is a little slow!
My english teacher enjoys teaching about california's absurdity rules and regulations. Including the anger he hides about staff members. Basically not a surprise for sh** sentences I write. Also slow b/c I write bad sentences alrite you need a doctor for yourself bro.

Posted Today 3/10/04

hAppy
03-10-2004, 09:12 PM
aye kevin i still cant understand wth you just wrote
make a list of the people going at the top of this thread, your first post

are you sure we arent busy on apr 24? go check the calender for bs

Mighty Mike
03-10-2004, 10:40 PM
Put me on the AO list!! Hopefully enough A.I.R guys show up.

ZAust
03-11-2004, 01:00 AM
a quick note: erut, jr119us, and i are planning on a trip so scp on saturday. so be there!

padiwack
03-11-2004, 01:27 AM
if i can get the time off at work, i'll go.

MuGsy
03-11-2004, 02:04 AM
Send me pm' makes my life easier to do head count.
Thanks, Kev

Also quicknote not a competitive VS just another rec. day for AO & AIR to meet&greet.

Carbon
03-11-2004, 05:14 AM
Oh snap! its alive, its alive har!!! word you bet im in. I cant wait for this one. AO & AIR, finally.

EDIT: signup here (http://www.automags.org/forums/newthread.php?s=&action=newthread&forumid=29)

hAppy
03-11-2004, 10:22 AM
aye kevin, post this at the top

carbon... dude you re going to let me try out that 4.0 software, or im going to pry it from cold dead fingers :o

does anyone have any ideas on a identification system?

MuGsy
03-11-2004, 07:15 PM
The top post has been adjusted for the date and # of participants. If anything is incorrect just notify me and i'll patch it up.

Blennidae
03-11-2004, 07:51 PM
Just signed up in the thread linked above.

I am a member of both forums, but I refuse to stand in the middle and let both shoot at me. I'm not crazy like Z-man for instance...;)

Z-man
03-11-2004, 07:53 PM
I still have scaring from that you know ;). I get to rapid-fire if that happens again.

Carbon
03-11-2004, 09:47 PM
our best bet is come in as a private group, that way we get catered to. Im expecting large games.

hAppy
03-11-2004, 10:31 PM
private games require a down payment, and its not a small one either

the question is how are we going to get that down payment?

my friend said, put EZ UP TENTS some place far, and put a bunch of em up so that we can find the area and meet each other there, sounds like a good idea and all

but who has these tents?

shadowfalcon78
03-12-2004, 01:25 AM
use your "not so-EZ" tent setup :D

Hmmm . . i was thinking. BBQ ?!?! since we might have a lot of ppl going. What's the down payment for a private field at SCP ?

hAppy
03-12-2004, 10:24 AM
you mean my camping tent?! haha

the down payment i think was 300-500? something like that, vincent told me (thats why he backed out)
but thats only for a closed day, i believe

cus you'd have to pay extra for more refs to work overtime on a closed day you know what i mean? but since we're planning on saturday, we could probably just ask for 1 ref to ref our game, shoot we ll play by the honor system

03-12-2004, 11:50 AM
Wow... how many ppl so far? Seems like a big event is comin'...:D

padiwack
03-12-2004, 09:39 PM
count me out, all 5 of my guns and $4000 worth of other stuff was stolen from my garage yesterday. Life sucks thats all i have to say.

Carbon
03-12-2004, 11:00 PM
Anyone have an extra gun you can loan padiwack for the day?

shadowfalcon78
03-12-2004, 11:06 PM
Padiwack - Dude, that really sucks, my condolences. I'm sure the AO community can lend you a gun/tank/loader if you decide to join us :)

Mighty Mike
03-12-2004, 11:25 PM
Padiwack - sorry about the bad news, but if you can still make it, I have a spare autococker and x-valve minimag you can borrow.

Eatem Alive
03-13-2004, 12:10 AM
i'm definately down for this. last time was a blast. i also have a spare x-valved micro to loan.

Steelrat
03-13-2004, 12:13 AM
Padiwak, we have plenty of guns. Shoot, you can use the X mag or an excal/viking if you need to. I know the group has way more than enough spare guns to cover you. And just think about what you can get with the insurance check! MMmmmmm, new gun goodness....

Eatem, glad you had a good time. I didnt realize until I was looking at the pictures that you were playing with a hopper of paint, and no pods :eek: You were at the 50 every game. It was incredible!

Carbon
03-13-2004, 12:13 AM
Norcal AO guys are the best!

padiwack
03-13-2004, 01:21 AM
thanks everyone, for giving me the option of using a gun. Im hoping i can buy a new one, or catch the bastard who stole the stuff, before the game day.

Steelrat
03-13-2004, 01:46 AM
Screw catching him, claim it on the insurance and enjoy!

Where do you live again, Brentwood? Any idea who did it?

Carbon
03-13-2004, 03:51 AM
aye kevin, post this at the top

carbon... dude you re going to let me try out that 4.0 software, or im going to pry it from cold dead fingers :o

does anyone have any ideas on a identification system?

fo sho' Hey is your buddy or you gonna be taping? cause tha last one he did, AO day 2 i believe was pretty cool.

padiwack
03-13-2004, 02:22 PM
i think i found the guy who took my paintball stuff, so i most likely will have a gun. thanks guys

O_o
03-13-2004, 03:50 PM
wow, that was a quick catch. i hope u get your stuff back.

That was me who made the video last time. I have more experience and stuff now with video editing so hopefully it'll be better. Also hoping I can get my hands on a digi camcorder or something cuz transferring from a Hi-8 camcorder to my computer makes the quality kinda crap.

hAppy
03-13-2004, 07:56 PM
yeah me and O_o were taping
that time we didnt have working guns? and money
this time we're ready to rock!

O_o brought up an idea about having some sort of lunch or dinner, since some of you guys might be there all day, just throw out some ideas, and have someone volunteer to take care of that

padiwack- how did you find out who so fast? lets put up a story to kill some time from now till the meet

ZAust
03-13-2004, 08:09 PM
well, eric and i just got back from our day at scp. it started pretty crappily(getting there late and my tank failing to hold a fill), but got vastly better when we met up with mike. he loaned us both stuff, and eric and i both to play with his ebladed cocker. oh man, i want one of those so freakin bad. the sXemag may be looking for a new home. anywho, we had a good time, shot a lot of punks, and cant wait for next month.

ZAust
03-13-2004, 08:14 PM

O_o brought up an idea about having some sort of lunch or dinner, since some of you guys might be there all day, just throw out some ideas, and have someone volunteer to take care of that

dude, the answer is clear (http://www.chevys.com/frameset.html).

Z-man
03-13-2004, 09:21 PM
YES EXACTLY! I KNOW WHERE IT IS!!!!

Mighty Mike
03-13-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by ZAust
well, eric and i just got back from our day at scp. it started pretty crappily(getting there late and my tank failing to hold a fill), but got vastly better when we met up with mike. he loaned us both stuff, and eric and i both to play with his ebladed cocker. oh man, i want one of those so freakin bad. the sXemag may be looking for a new home. anywho, we had a good time, shot a lot of punks, and cant wait for next month.
I felt like a proud father today taking care of my two kids Zaust and Erut.:p Today was pretty fun. I played for the first 3 hours, but stopped after lunch when the heat set in. For the remainder of the day I watched Zach and Eric dominate the intermediate group, averaging 5-6 kills a game. Ummm...fellas, I think it's time for you to move on to the advance group.:) I had some problems w/ my Lasoya today. It seems like the Shocktech bolt was too tight for the chamber and stupid me left the stock bolt on my desk, so the Lasoya did not see any play today. However the Eblade saved the day for all of us.

Thanks again Zach for making me look like a bad guy.:mad: Zach offered my Eblade to some little kid who wanted to play a game w/ it, and I had to tell him "no." I probably ruined that kid's day....ZACH!!:mad:

ZAust
03-13-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Mighty Mike

Thanks again Zach for making me look like a bad guy.:mad: Zach offered my Eblade to some little kid who wanted to play a game w/ it, and I had to tell him "no." I probably ruined that kid's day....ZACH!!:mad:
yeah yeah yeah.. cry about it. :p

Mighty Mike
03-13-2004, 11:43 PM
btw, we spoke to the head referee and he stated that it's going to be tough to have our own private game since the fields are limited and weekends are busy for them.

devingoode
03-13-2004, 11:47 PM
Add me to this list, i'll be there

O_o
03-14-2004, 12:09 AM
I wonder if we could do like an honor system thing or maybe just have like 1 ref. . or we can ref ourselves :rolleyes: . It's not like they use all 4 fields anyways .

So . .. anyone wanna pick up pizza and soda for lunch of something ? :D We can all throw in like $5

padiwack
03-14-2004, 12:53 AM
xXhappyaznXx, i cant give a story yet, im still working on finding the thief.

hAppy
03-14-2004, 06:19 PM
chevys is going to make things tough for most people
cramming people into cars, leaving people behind to watch equipment.

i say we just send a runner to get like 100 boxes of pizza :o

pizza hut is $5 / large or something.

maybe we can convince scp to just let us ref ourselves, refs are only needed in beginners

hAppy
03-14-2004, 06:37 PM
O NO, we cant get our own field...

http://www.sacpaintball.com/cgi-bin/java/YaBB.cgi?board=stuff&action=display&num=1078972672&start=15

Rico is a ref at scp

check it out guys....

ZAust
03-14-2004, 09:46 PM
chevys is going to make things tough for most people
cramming people into cars, leaving people behind to watch equipment.

i say we just send a runner to get like 100 boxes of pizza :o

pizza hut is $5 / large or something.

maybe we can convince scp to just let us ref ourselves, refs are only needed in beginners

oh no, we hit up chevys after the meet. during, we could definately send people out to little caesars for a crapload of $5 large pepperoni pizzas.

hAppy
03-15-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by ZAust

oh no, we hit up chevys after the meet. during, we could definately send people out to little caesars for a crapload of $5 large pepperoni pizzas. sounds great, hope i will be able to make it to that part of the day

scp says saturday theres usually a lot of people, therefore they will use up all 4 fields. of course i know theres going to be a lot of people, theres going to be 20+ MORE thats going to be there that same saturday, they should just surrender the 4th field to us. i will try to get some convincing done!

ZAust
03-15-2004, 12:58 AM

scp says saturday theres usually a lot of people, therefore they will use up all 4 fields. of course i know theres going to be a lot of people, theres going to be 20+ MORE thats going to be there that same saturday, they should just surrender the 4th field to us. i will try to get some convincing done!

if we had the event yesterday, it would have been an issue. all four fields were being used the whole day. the intermediate division was PACKED. advanced wasnt quite so full, but it would have been crap with another 30 guys.

the only way i could see this happening would be if they consolidated the rentals and beginners into one group, intermediate, advanced, then us.

Carbon
03-15-2004, 02:28 AM
A little help from yall aoers. I have two budies of mine who have never played paintball,let alone speedball. The have no gear. Currently, i have only an extra classic mag sans gas lines, if yall can let me borrow some fitting for the day that would be killer. So basicaly, what need is to pool some spare equipmnet for my buddies to use. They are newbs and are not likely to go balls out, although they might want to shoot fast and reliably. I want them to have good time so they return to the sport. What i need are:

2 masks, Anykind
2 guns, Any kind, lower end preferably, nothing that will freak em out or to complex to operate. If ya got some old m98's floating around that would be cool.

2 tanks, co2 or nitro, what ever works for you.

2 hoppers. Gravity fed would be nice, but is ya got some spare outmoded electronic ones it would be nice.

Anyway thanx yall.

Z-man
03-15-2004, 02:30 AM
I got:

1 extra mask
1 extra Halo B (I suggest you use that Carbon and give your friend the slower happer)
1 extra 6 pod harness.

If the RT Pro does not sell Ill have that whole setup too (but I suspect it will)

LittlePaintballBoy
03-15-2004, 10:32 AM
I'm sure we could build a classic of some sort, and I have my revvy now just sitting.:)

Blennidae
03-15-2004, 01:34 PM
I have a complete set up for 1 extra person. I have the mech cocker running correctly now. I might have my retro mini ready by the game, but as of right now, it has a brand new red x valve in it with an untuned L10.

I'm currently out of air so I cant tune it. I'm not sure when I'll be able to get my tanks filled. An L10 mag is more forgiving than a mech cocker for a brand new player, so I'll try to get it ready.

Carbon
03-15-2004, 04:15 PM
Sweet! thnx guys! this is why i love yall Norcal folks so much!

hAppy
03-15-2004, 06:24 PM
we always carry misc spare items, if you're lucky, we should be able to have something useful

so anyone want to volunteer and call scp, and try to convince them why we should get our own field, and not pay extra (b/c we re bringing them like 20+ customers), or try to bargain a price w/ them

03-16-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Carbon
A little help from yall aoers. I have two budies of mine who have never played paintball,let alone speedball. The have no gear. Currently, i have only an extra classic mag sans gas lines, if yall can let me borrow some fitting for the day that would be killer. So basicaly, what need is to pool some spare equipmnet for my buddies to use. They are newbs and are not likely to go balls out, although they might want to shoot fast and reliably. I want them to have good time so they return to the sport. What i need are:

2 masks, Anykind
2 guns, Any kind, lower end preferably, nothing that will freak em out or to complex to operate. If ya got some old m98's floating around that would be cool.

2 tanks, co2 or nitro, what ever works for you.

2 hoppers. Gravity fed would be nice, but is ya got some spare outmoded electronic ones it would be nice.

Anyway thanx yall.

I got :

3 extra masks
2 black draguns (working fine!)
1 phantom
1 delta .68 pistol
1 VL Quantum (LOL)
1 Reloader
1 Revy
a bunch of VL200s
some CO2 tanks

Enough for 2~3 newbs :)

P.S CAN I SHOOT ONE OF YOUR SWEET MAGS PLZ PLZ :D (I wanna try a sweet mag... lol.. you can shoot my trix or speed while I'm trying yours)

LittlePaintballBoy
03-16-2004, 04:20 PM
P.S CAN I SHOOT ONE OF YOUR SWEET MAGS PLZ PLZ :D (I wanna try a sweet mag... lol.. you can shoot my trix or speed while I'm trying yours)

There will be more sweet mags than you can imagine:p If you don't mind, i'd like to play around with that little pistol for a few games.:) Does it just take 12 grams?

awesomePballer11
03-16-2004, 07:08 PM
hey yall i might be able to go i havent been on AO for a while so i just got back on

03-16-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by LittlePaintballBoy

There will be more sweet mags than you can imagine:p If you don't mind, i'd like to play around with that little pistol for a few games.:) Does it just take 12 grams?

Yeah.. my pistol only takes 12 grams and 10 rounds... Delta .68 is worst when it comes to upgrades - there's NO UPGRADES :(

and say what? little? it isn't as small as you might imagine, but looks cool nonetheless... like desert eagle:D

Z-man
03-16-2004, 07:34 PM
My SFL will have the new color matched FireBlade Trigger when we meet! Prepare to meet AGD 4.0 with the FIREBLADE!

Blennidae
03-16-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Z-man
Prepare to meet AGD 4.0 with the FIREBLADE!

But only if he can find the safety...;)

LittlePaintballBoy
03-16-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Blennidae

LOL!!!!!!!!

127.0.0.1- Thats cool, I'll just bring a few 12 grams. I have some from shooting BB psitols.

Z-man
03-16-2004, 07:51 PM

You are NOT funny! PREPARE TO DIE!

hAppy
03-16-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Z-man

You are NOT funny! PREPARE TO DIE!

haha thats freakin funny

did i ever tell you, your name, Zak Vetter, and your picture makes you look and sound like you're tough enough to be Superman?!

i mean think of it...

"Zak Vetter, SUPERMAN!"

Carbon
03-16-2004, 08:48 PM
127.0.0.1: thanx for the help, ill keep it in mind! For sure you can rock my Emag!

hAppy
03-16-2004, 10:45 PM
looks like scp is being dumb and wont negotiate

kevin, mugsy, called
and they told him we can't have our own field b/c sat is their biggest public day
of course we know that, so let the public have their own field! b/c AO, AIR, and Sacpaintball will have their event w/ roughly 20-30 people. that alone will fill up 1 field.

they are worried about losing rental money, when we are guaranteeing about 20-30 people already. most which will pay the full all day price, and all day air.

we just considered sunol, but i hear its pretty crappy. bear creak is kind of small (parking lot / staging area), and you have to call for reservations

i think scp wants to a deposit for a private field, we'll see how much that will cost

Z-man
03-16-2004, 10:56 PM
You know... :) there is always TAG ;)

spacedtedybear
03-16-2004, 10:58 PM
I'm hoping that the guys at Bearcreek are opening their field in Milpitas soon. And speaking of Bearcreek, the games there are more slow paced, mellow, and there is, as Azn mentioned, only one medium sized field in the woods. So if you guys are up for a day of woodsball, I'm all for it.

03-16-2004, 11:04 PM
Whatever you decide, no Sunol, Hayward, or Paintball Jungle "Home of the Wipers".

sps16
03-16-2004, 11:17 PM

hahaha! i remember that :p

Steelrat
03-16-2004, 11:32 PM
And, dont forget Valley Thunder. Yes, its a bit out of the way, but they work hard to please, and they have a good field. Lord1234 for AO was in town visiting from Mass., and Tony at VT opened up the field and helped drum up people to come. We had a blast. Extreme was also very good at treating us right. VERY good. If SCP wants to be mercenary, I saw screw 'em. AO days, or ao vs air days, dont happen ofter, and a little bit of a drive is a small price to pay for all the fun!

On a side note, Ill have my 04 excalibur and my Xmag there. If anyone wants to play around with them, just let me know.

ZAust
03-16-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Steelrat
And, dont forget Valley Thunder. Yes, its a bit out of the way, but they work hard to please, and they have a good field. Lord1234 for AO was in town visiting from Mass., and Tony at VT opened up the field and helped drum up people to come. We had a blast. Extreme was also very good at treating us right. VERY good. If SCP wants to be mercenary, I saw screw 'em. AO days, or ao vs air days, dont happen ofter, and a little bit of a drive is a small price to pay for all the fun!

On a side note, Ill have my 04 excalibur and my Xmag there. If anyone wants to play around with them, just let me know.

im down for either field. both are some solid drives from the central bay area, but they are easily worth it.

Eatem Alive
03-16-2004, 11:48 PM
or Paintball Jungle "Home of the Wipers".
yeah, i remember the good ole' hornet days. i still have my old school hornet shirt. i didn't think wiping was wrong when everybody was doing it.;)

awesomePballer11
03-16-2004, 11:48 PM
hey LPB can i try your trix there i wanna use that in a game even though u live just down the street and i could walk down there and ask

Blennidae
03-17-2004, 12:43 AM
I'd be willing to do Extreme again. They did go out of their way to take care of us last time. Even when the Marines rolled in with their huge group.

Steelrat
03-17-2004, 12:46 AM
Yeah, Extreme is nice, but the guys at Valley Thunder really want us to go out there. There were a large number of mag users there today, including Tony (the manager) who was using and OLD OLD school classic mag with a remote line. It was awesome. Every time I go there they ask when the AO group is going to come.

Carbon
03-17-2004, 01:49 AM
Hmmm. VT sounds like a good idea, some of us would have to make a weekend out of it, but it seem like it would be fun. Im keen with the whole group buying power idea and if Steelrat says VT is golden, so it is. In anycase, i think we should wait to see if anything develops.

Mighty Mike
03-17-2004, 02:10 AM
I'm all for any paintball field that wants us to play there. Valley Thunder has some great looking fields and looks like it has the room to accomadate our big group. If the drive is ok w/ everyone, maybe we should go there?

I like SCP, but the fields are small and i'm too big to share a bunker with four others.

03-17-2004, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by awesomePballer11
hey LPB can i try your trix there i wanna use that in a game even though u live just down the street and i could walk down there and ask

Wait until I actually get it lol... I'll get it next weekend :D

Tadao v.4, Evolve, Pipe... everything!

Z-man
03-17-2004, 02:59 AM
Bah no one ever likes to give TAG a chance! Well in all fairness I think we should do TV. It's one of the good places that we have NOT yet done as an AO Day.... Um how far is that for me? Am I looking at another oone of those 5+ hour drives?

Blennidae
03-17-2004, 09:36 AM
While I'm up for a change of venue, to be fair we should let the originator of the idea make the call. He's trying to make it an AIR vs. AO day so he has to accomodate members of both boards. The AIR guys might not want to make the drive or whatever.

hAppy
03-17-2004, 10:22 AM
VT sounds great, who wants to drive us :(
how far is it from san jose?

mugsy is 15, im 16, my friend is 18, and none of us have a car, or insurance

but if its not too far, im sure we can find a ride from 2 options, 1 guy who is a really bad driver, another guy who isn't reliable

it would be only us 3, O_o and Mugsy, and me, we all need rides ;)

Eatem Alive
03-17-2004, 10:46 AM
your looking at about 2 hours...2-1/2 max.

LittlePaintballBoy
03-17-2004, 12:26 PM
Hey nick- You can play with it for sure.

127.0.0.1- I have an LED trix with some reg upgrades (ie CP inline and a trinity) and I love it. But you MUST let me try that trix with the Tadao Board and the evolve, if you wouldn't mind approximating how many shots you get off a tank with it after you play that would be cool too:) . Did you get eyes with the Tadao or are those standard in 4.0:confused:

Oh, and BTW awesomePBaller is my neighbor.:D

CoughExtremeCough heh heh, I actually want to play at VT again. the new grass is supposed to be very nice.

shadowfalcon78
03-17-2004, 03:41 PM
anyone have a pickup truck or big van us 3 can hitch a ride in ?? :D

If SCP won't be grateful for us, we'll just take out business elsewhere. Hey, a chance for Ken (happyazn) to play somewhere other than SCP :eek:

03-17-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by LittlePaintballBoy
127.0.0.1- I have an LED trix with some reg upgrades (ie CP inline and a trinity) and I love it. But you MUST let me try that trix with the Tadao Board and the evolve, if you wouldn't mind approximating how many shots you get off a tank with it after you play that would be cool too:) . Did you get eyes with the Tadao or are those standard in 4.0:confused:

They are standard in DYE LCD Trix ;)

Note that my trix has the 90* evolve frame so you might not be comfortable with it.. maybe. I like space frames :D

LittlePaintballBoy
03-17-2004, 03:53 PM
Eh, I like the feel of Speeds with the Space.:) I wasn't really sure what kind of trix you had, the Dye uses Break Beams, right? I also didn't know that the Tadao Board utilized the Gen-E eyes, I guess you learn something new everyday:D

Steelrat
03-17-2004, 05:03 PM
Tadao board has sockets to work with all the eyes. Pretty clever. My favorite part has to be the glowing multi color LED.

hAppy
03-17-2004, 06:33 PM
anyone have a pickup truck or big van us 3 can hitch a ride in ?? :D

If SCP won't be grateful for us, we'll just take out business elsewhere. Hey, a chance for Ken (happyazn) to play somewhere other than SCP :eek: 3 as in, me, you (O_o) and kev (mugsy)? cus jo probably wont go, and mike probably wont have room, and huy probably wouldnt survive the car ride

2 hours is quite far, so we'll need a ride home as well
(we will help pay for gas of course)
we prefer a driver in san jose, so its more convenient, and a smaller feeling of guilt

Aegis
03-17-2004, 08:39 PM
mugsy is 15, im 16, my friend is 18, and none of us have a car, or insurance

but if its not too far, im sure we can find a ride from 2 options, 1 guy who is a really bad driver, another guy who isn't reliable

Be sure to let us know when you are on the road, and what route you will be taking.

Anyway, Valley Thunder is a stickler for insurance waivers, and last time I checked you couldn't get one without a parent or guardian ON SITE to check you in. Can anyone confirm that is current? I know they still don't let you download a waiver to have it signed off-site.

hAppy
03-17-2004, 08:45 PM
as of right now, mugsy is talking to willie of scp
we have been told we need to make a deposit for reservations for 25 people at full day prices

we need to know exactly how many people will go for SURE %100

either way, kevin will need deposit money
so ... kevin will work out who needs to paypal him cash

03-17-2004, 08:52 PM
I'm definitely going. :)

Aegis
03-17-2004, 08:57 PM
as of right now, mugsy is talking to willie of scp
we have been told we need to make a deposit for reservations for 25 people at full day prices

we need to know exactly how many people will go for SURE %100

either way, kevin will need deposit money
so ... kevin will work out who needs to paypal him cash

That's a two way street - if they want up-front money, they should commit on the arrangements. Whether we pay up front or not has no impact on the number of fields available or the number of players. What do they propose?

spacedtedybear
03-17-2004, 10:06 PM
Hey Azn, if I can get time off, I'd be happy to give you and maybe one other a ride. Consider all other options first. Mainly because;
1. I drive an 2 dr Integra ( not very roomy and even less cargo space)
2. It's still a ways away till April and my schedual gets pretty hectic
3. I am coaching track at the school, and a lot of the invitationals are on Saturdays
4. I have to study, study, and study more. I may also have some projects in my Physics class that will need my attention.

Anyways, I'll do my best to make it out to this one. Even if I have to bring my homework with me.

MuGsy
03-17-2004, 10:36 PM
POST UPDATE 3/17/03

Alrite I just got interesting news about SCP head office. Like the previous post made by xXhappyAznXx "SCP" expects 25 or more # of participants and down payment. This time I actually heard we will get are own field. I have no clue what "SCP" is intending now it confuses me??? I believe their biggest concern is just money nothing more.

Z-man
03-17-2004, 10:44 PM
OK then we need a decesion. In terms of location I think SCP is the better of the 2 for most of us. I know for me it's only a 1 1/2 hour drive vs some 5+ hour one to VT.

Still if VT will cater to us and SCP is going to be a little punk who needs a nice tall glass.... I would be willing to snub them.

So I suggest that whoever calls them up (Ill do this if I have to) get a name and eaxtly what SCP will offer us. Better yet get it FAXED to you so you have evidence of it.

If SCP will play ball, I say we go there. If not slap them RIGHT in the face (like the ninjas do!)

LittlePaintballBoy
03-17-2004, 10:50 PM
OOH OOH!!!! I can slap! I AM a ninja!!! Really! Zak, if it is the case that we play at VT I am sure my Mom wouldn't mind having you and Carbon over again:)

Steelrat
03-17-2004, 11:02 PM
SCP can kiss my butt if they want a deposit. If we are concerned about travel time or waivers, lets just go to extreme again. Their treatment of us was superb. I'd love to do VT, but if it wont work this time I dont want to force the issue.

LittlePaintballBoy
03-17-2004, 11:04 PM
Amen.:p

Eatem Alive
03-17-2004, 11:11 PM
i can get waivers for v.t. and fax them to whoever needs them. the only stipulation is that the minor will have to get it notorized with their parents signature and bring it with them. that is the only way without the legal guardian going and signing the waiver on site. i'll go to either place, extreme was great and they were good to us, and i know v.t. will get us what we need.

edit: of course i'll still go to scp also.

hAppy
03-17-2004, 11:34 PM
hey spaceteddybear, john/jon, thanks for the offer! appreciate it

and lets see how scp will work for us first before we start deciding where to go

scp IS in central ca, so it would be quite more convenient for the majority, so kevin should try harder to make this happen ;)

ZAust
03-18-2004, 12:32 AM
right now, im leaning heavily toward extreme. the first ao day we had there was, to put it simply, superb. they have ample field room to field an extra 25 guys, even to give us a couple fields to ourselves.

Steelrat
03-18-2004, 12:33 AM
Yeah, but wouldnt it be fun to mix it up with the rec guys for a game or two? When I played at VT on tuesday, it was a tough crowd, and I had to work my butt off for every elimination. With the rec crowd, I can "mow the muppets." Its a good ego booster :D

Eatem Alive
03-18-2004, 12:38 AM
that excal was "mowing" pretty good on sunday. that was a nice bunker move in that one game where it was 3 on you, i believe. you should have jumped in some of our practices against chim and his boys. i have a nice collection of welts.:D

ZAust
03-18-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Steelrat
When I played at VT on tuesday, it was a tough crowd, and I had to work my butt off for every elimination. With the rec crowd, I can "mow the muppets." Its a good ego booster :D

oh yeah, eric and i had a big helping of that saturday at scp. it was weird. we were easily the best players in intermediate, but we were getting our butts handed to us in advanced.

LittlePaintballBoy
03-18-2004, 12:44 AM
We could play with the walk ons for sure:) That wouldn't be a problem at all.:)

Steelrat
03-18-2004, 12:45 AM
So Corey (sp?), Im looking for an objective opinion here. I'm a speed junky when it comes to markers. Now, when I am shooting, I cant really determine how fast I am shooting. Was it like a "not bad" "wow, pretty fast" or "holy crap!" Im going to keep trying the excal, but time is running out to choose between it and a viking.

Eatem Alive
03-18-2004, 12:55 AM
no "e". it was pretty fast. it may have been a "WOW!" on any other day but the guys we had out there practicing and the guns they were shooting were freakin' rippin'like no other. yours was definately going though, i think it stood out in the rec crowd. that "tri-color" x was nice too.;)

Carbon
03-18-2004, 12:59 AM
Well we have close to a month to decide. Currently i feel SCP is a relatively fair drive for most of us. If they want us to pony up, i guess can do that. But time will tell.

hAppy
03-18-2004, 01:19 AM
alright i will have you guys paypal mugsy, i hope... that he doesnt screw up... :o

unless you guys want to put this burden on someone more fit for the job...

to play at scp w/ reservations procedures
1. 25 people paypal money to person A who will take role
2. person A paypals money to a runner who will go to SCP
3. runner gives status of our private game

if that sounds good, than i guess someone go ahead and raise your hand and take the job of collecting money!

Steelrat
03-18-2004, 01:23 AM
We dont have anywhere near 25 right now.

Mighty Mike
03-18-2004, 03:35 AM
I only see one Ninja Turtle on the list. Where's the other three :eek: :confused:

I should see Ken (the owner/manager of SCP) at Huntington Beach this weekend. I'll try to get more information from him in regards to deposit and how exactly will they cater to us.

Z-man
03-18-2004, 03:36 AM
what the heck are you doing up at 12:35 am Mike? ;) (You should me sleeping like me and everyone else!)

Mighty Mike
03-18-2004, 03:39 AM
lol...well, I wanted to show you guys my new grips, but I can't upload it!! :mad:

Mighty Mike
03-18-2004, 03:43 AM
Ok...got it. What do you think? :) http://server6.uploadit.org/files/Tanque-Skull.JPG

Z-man
03-18-2004, 03:45 AM
In the words of the governor, "I AM A MACHINE!!!!"

Nice addition. I think I have some that were made for my SFL... did you hear anything about that Ryan ;) (j/k)

ghideon
03-18-2004, 06:31 AM
Sucks that SCP is being a bit anal bout this, but if they don't our business, they can bite us.

But it's not like we're lacking choices. Nice thing about this area is there are half a dozen fields within an hour and half (at least where I'm at). Just need to pick one and go with it (Extreme's a good field, just wish it wasn't so damned hot there).

hAppy
03-18-2004, 10:24 AM
OMG DO YOU OWN THAT TIMMY?!?!?!?!?! :eek:

how far is extreme from sj?
as long as its in scp, i have... mugsy, O_o, drkfishy, a chinese guy, possible drkazndragon, that should be 6 guys right there

we have a list of AOers and AIR people so that should hit 25

mighty mike- tell us what ken says, if he stands firm at NO, than... we'll start collecting money... :(

padiwack
03-18-2004, 12:35 PM
i was gone on a 4 day snowboarding trip, so it seems a few plans have changed? is it gona be at scp, vt or extreme? if someone needs a ride close to brentwood, antioch or pittsburg i can give them one. got room for 2 more in my truck unless any of my friends are coming. if i get my guns back, then im gona use my RT, and i'll let my friend use my minimag. the paypal payment isnt a good idea in my opinion..i dont think everyone is reliable enough, there will be people who dont pay and such. where is VT anyways?

hAppy
03-18-2004, 09:46 PM
how does extreme sound for everyone?

O_o, mugsy, and I still will need rides to extreme, it is 1 and a half hours from san jose

O_o
03-18-2004, 09:47 PM
Extreme looks good. A little more convinient than VT but VT looks might fine. Plus the owners wants us to play, so it's gotta be good. I'll go for either one, SCP seems to be kinda hard to reason with about this. Just rides . .. . . gah ! Why don't we have parents that support us playing paintball :mad:

Eatem Alive
03-18-2004, 10:20 PM
if it's vt, let me know so i can the waivers going. just pm me with a fax number and an attention name.

padiwack
03-19-2004, 01:04 AM
where is VT located? i'd rather avoid taking a 5 hour drive if its possible

LittlePaintballBoy
03-19-2004, 01:09 AM
It is in Galt

sps16
03-19-2004, 01:55 AM
mugsy you can put meh on the list, i'll try to make it out

spacedtedybear
03-20-2004, 03:34 AM
I know this is kinda off-topic, but; "Happy B-day Conner!" Pretty soon, you won't be a LittlePaintballBoy no more.:p

cabldawg
03-20-2004, 10:04 AM
Hey guys, I'm in I just need to know where it's gonna be and could ya give me a link to a map. I may have a couple of newbies with me. I'll have the sydarm with me, so remind me to break it out for those who would like to shoot it.

hAppy
03-20-2004, 12:13 PM
alright everyone just say which field!

extreme paintball

or valley thunder

VOTE AWAY!!!!!!

cabldawg
03-20-2004, 03:00 PM
well I just checked the date for this game and I will be in Tx playing

padiwack
03-20-2004, 04:13 PM
i vote extreme, 40 min drive :)

shadowfalcon78
03-20-2004, 06:17 PM
how does extreme sound for everyone?

O_o, mugsy, and I still will need rides to extreme, it is 1 and a half hours from san jose

im gonna need a ride also. can't forget me.

LittlePaintballBoy
03-20-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by spacedtedybear
I know this is kinda off-topic, but; "Happy B-day Conner!" Pretty soon, you won't be a LittlePaintballBoy no more.:p

Thanks John, you too!:D

Extreme.

hAppy
03-20-2004, 08:11 PM
extreme is in favor so far

Blennidae
03-20-2004, 10:40 PM
This plan for a change of venue is also being communicated with the guys at AIR also, correct? Don't leave them out of any decisions, it wouldn't be fair.

03-21-2004, 02:12 AM
Well if you can be around Mountain View area (downtown mountain view train station preferably) then you can hop in my car...

enough for 3 more ppl with gear.

2 things though -
1. bring change clothes. I don't want my car to be dirty
2. bring your own food and drink...

Steelrat
03-21-2004, 02:18 AM
Extreme is fine, but we REALLY need to try VT for the next actual AO day.

Eatem Alive
03-21-2004, 02:24 AM
this should be really fun this time...we won't have to swim through the snake.

toolfan62
03-21-2004, 02:49 AM
i think ill go to this one dad:D

Carbon
03-21-2004, 03:33 AM
well Zack, another road trip?

spacedtedybear
03-21-2004, 05:14 PM
Hey, has anyone ever had dealings with "cocker dog" on PBnation? There is an he/she's selling an Emag at a pretty good price, and I just would like to know if anyone ever had any dealings with that person before I go through with this.

And to stay on topic, I'll go with either field. Of course if Extreme is closer, it's probably preferable.

hAppy
03-21-2004, 09:28 PM
exactly how far IS extreme?

i wouldnt trust anyone who has under 200 posts, and trade posts dont really count, check his rep on the forums, see if he makes any good posts. you really cant be screwed over if you use paypal or a MO from USPS ;)

o wanna give me and probably 1 more guy a ride to AO day mr spaceteddybear?

you coach piedmont's track team correct?

spacedtedybear
03-21-2004, 10:56 PM
Well, when I get the time off, (I'll ask on Monday) be sure to call shotgun first. I have an exam later that week too. Oh well, looks like I'm gonna bring my books with me.

I coach the triple and long jump on tuesdays and thursdays. So if you have time, come on out afterschool and we can talk for a few minutes.

hAppy
03-22-2004, 12:18 AM
will be glad to come out
my friend's mom picks us up at random times on random days with no certain pattern, so we'll come out whenever we get a chance

we might have rides, but its no sure thing

Aegis
03-22-2004, 12:33 AM
Hiya Guys - LPB and I played extreme today. From what I saw, we could have had our pick of the hyperball fields almost all day. There were a lot of 5 man teams practicing on airball, but the vast majority of the crowd played beginner and stuck to the rec field. You could have shot a cannon through the speedball fields all day.

The fun part today was standing around to play pick-up airball games against sponsored teams. Lots of action.

awesomePballer11
03-22-2004, 12:33 AM
ive been gone for a while and im lost so where exzactly are we going extreme or VT

hAppy
03-22-2004, 01:15 AM
so far basically everyone voted extreme

padiwack
03-22-2004, 02:29 AM
sounds like AO favors Extreme...what about AIR?

hAppy
03-22-2004, 10:20 AM
come on kevin you gotta tell people theres a new thread

new AO vs AIR thread (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130472)

hopefully kevin did tell AIR bout the changes