PDA

View Full Version : How often should I replace my bolt spring?

2UnREal
09-22-2001, 09:54 PM
I searched around and couldn't find a post that asked this so I am going to ask it now. I would like to know how often I should replace my bolt spring. Last time I went pballing the spring was compressed so I needed a new one and the guy at the field charged me a lot. Any idea as to how many shots before I should replace it?
Thanks!

plaser
09-22-2001, 10:00 PM
I usually restretch it by pulling it,just enough.
I've noticed that 32 degrees spring are pretty crappy at
retaining it's length,so I now stick with AGD stuff.

2UnREal
09-22-2001, 10:05 PM
No, mine is a stock spring. So I can just restretch it?

Army
09-22-2001, 10:16 PM
Is the spring, when it is on the bolt, shorter or lower than the nose of the bolt? If not, there is nothing wrong with it. If it is, stretching will do nothing. Get another from AGD or your local shop.

Remember, only the factory AGD spring is made to AutomaG specifications.:cool:

PyRo
09-23-2001, 06:58 AM
32 degrees kits give you less stuff, and it is lower quality. Stick with the AGD.
You will want to replace your bolt spring, when it becomes shorter than your bolt. Streching it, will only make it worse.

krafty
09-23-2001, 07:37 AM
The newer springs in the AGD parts kits (they're kinda gold in color) seem to last longer than the older (black) ones they used to use. I'd have to change those out about once/season, but I've had a gold one in with no visable compression for over a year now.

As long as the spring extends beyond the nose of the bolt, you should be OK.

PyRo
09-23-2001, 07:45 AM
The gold ones are just coated with something, I forget what, to keep them from rusting. I guess it is possible that this makes it a little stronger, and exends the bolt life :)