PDA

View Full Version : Mounting a Q-Loader on an X-Mag?

hostage
03-02-2004, 11:38 PM
Where should I put it any ideas? I am using a warped breach.
-Doron

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
03-03-2004, 12:35 AM
I would suggest figuring out a way to mount it parallel to the ground under the grip frame or something to that nature. I haven't seen on in person, but I would guess that it would cause the gun to be off balance if you mounted it under the barrel.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
03-03-2004, 12:49 AM
i suggest mounting it under the barrel, you already have the emag battery as a grip and mounting it under the grip will just make it look very odd and inconvinient. Under the barrel would give you an advantage while laying down. the downside is that it might be somewhat difficult to switch pods.

hostage
03-03-2004, 02:34 AM
I put it under the barrel, though I have an hourglass shaped barrel so it makes it look crooked.
-Doron

hostage
03-03-2004, 03:12 AM
I replaced it under the asa, it doesn't look that great, though that seems like the least of all the evils, my marker is now over 2 feet tall lol! hrmm...
-Doron

FreakBaller12
03-03-2004, 06:54 AM
have it lay parallel with the ground.
you can try and get it to stick on the bottom of the battery pack, and the side of your drop foward/ grip frame. That might work, i dont know. Good luck man.

Torbo
03-03-2004, 09:38 AM
by far the best place for it is above the tank, behind the gun. Unfortunatly, there seems to be no good way to mount it there. We rigged it there, somehow, and it looked ok, but came off in the game. So thats when we said screw it, it was free anyway, and went back to the halo.

WARPED1
03-03-2004, 03:46 PM
I'd put it in the garbage. Just my opinion...........

tony3
03-03-2004, 04:13 PM
Warp, put your computer in the garbage, now........Still haven't put it in the garbage? You make the most blind opinions ever and you usually have 0 idea of what you are talking about. You just randomly say stuff that doesn't make any sense. It seems like you have been going around trying to pick fights over the internet, and if you really are 30 can you please try to act like you are? I think I'm more mature at 15 then you are at 31....

thecavemankevin
03-03-2004, 04:30 PM
warped1=http://www.neonspeed.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/owned.gif

i think that if i were to get one of these, i would try mouting it horizontal on the battery pack. Mount it so the hose from the Q will run streight up into the warp bracket on you breach. so basically 3/4 of the Q pod would be in front of the battery (somewhat under the barrel) and then the last 1/4 would be behind the battery.

WARPED1
03-03-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by tony3
Warp, put your computer in the garbage, now........Still haven't put it in the garbage? You make the most blind opinions ever and you usually have 0 idea of what you are talking about. You just randomly say stuff that doesn't make any sense. It seems like you have been going around trying to pick fights over the internet, and if you really are 30 can you please try to act like you are? I think I'm more mature at 15 then you are at 31.... It's garbage imo because if a ball breaks inside of it, it stops feeding. It's garbage because it's spring fed so if a spring loosens, it will stop feeding. Need I go on? I have more.........
And ps, I stated it was my opinion. Opinions are supposed to be fireproof, you don't have to like it or agree to it, just read it.

angelbeast24
03-03-2004, 04:41 PM
when u have finsihed mounting it post some pics im curios to see what it looks like

WARPED1
03-03-2004, 04:44 PM
See? angelbeast24 had a good reply, because it attacks no one!

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
03-03-2004, 04:51 PM
wait, can't you mount the pod onto the tank using duct tape. you can somehow make the tape not stick to the pod but it can still hold it. (like putting cotton balls or paper on the other side of the tape so that the pod can come out easily)

hostage
03-03-2004, 05:28 PM
Warped1: though when you run out of batteries in your warp, eggo, or halo, you still screwed ;)

I'll post a pic of what I have now. It feels the most balanced and out of the way this way, though still a little wierd feeling and looking.
-Doron

hostage
03-03-2004, 05:32 PM
Note I have a 10inch barrel with a hourglass back, so it is hard to mount on the barrel. Also note the yellow teflon tape I put where I placed the qloder previous times, I didn't want to scratch up my anno or nickle plating.

EDIT: Also, I wouldn't mount it with ductape maybe getting a metal bracket and using that, though duno yet looking at making a bracket that is simular to the warp though it would mount to the qloader
-Hostage
http://www.rit.edu/~dji1133/pics/DCP_0761.JPG

WARPED1
03-03-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by hostage
Warped1: though when you run out of batteries in your warp, eggo, or halo, you still screwed ;)

I'll post a pic of what I have now. It feels the most balanced and out of the way this way, though still a little wierd feeling and looking.
-Doron True, but a dedicated player would make sure he always had fresh batteries! I always say, to each thier own. I just don't like it........

momags!
03-03-2004, 06:33 PM
Go away

WARPED1
03-03-2004, 06:44 PM
You go away. Internet forums are here for us to express our opinion. Just because mine differs from yours, don't get bichy.
Man, you AO zombies are a cult!

$tevo
03-03-2004, 06:50 PM
i love the idea of Qloaders. How much they run for?

if its possible, i think mounting it over the tank would be a great spot for it. if its under the barrel, wouldnt that just make a bigger target when u pop out and shoot

Jack & Coke
03-03-2004, 06:52 PM
Reminds me of when the eVo2 first came out... people were bashing the hell out of it before they even tried it. Just based on speculation and it's appearance.

Now the eVo2 is just as common as the Halo or Revy.

Just give it a chance... it's a radical new concept that will take time to find it's place in paintball.

No doubt they'll receive an earfull of suggestions and recommendations... maybe they'll implement your requests for the next version?

RoadDawg
03-03-2004, 07:01 PM
IMO I don't like the way it looks in the pic above. Every pic I've seen hasn't exactly tickled my fancy but I'm yet to hold one so I can't pass judgement yet. Try mounting it horizontal with the tank (I have no idea how they attach)

momags!
03-03-2004, 07:14 PM
OK....go away, please?

FooTemps
03-03-2004, 07:40 PM
Sorry but I'll have to defend Warped on this one...

It's sad how someone attacked Warped with 0 reason to besides the fact that he said "put in the garbage IMO". HE EVEN SAID IMO. Sure it was a poorly stated opinion, but it wasn't an attack on anything. Maybe it was unwanted, but it didn't call for a post like "you are stupid and make posts without knowing what you are saying and with 0 knowledge of the item. Warped proved that he knew the downsides of it and he didn't like it for that. IMO, people who are telling warped to go away or shut up need to shut up themselves. They have no true basis on attacking him.

Okay, now onto the qloader...

Take off yoru battery and mount it on the front of the marker parallel to the barrel! I think that'd look awesome. Just make a pocket for your battery in your tank cover and wire the battery to the board from there. Maybe you could put a foregrip onto the qloader pod somehow too.

hostage
03-03-2004, 07:45 PM
though this is a post on where I should mount the qloader x-mag it had nothing to do with the garbadge or what anyone thinks of it. I would prefer people taking it somwhere else.
-Doron

momags!
03-03-2004, 07:54 PM
There are two ways of stating an opinion on a matter. The right way and the preschool way. Example:

FooTemps...you're marker belongs in the trash...IMO

FooTemps...I don't care for your marker because.....

Does the "IMO" really make a difference to you? I attacked you and the equipment that you use, plain and simple. Whether Warped decided to follow up with his reasons in another post after the fact is a moot point. He's abrasive and rude. And if you've been following the majority of the threads here at AO, you'll see that many of his posts have contained the same lude, devils' advocate undertone. Opinions are great and, yes, these forums are an accepted medium to express them. But lets be adults when we decide to give them. Back them up...inform me of your side of an arguement that I didn't know or realize before. But to be honest, I've grown weary of being deemed a "cult" by those who seem to just come here to pick a fight.

Just my opinion...:rolleyes:

FooTemps
03-03-2004, 07:56 PM
wiat... but I thought we WERE a cult... the cult of kaye!!! :p

I understand what you mean though.

momags!
03-03-2004, 07:58 PM
Hostage.....I do apologize for hijacking your thread. There are alot of pics on mounting configurations here:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127085

I don't know how different the X's are structuraly from an ordinary E but these may apply to the thread.

:)

Jack & Coke
03-03-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by momags!

...Whether Warped decided to follow up with his reasons in another post after the fact is a moot point. He's abrasive and rude. And if you've been following the majority of the threads here at AO, you'll see that many of his posts have contained the same lude, devils' advocate undertone.

Opinions are great and, yes, these forums are an accepted medium to express them. But lets be adults when we decide to give them. Back them up...inform me of your side of an arguement that I didn't know or realize before. But to be honest, I've grown weary of being deemed a "cult" by those who seem to just come here to pick a fight.

Just my opinion...:rolleyes:

IMHO...

You're are correct!;)