PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else hear this rumor?

FactsOfLife
03-02-2004, 04:02 PM
Cheney may be out as Bush's runningmate and the candidate for the replacement is none other than Rudy Guliani....

:eek:

Thordic
03-02-2004, 04:12 PM
Lots of rumors flying around about Cheney getting the boot, I don't know if Giuliani wants to be VP though.

If Giuliani is on-board for VP though, Bush definitely gets my vote.

mcveighr
03-02-2004, 04:15 PM
Guiliani doesn't seem like the type that would be happy with being VP.

But I'm one of those "Anybody but Bush" guys, so what do I know.

Sir_Brass
03-02-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by FactsOfLife
Cheney may be out as Bush's runningmate and the candidate for the replacement is none other than Rudy Guliani....

:eek:

That would be pretty cool, I think. Bush is getting my vote, though, no matter WHO his running mate will be.

spazzed
03-02-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Sir_Brass

That would be pretty cool, I think. Bush is getting my vote, though, no matter WHO his running mate will be.

Agreed, but I still think Guliani would be a much better VP.

Barfly
03-02-2004, 05:02 PM
I bet you wouldn't vote for bush if Al Gore was his running mate :p

FactsOfLife
03-02-2004, 05:42 PM
Think about the effects of a Bush/Guliani ticket.

Both of them are highly regarded by the majority of people in this country.

Both of them, and especially Guliani, get the 9-11 vote.

Guliani brings the NY vote to Bush.

After the next term, Shrillary is an almost certain candidate for the left, and Guliani would mop the floor with her.

So many pluses for this ticket.

logamus
03-02-2004, 05:51 PM
i think the issue bush and the gop have to grapple with is 08. generally speaking the vp from a two term pres is the logical choice for the next man (see al gore, bush I). however, i dont think anyone believes that cheney is a likely president. so what to do in the gop. on the one hand you dont want to tick off cheney and his supporters (both voters and in the current government) but you need to prep yourself for 08. rudy would be a nice choice, but remember, he did give up on his senate bid whos to say he is ready for vp (and the top job too). i dont think bush will drop cheney, but the gop does need to start looking at the next election.

Thordic
03-02-2004, 06:09 PM
Guiliani gave up the Senate bid because he was going through treatment for prostate cancer. It wasn't like he was just like "Oh, I think I don't want to do this politics thing anymore".

Albinonewt
03-02-2004, 06:55 PM
I hadn't heard that. I still want Bush to pick Condie Rice as his running mate and she's got my vote for 08'/

But Guiliani is an intersting choice. The problem with him for president is that he has no federal level experience. Being VP for a term should would fix that.

ANd Bush needs to smarten up about his running mate. Assuming he's re-elected in November he needs to think more long term. The RNC does not want a democrat to be president in 08', especially considering the life and death nature of the war on terror and how different the democrats say they'll prosecute that war. Bush needs to start thinking beyong the four next years and make sure that the war on terror he's presided over is continued in the way it has been fought up till this point.

1stdeadeye
03-02-2004, 07:09 PM
I heard this one a while back. But Bush came out last week and publicly stood behind Cheney.

So he is in unless they use the "health" excuse.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
03-02-2004, 07:20 PM
I haven't seen Cheney in the news at all.

p8ntball1016
03-02-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
I haven't seen Cheney in the news at all. maybe hes in an 'undisclosed location' as usual.:)

spyder_strypes
03-02-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
I haven't seen Cheney in the news at all. Do you watch/listen to the news? He just had an hour long interview with Wolf Blitzer today...

Cheney basically ran/is running the white house. I don't know how one could think that he wouldn't be running with Bush again...

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
03-02-2004, 07:58 PM
i read the newspaper just about everyday, and TIME whenever it comes out.

And I have not scene him, probably due to the primaries, but whatevs.

And I dont watch a whole lot of tv and when i do it isn't news, so I didn't see this interview you are speaking of.

redzone
03-02-2004, 08:36 PM

Both of them are highly regarded by the majority of people in this country.

yes there are many idiots in this country. i would like to see bush out and edwards in but i dont think edwards will beat kerry though so i will have to support kerry.

p8ntball1016
03-02-2004, 08:52 PM
Edwards is out anyways.

FactsOfLife
03-03-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by redzone

yes there are many idiots in this country.

yes, we call them liberals. but I've been warned to not call them that here.

Restola
03-03-2004, 01:20 AM
I see Big-Spender/Liberal-republicrat.

But then Bush probably didn't have my vote anyways.

impostal22
03-03-2004, 01:39 AM
lol that's one way to win the state of NY...

Albinonewt
03-03-2004, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by redzone
yes there are many idiots in this country. i would like to see bush out and edwards in but i dont think edwards will beat kerry though so i will have to support kerry.

Kerry is such a dead man its awesome.

2 months ago the democrats were calling him names and making fun of him, and now he's their last great hope. Its so funny.

PyRo
03-03-2004, 10:29 AM
I'm going to be Bush's runningmate, i'm going to post 500 times on every message board saying to vote for us :)