PDA

View Full Version : AGDs new marker preorders please?

Lohman446
03-02-2004, 04:08 PM
Ok.. I have whined about the demise of the e-mag, now let me say this.

TK if the cost of the new is under $1600 I want on the preorder list, I have faith it will be the world class flagship marker you have developed in the past

Edited, after some replies:
Let me say first, thank you for not flaming this, and no, I'm not kidding. I know nothing about the new marker aside from what is available on these forums, no inside information, no idea on what it looks like.

A) I don't care on looks.
B) I really dont care on weight within reason.
C) I do care on function - am I blindly following, yes. But understand this, I cannot be the best at everything, I would like to think, running on auto repair shop, I am the best, need it done, I will do it better than anyone else, or at least competetively. I do not have the knowledge, the patience, or the facilities to make a world class paintball marker. TK does. I trust TK to make a world class paintball marker, if he says it is good, I want one.
D) The number above, is the number I am willing to pay for this, I chose it not because I cannot afford more, but it is the max I can justify. It is the amount that is easily set aside by next year, when we are expectign release
E) If there are problems in the early ones, I trust TK to fix them and take care of the customers, I have seen this in the ULE body error and the Superbolt. I am comfortable trusting TK and AGD.
F) Want a deposit to confirm my seriousness - contact me

rkjunior303
03-02-2004, 04:13 PM
holy jump the gun, batman

TheTramp
03-02-2004, 04:14 PM
You're kidding, right?

FreakBaller12
03-02-2004, 04:24 PM
let me enlgihten you

AGD cant put out a makrer until the dust settles. They cant make a prototype for awhile either b/c that would violate the SP patent
AGD said maybe they are not def. making this marker so callm down.

have a nice day:)

Quickling
03-02-2004, 04:27 PM
but you can kinda see his point a little... with a long wait on the X-mags... if he would have been first in line he would have been happily shooting his new marker while everyone else is starting to get on the waiting list.

But still... before it even goes into R&D is a bit too early.;)

Bulldog
03-02-2004, 04:32 PM
My guess, and it's just a guess, is that AGD has learned from the whole Xmag pre-order list fiasco, and may take steps to avoid that again. I could be wrong tho.

rkjunior303
03-02-2004, 04:46 PM
remember most of the problems was the timeframe it took to get the body machined from AGDE.... If this is done, and i stress IF, in house.. That should eliminate that.

Jack & Coke
03-02-2004, 05:02 PM
I'll take two! ;)

ClassicMagger
03-02-2004, 05:11 PM
Hey:

If they are under 2k. Put me down for 3. NO I am not trying to out do Jack or Lohman446. But I agree. I am standing and WAITING. Though I may complain. I will wait becasue me complaining won't help the situation only waste people's time. AGD let me know when you are ready for my cash. It is waiting on your go.

Thanks,

ClassicMagger

Phobos
03-02-2004, 05:18 PM
On the subject of AGD's next mag. What are some things that you would want to see in the new Ubermag. You know intergrated lighter smarter warp feed
How about a fully mech marker that can pummel a shocker or timmy. AGD is probbly brian storming and writing on cocktail napkins right now.

personman
03-02-2004, 07:16 PM
Yeesh. They arent coming out for ATLEAST another year. I'm willing to bet even more.. 2 years max I would say. Preorders? I wouldnt do that, especially with all this smart parts crap. What if smart parts never gets their arses kicked like they should? Then the gun cant be introduced into the market..

Lohman446
03-02-2004, 07:21 PM
I expect that TK has already seen the light at the end of the tunnel in regards to SP, one way or another.

AGD
03-02-2004, 07:47 PM
Lohman446 you are the MAN!! If more players had your sensibilities I could rule the world! In the future if something comes out from us that you like:), send me a copy of that post signed and I will take care of you.

From my perspective what Lohman just said to me was "Tom I will take the marker you would design for YOU" Go search my previous posts for the answer to that riddle.

AGD

trev_pbller
03-02-2004, 07:57 PM
Almighty god has spoken ;)

spantol
03-02-2004, 07:58 PM
So was that a yes or no on the preorders?

:)

Lohman446
03-02-2004, 07:58 PM
I know the answer to that riddle, LOL and I didn't even search, though the technicalities were beyond me even with a base understanding I saw it as revolutionary.

ERut
03-02-2004, 08:10 PM
Something tells me that if AGD comes out with a new marker, it won't be a mag.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
03-02-2004, 08:20 PM
So now the question we must ask ourselves is Tom going to make the gun he would want to shoot, or which the masses would want to shoot (ie hype).

My guess is something in between. Because the R&D on his gun seems like it would be a bit pricey to do in one step.

bleachit
03-02-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by AGD
Lohman446 you are the MAN!! If more players had your sensibilities I could rule the world! In the future if something comes out from us that you like:), send me a copy of that post signed and I will take care of you.

From my perspective what Lohman just said to me was "Tom I will take the marker you would design for YOU" Go search my previous posts for the answer to that riddle.
AGD

Originally posted by AGD

If someone told me to make a gun for me I would make a millisecond reacting valve system that could take 4500 psi directly into the chamber to recharge.

If I had to make a gun for all of you I would make an electro pneumatic with a really nice body.

AGD

and this post
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1291318#post1291318

is this what you were just referring to?

nuclear zombie
03-02-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by ERut
Something tells me that if AGD comes out with a new marker, it won't be a mag.

I could live with something different , but please keep it a single tube, not another stack tubed marker. TK : If you need any ideas I have plenty of concepts drawn out , I've been trying to design a single tube marker for about 2 years and have some good original ideas you might be able to work with. JustPM me if you are interested .

oh yeah if it is less than $2000 put me on the list as well , and yes i am willing to send money or Credit Card number now to reserve my place in line..:D

ERut
03-02-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by bleachit

Originally posted by AGD

If someone told me to make a gun for me I would make a millisecond reacting valve system that could take 4500 psi directly into the chamber to recharge.

If I had to make a gun for all of you I would make an electro pneumatic with a really nice body.

AGD

I thought of that too... but which one will it be?

Carbon
03-02-2004, 08:32 PM
In all honesty it will be a mag based operation. If anything its gonna be a revamped emag, with alot of features people are whining about. furthermore...

AGD cant put out a makrer until the dust settles. They cant make a prototype for awhile either b/c that would violate the SP patent
AGD said maybe they are not def. making this marker so callm down.

AGD cant SELL an E-marker. but they can legally research and develop prototypes.

bleachit
03-02-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by ERut

I thought of that too... but which one will it be?

if you read the post from the link I posted, I want that gun. if the 4500 psi into the dump chamber would be the same one, that would kick. Meh, AGD is giving me reasons to get outta debt.

Jonesie
03-02-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by AGD
"Tom I will take the marker you would design for YOU"
AGD

Who wouldn't want the gun that Tom wants? You kow it would be far and away the most technologically advanced gun available. I want on the list...

/me steps in line.

GT
03-02-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by AGD
"Tom I will take the marker you would design for YOU"

;) put that 'ish in my right hand..... I will show you WHO rules!

I think I am going to break down an order an X until then..... :D

riooso
03-02-2004, 09:48 PM
Cash on the barrel head! If I would travel to Europe to get an LX mag I am good for the pre-order. I want one. Put me on the list. I will forward the credit card number right now! I am saddened and po'ed about this after having an X mag in my hands for over a year. I love my mag and I know that Tom will output a quality marker with the same quality.

R Adams

Eatem Alive
03-02-2004, 10:31 PM
i will shoot whatever tom makes. i've been shooting a mag since 1990...it was quality then and it's even better quality now. it's only gotten better and i trust, will continue to do so.

DWill
03-02-2004, 10:39 PM
hell if I had $1,600 to blow on a paintball gun (which I don't) I would be on that list in a heartbeat....man it sucks being a poor 17 year old :(

Big_Chops
03-02-2004, 11:06 PM
hmmm. a gun that tom would want:confused: w/e it is im down for it. the guy is pure genious.if he can think of anything else better than a mag...I AM IN.(puts 100$ away already:D)until then i am going to go sell my bike so i can buy a rtp ule:D

Kasper
03-02-2004, 11:26 PM
Are you guys CRAZY? You'd buy a product that you haven't even seen nor tested? You don't even know what it'll look like, much less cost... that's just madness!

... oh, wait. Tom Kaye's designing it? Can you put me down for 3 please...

Da1spaz247
03-02-2004, 11:38 PM
Are you guys CRAZY? You'd buy a product that you haven't even seen nor tested? You don't even know what it'll look like, much less cost... that's just madness!

... oh, wait. Tom Kaye's designing it? Can you put me down for 3 please...

^^^^You are hilarious, I agree 110%

I totally am with Lohman446 on this one. I love EVERY one of Tom's creations, and I am nothing but excited to see what he thinks up next. You know there is something awesome on its way, but we will just have to wait and hope that it comes sooner than scheduled! Until then, I will continue playing happily with my warp ule'd ReTro mag. And... put me down for 2 of the new ones!! Thanks.

Wes Janson
03-03-2004, 01:07 AM
We may be lemmings, but we're SMART lemmings, and I have faith in Tom! I say, if he really wants to go all-out and make a gun that can out-do anything so far by miles, I'd probably want one. And I have no doubt that The Kaye can do it too, if he decides to do so. Screw the bodies, make us something really good! :D :D :D

ALL HAIL KAYE!!! ALL HAIL KAYE!!!

Bonus points to whoever gets the reference, which I've been saving for some time now.

edweird
03-03-2004, 01:33 AM
Mooo!

yeah I agree... we may be cultish and/or like a herd of loyal sheep. But atleast we pick our winners instead of blindly following the one that was dropped in our hands from day one. AGD is the pony we all picked and support and well I for one am sticking to my guns. Be it explaining why the E and X lines were discontinued and giving some hope to the confused... or just randomly going to Ao meets and doing the zoidberg dance for laughs, im sold on the resolve and ingenuity of Tk's company and well color me eager to see what comes outta the R&D in the next year.

Lethargic
03-03-2004, 02:35 AM
If we're really going to do a pre-order for this, sign me up too. TK and his guns have taken care of me for over 2 years now, and I have every faith that they will do so in the future.

When(If) this coming marker is out in 1-2 years, I would be more than willing to buy whatever Tom makes. Performance and quality are the only things I care about, and as far as I am concerned AGD is the only company that delivers. I am willing to blindly throw my money in, because I trust in the minds at AGD.

bryceeden
03-03-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by AGD

AGD

If you are going to build that marker I'll take five, it sounded amazing.

Jack & Coke
03-03-2004, 09:23 AM
Five?!

...do I hear six? :D

cphilip
03-03-2004, 09:37 AM
If it would make any of you feel better then you can send me $1000 each and I will hold it in a CD as deposit on one for you.... :D

MicroMiniMe
03-03-2004, 09:47 AM
Do we get candy then? Or basic interest?

Or just the peace of mind ole Unka Phil is using it to start up his 'shine distillery?
;)

Jack & Coke
03-03-2004, 09:48 AM
Wouldn't $1,000 be too thick for a CD (case)?:confused:

(j/k;) )

cphilip
03-03-2004, 09:54 AM
No I get the Interest for all the trouble I will have just worrying about your money and when these things will be available... see? ;)

cphilip
03-03-2004, 10:09 AM
Oh I forgot...

As part of this preorder service I will email each idiot... um... I mean... customer.... a new and more ludicrous hype claim each month. Keeping your mouth watering and expectations high. If I do not have anything new on them I will just make something up. Something really exciting and fabulous... wait... I just said Fabulous? Thats kinda Gay isn't it? OK well... anyway... these will be secrets that you cannot tell anyone else. They will first start out with the much rumored built in crotch scratcher....yes no more having to take you hands off your chilli dogs! And you can go ahead and order two cause your not gonna need either hand for that ever so embarrassing and untimely male "issue".

Yes there will be Male and Female editions. But I not going to tell you the features of the Female ones. You will have to preorder Ladies!

Thats just an example. Sign up now for many more!

:D

hitech
03-03-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by AGD
From my perspective what Lohman just said to me was "Tom I will take the marker you would design for YOU".

So, did he change your mind? Are you going to build it? Even my cheap ... might buy one. ;)

Smoke
03-03-2004, 11:14 AM
If there is indeed going to be a preorder list anytime soon, put me down. That way I can start putting money away for when it does come out (1 to 2 years).

Chronobreak
03-03-2004, 11:18 AM
allow me to say that if it wasnt for tom we including sp would still be running co2 and electros like the shcoker wouldnt be where they are today and yes ill take 2 of the new markers just let me know when there out im assuming its the superfast valve one im apparently the only one that hasnt swapped my triiger for a ult

Indi86
03-03-2004, 12:16 PM
Hahaha it sounds like AGD is ready to go public. I can see it now, AGD on NASDAQ... if people are willing to put down 1600 bucks on a marker that hasn't been developed yet, I say go with it. Collect the money, use it towards R&D, and then market shares in the new gun. This isn't a bad idea. You'll get more people if you put it out faster too, so it's a win-win.

Eric Cartman
03-03-2004, 01:14 PM
I'm in! I want the first one in Canada!

chairman_mao
03-03-2004, 01:54 PM
You can count me in on that preorder list too. I'll make it a point to get the cash when the time comes

Tobe2be
03-03-2004, 02:05 PM
as long as i can get one anoed the same as my SEAO xmag i want in. if not i still want in. doesnt hurt to try to get the ano replicated.

AutomagRT1483
03-03-2004, 06:40 PM
Pre-order....put me down for two!:D