PDA

View Full Version : How to fight against Smart Parts, or any other corporation

Tyger
03-02-2004, 09:43 PM
So let's put aside the pitchforks and torches a moment, can we? Oh good. Let's talk sensibility here.

No matter what you do to flame Smart Parts online, they won't just go away. And why? They're making MONEY. If they continue to make MONEY by locking out all the other paintball manufacturer's top line products, they will continue to exist. Same goes for the "Renegade" line of products. They will make them as long as it is profitable to do so. When they see nobody is buying their gear, they will stop making it and search for something else to sell.

Money talks, and it's absence is deafening when they look at backstock on the shelves. So signing virtual petitions, general hate online groups and so on does not work. Not buying product DOES work. It takes time, but it does work.

Let's also face a fact here. Nobody has "liked" Smart Parts for years, and yet there's no shortage of people scrambling for Renegade stuff or Freak barrels or Shocker guns. As long as there is a profit in it, they have no reason to not continue what they do and how they do it. I'm not going to tell you to burn your Renegade Chigos, destroy your RASE packs and destroy your freak barrel. Money has already been spent, and it's a waste to throw your money away. If you want to affect S.P., don't spend more on them.

Be product aware. If you want to affect them, don't buy Smart Parts guns, mods, gear or clothing. Don't buy the "Chick" barrel socks, "Smart" grips, RASE tank covers or harnesses, SP Jerseys or pants, Impies, Shockers or "Evolution 'cockers". It's not like there's no choice, you can support dozens of other retailers and not give money, directly or indirectly, to S.P. Heck, you want mostly naked chicks on a barrel sock? *I* can get you that without the S.P. logos!

No, really, it's that simple. You want them to go away? Don't buy their stuff. Buy something else. Honestly, it's that easy. And a lot more effective than a petition or group that says "Dear Smart Parts, YOU $Uxx0rZ! -The Internet" The 'net isn't real. Money is. Don't give them your money, they change or move on. That's the basics of buisness. Supply and demand. No demand, the supply goes away.

Ok, you can go back to your torches and pitchforks...

-Tyger

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
03-02-2004, 09:46 PM
but to all those out there that want to do more, please by all means weld your freak barrels together and make something creative

hobbesTZ
03-02-2004, 09:47 PM
I don't understand why people care...

It's good buisness, Smart Parts made a damn good move. The should be applauded for their work, not threatened by naysayers and 12 year olds who only follow what a bunch of people that were too quick to judge said.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
03-02-2004, 09:49 PM
this is gonna turn into a debate just like all the other threads

hobbesTZ
03-02-2004, 09:52 PM
Wasn't that the point :confused:

He wrote all that text, it shouldn't be wasted, but copied and pasted, into a PBN thread.

Tyger
03-02-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by hobbesTZ
I don't understand why people care...

It's good buisness, Smart Parts made a damn good move. The should be applauded for their work, not threatened by naysayers and 12 year olds who only follow what a bunch of people that were too quick to judge said.

I'm not saying anything about thier buisness practices or ethics. I'm just saying that if you want to affect them, you do it int he pocketbook. NOT through internet groups and online petitions.

Edit Add : My point is that I'm trying to pu a sense of reality on all this. We can bash Smart Parts all we want online, in the 'real world' it won't matter, however. I'm just trying to put an end to mindless debates and the "sheep mentality" of "Yeah, me too!"

-Tyger

hobbesTZ
03-02-2004, 09:53 PM
shazaam!

OysterBoy
03-02-2004, 09:56 PM
It somewhat is like when Charleton Heston came to an NRA meeting just after comlumbine, and to quote Trey Parker (or was it matt stone) "Sure you've got the right, but thats just stupid". Same deal. yea, they may be legit, but thats just wrong. Its not business ethics, its moral ethics.

laxkid
03-02-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Tyger
Be product aware. If you want to affect them, don't buy Smart Parts guns, mods, gear or clothing. Don't buy the "Chick" barrel socks, "Smart" grips, RASE tank covers or harnesses, SP Jerseys or pants, Impies, Shockers or "Evolution 'cockers". It's not like there's no choice, you can support dozens of other retailers and not give money, directly or indirectly, to S.P. Heck, you want mostly naked chicks on a barrel sock? *I* can get you that without the S.P. logos!

Ok, you can go back to your torches and pitchforks...

-Tyger

actually sp only profits a little from the evo cockers evo cockers are made by belsales and sold through sp but you can buy them direct through belsales

Carbon
03-02-2004, 09:59 PM
what did smart parts do?:D

riooso
03-02-2004, 10:03 PM
Why should you care? Ill gotten gains should not be rewarded. Crooked laywers should not be allowed to twist the system to get what they want. They did not
"invent" anything. You can break their backs on this one if you get going now. The profit margins are so low for these guys that a drop in 10% will buckle their knees.

R

cphilip
03-02-2004, 10:06 PM
How many new Smart Parts I not gonna make no electro we hate you protest threads do I have to close in one day?

I mean lets keep them to the few threads we already got on these subjects.

This is getting rediculous.

I am gonna start banning people for not taking the time to look around and for assuming they are the only people with a brain enough to have an opinion and think their idea is more important than anything else already said!

Hows that for a sentence? :D

CLOSED