PDA

View Full Version : my car was broken into today

mikey101
03-02-2004, 05:29 PM
this really sucks..just got my new deck and speakers in a month ago. well today at school while everyone was in session and the "security" guards weren't around, someone broke into my car stealing my deck, all 4 speakers (2 6" alpines and 2 6X9" alpines) as well as about 100 CD's. i just can't believe there's kids at my school who have the nerve to pull this..:mad:

working with the police right now, they have some good finger prints that they took, and there's some heavy suspicion going around. just gotta wait.

sorry, had to vent.

i like tictacs
03-02-2004, 05:30 PM
Not to be a prick or anything but this is another reason why I think car audio is a HUGE waste of money.

Barfly
03-02-2004, 05:36 PM
yeah that sucks man. Some people tried to steal the subs out of my car, but were not successful because there is a small hole that all of the wires run through to get to the trunk and they couldn't figure out how to open the trunk. They ended up just reefed all of the extra wire into the cab of my car.

Ultimator
03-02-2004, 05:48 PM
Car Alarms = cool

phantomhitman
03-02-2004, 05:56 PM
sorry to hear that man. regardless of what opinions are, stealing is never right. :mad:

snoogans
03-02-2004, 06:12 PM
just hope the cops get them...and if you end up knowing these kids, give them a little treatment the cops aren't allowed too :) or if ur weak u could pay someone ;) :P

mikey101
03-02-2004, 06:20 PM
if these kids are from my school..they've got quite a bit coming to them. there were 4 other cars that were broken into today as well..so there are plenty of pissed off people after them;)

what's starting to make me even more mad is that every kid (junior/senior) that parks at the school has to pay $100. what i don't understand is our parking lot is a piece of crap, there is no maintance, and i've just found out there's also not much security. what the hell am i paying them $100 for?

Echo419
03-02-2004, 06:26 PM
Because the education system is bogus... get this, its a law that states must provide FREE schools.

But still my school requires you pay for: an agenda for homework, a locker, some fieldtrips.

That doesnt make anysence to me either, if its like my school there really poor and will do anything to get money

Cha0tic
03-02-2004, 06:54 PM
thats why i use non flashy decks, and bolt my sub boxes to the floor. car alarms are useful as well.

i recommend eclipse and nakamichi decks. they dont look flashy and therefore dont appeal to the thiefs as much.

Mango
03-02-2004, 07:23 PM
How did they have the time to unscrew all 4 speakers?!

snoogans
03-02-2004, 07:47 PM
mango-
he's not the one that got stuf stolen, mike101 did :)

WicKeD_WaYz
03-02-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by snoogans
mango-
he's not the one that got stuf stolen, mike101 did :)

regardless of who hes talking too, you still have to unscrew speakers and sometimes do more than that like move door panels and what not to get them out.

PyRo
03-02-2004, 09:01 PM
That or use a large bar. I don't think a theif cares too much how much they screw up your car.
Just take a day off tommorrow, and sit around in some bushs watching the parking lot, when someone breaks into a car shoot them or somthing. :)

f3rr3+
03-02-2004, 09:05 PM
people who steal are such sphincters... :mad:

Morally0Confused
03-02-2004, 09:10 PM
im guessing its someone you know
and someone that knows that you just got new stuff!

did the speakers look after market did they have grill covers?

Miscue
03-02-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by PyRo
That or use a large bar. I don't think a theif cares too much how much they screw up your car.
Just take a day off tommorrow, and sit around in some bushs watching the parking lot, when someone breaks into a car shoot them or somthing. :)

Yes, they will destroy your car to get a $100 radio... with repairs costing way more than the radio. A quick way to get a deck out, is to smash the dash apart... it is often how it is done.

The deductable on insurance does not make it worthwhile to make use of it. You're basically hosed.

I agree with the others, it sounds like it may be someone you know.

Morally0Confused
03-02-2004, 10:36 PM
come on ive seen hoods and front bumpers ripped apart of acuras just to get the headlights
amazing what a scumbag and a crowbar can do

WicKeD_WaYz
03-02-2004, 10:42 PM
If you rip off the speakers without unscrewing them, you will be left with broken plastic edges that wont screw into a new car, defeating the purpose of stealing them in the first place.

Morally0Confused
03-02-2004, 10:42 PM
they used to make this car alarm that filled the inside of your car with smoke
good idea bad guy cant see anything to take it

someone with alot of money put in there car also in car audio magz decieds to replace the smoke cartridges with tear gas ones
someone broke in got a really nasty spray of tear gas

end of story
owner of car was arrested
(dont know how his trial went but there was an artical in a car audi mag before he went to trail saying he could get up to 8 years in jail and 100,000 in fines plus paying the guys hospital bills)

WicKeD_WaYz
03-02-2004, 10:44 PM
^^^^ dumbest thing ive ever read, if the owner got arrested.

you should have the right to do whatever you want to someone who breaks into your car.

mikey101
03-02-2004, 11:11 PM
to get the speakers out they broke the plastic around the screw, and just ripped it out. i've heard a few names thrown around that could have done it, so i'm gonna check into them and see what's up. the deductable is way to high to get the system replaced..so i'm just gonna have to get used to the sound of wind for a while:(

looking into a car alarm, i guess i thought there weren't people low enough to do something like this..guess i was wrong. there's a mob of about 10 people ready to beat the hell out of these kids when found..i'm just hoping it was someone that goes to my school.

Restola
03-02-2004, 11:53 PM
I was thinking of upgrading the speakers and head unit in my jeep, but yeah...that would last a week.

PyRo
03-03-2004, 12:13 AM
I have the factory speakers right now, but when they get replaced they will be covered by the factory grills and look factory.
I have a $40 removable face tape deck, and I take the face with me. No one steals tape decks, especially cheap ones with no face.
Then I have a nice cd changer hidden in the back of the car. I don't discuss my stereo with anyone, and dont' leave CD's laying around my car. I leave it unlocked all the time and no problems so far.
And a decent amount of stuff gets stolen around here.

xadamx
03-03-2004, 12:14 AM
i have a blaupunkt deck and its almost completely black. all the buttons are black when its off and the only thing you can really see is the little joystick that is used to change tracks or radio stations. it looks pretty inconspicious(sp) and kind of cheap, even though it cost me like 250 bucks on sale from crutchfield. another cool thing about my jeep is you cant see the speakers, they are behind the door pannels. the stock speaker grills are kind of odd shaped and they have small holes so you cant see into them. couldnt tell if i had infinity kappas or stock just from looks. subs are pretty secure if you bolt the box to the floor and use a little lock-tite on the threads of the screws. wire creativly, it may cost more for extra wire but it may also deter theives. tinted windows and a car alarm helps too. sorry about your loss buddy.

ramenjames
03-03-2004, 01:06 AM
paintlandmine your car so when the door is opend
BLAM!

Snertz
03-03-2004, 01:17 AM
Where's lo-jack when you need it ;) :D :p

Bummer on getting your stuff stolen though :(