PDA

View Full Version : Play Disney for less than Recball prices.

raehl
03-03-2004, 12:42 AM
A while back some of you may remember that I put up a thread asking opinions about tournament pricing.

So now I'm going to make good on it.

On April 17 and 18, the NCPA will be having a tournament at Disney. College and High School teams play Saturday, at $100/team and $35/case and up - that's $20 per player. Sunday we'll have Novice, Advanced, and Open divisions; Novice starts at $300/team (still $35+ for paint) and Open has $15,000 *CASH* for first.

It's all 5-man. We're paying our refs at least $150/day (more if the budget allows), and they'll all be certified, and the classifications will all be backed by the APPA system.

Because it's college and high school nationals, there will be plenty of media on site and lots of coverage. I'd like to see as many AO people come out as possible; your participation helps support the NCPA and .... well hell, it's the best pricing you'll get for a national event like this.

For those of you interested in the college or high school divisions, all you need is 5 people who go to the same school. If you're short, grab some guys who havn't played tourney ball before - it's cheap, and we make it fun.

For more information, visit www.college-paintball.com/nationals or email [email protected] or call 715-720-9131.

Thanks,
Chris

Wes Janson
03-03-2004, 12:57 AM
For those of you interested in the college or high school divisions, all you need is 5 people who go to the same school. If you're short, grab some guys who havn't played tourney ball before - it's cheap, and we make it fun.
Not really. According to the rules, if I showed up with four other friends from my school, and tried to register as a high school team, we would not only pay the $100 entry fee, but also the $100 fee for not having coverage, and the $100 fee for not having uniforms, and the $100 fee for not completing an online profile. Which suddenly makes the cost $400, or $80 per player.

And while I'm *assuming* this is in Orlando, the lack of any directions/addresses means that for all I know this event is in California.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
03-03-2004, 01:00 AM
For more information, visit www.college-paintball.com/nationals or email [email protected] or call 715-720-9131.

^hope that helps wes :)

raehl
03-03-2004, 01:02 AM
High school teams are not asked to have uniforms.

And how hard is it to fill out minimal information in an online profile, upload a photo, and get your school paper to write an article about you going to Orlando?

Answer:

Not hard at all.

We're giving you the opportunity to play at Disney World for $100, all we're asking is minimal effort on your part to help us promote the sport.

- Chris

tyrion2323
03-03-2004, 02:00 AM
Wow! I'm going to try to make it, unless I'm in Israel, of course. Uhmm, I will see about getting funding from our school to go to Florida! We can drive, if need be!

I'm so excited! Man, I hope I can go! I'd better take a diazapam before I get myself all worked up.

Jacob

Lee
03-03-2004, 06:44 AM
need a ref?

raehl
03-03-2004, 09:01 AM
If you're interested in reffing. If you're not already certified, you'll need to be there Fri->Sun.

[email protected]

- Chris