PDA

View Full Version : What does Tom Kaye shoot?

Ken
03-03-2004, 05:00 PM
I remember watching splatt attack on tv but I really can't remember the particulars of tom's mag. It's not that I couldn't pick them out if I saw them, just that I don't remember heh heh heh.

I just have to get this out, I bought a tippmann with , reactive trigger, flatline, venturi, regulator etc... for 60 dollars turned around and traded it for a mag with a vert adapter, vigilante reg, benchmark drop forward and on/off, powerfeed left body, pmi perfect ceramic barrel and a 47,3000. The mag now has a single finger powerlyte frame on it (sorry Tom, I like the more meaty grip of the powerlyte opposed to the carbon fiber.) and a 68, 4500.

I love my mag , I love that I have found a gun that meets all of my requirements and that I know everything about! Hopefully it can keep up with me to win some tournys in the 2004 NEPL. ( No doubt :) )

A loyal and happy AGD customer,
Ken

paint magnet
03-03-2004, 05:03 PM
I'm not sure what Tom shoots, but how do you like the Powerlyte frame? Do you have the .45 frame or the one with the built-in drop?

Pacifist_Farmer
03-03-2004, 05:05 PM
Try searching I know some one has asked before, great deal with the tippmann though

gibby
03-03-2004, 05:14 PM
If I can remember, TK used a warped extreme emag at Spplat 1. I believe, now he uses a ULT mag. Last I saw him, he was sporting a Tac-One with ULT.

Koosh
03-03-2004, 05:15 PM
I stole this from this OLD thread...Here (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12381&highlight=69)

I will just name some off the top of my head

carter comp
3 desert ducks
phantom
line si bushmaster
bolt action sheridan rifle
pgp
puma
phoenix
tracer (original)
impulse
bunch of angles
signature series splatmaster
rapide
sterling pump
six pack copy
couple shockers (that dont work)

thats a few that I can think of.

AGD

Ken
03-03-2004, 05:20 PM
it's not really that much of a drop, but yes, that is what I shoot.

Creative Mayhem
03-03-2004, 05:26 PM
The last few times I have seen him play, he has been shooting a mech mag with Chord body, intelliframe, X valve, ULT, HALO, Flatline(not sure of the drop), barrel is whatever he happens to grab, at SCAO, he used my 12" Edge

adam shannon
03-03-2004, 05:37 PM
are you guys kidding, TK shoots only e-bladed cockers. he said he was on the waiting list for an x-mag....but got tired of waiting. and now that he told hiself they are stopping production of x's hes been eyeing a dynasty shocker...after all if dynasty shoots em they must be great ;)

Ken
03-03-2004, 05:43 PM
har har har, you're so funny.

Remington
03-03-2004, 05:50 PM
Ken what part of New England are you from? Two things: 1.) Are you planning on coming to AO NE Day 5 (check below, in my signature)? And 2.) Do you only play NEPL events or do you play PnL as well (just wondering because Team Mint plays PnL 3-man)? I hope to see you at AO NE Day 5! ;)

Ken
03-03-2004, 06:07 PM
I'm definatley coming!

argnot
03-03-2004, 06:12 PM
I was gonna say it would be funny as all heck if tom played with a shocker. Or better yet a mag decked out to look like a shocker. Not to hard considering shockers already look like mags. Maybe a cnc velocity adjuster with the nazi sp logo. One of thier front regs or the promo tear drop front grip. It would be funny as hell. Just an idea.

punkncat
03-03-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by argnot
I was gonna say it would be funny as all heck if tom played with a shocker. Or better yet a mag decked out to look like a shocker. Not to hard considering shockers already look like mags. Maybe a cnc velocity adjuster with the nazi sp logo. One of thier front regs or the promo tear drop front grip. It would be funny as hell. Just an idea.

Other than the outline they don't look alike , however they feel almost identical.
The weight and balance of them are suprizigly close.
I just like the RTP better cause it doesn't need batteries,will never chop,and still rips as fast as you can pull the trigger(or feed for that matter).

Doobie
03-03-2004, 06:41 PM
Yes, at shatner he used the mechanical most of the day. He did, however, switch to an E-mag with a Warp for the O.K. Corral.

O.K. Corral...AKA...The only appearance of the "AGD Factory Team" :rolleyes: LOL! :D

Ken
03-03-2004, 06:44 PM
What were the specifics of his Mech mag?

Creative Mayhem
03-03-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Ken
What were the specifics of his Mech mag?

Ken see my previous post... that's what he uses 90% of the time..

RoadDawg
03-03-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by gibby
If I can remember, TK used a warped extreme emag at Spplat 1. I believe, now he uses a ULT mag. Last I saw him, he was sporting a Tac-One with ULT.
He used the tac-one setup mentioned by Gibby at the AO NorCal vs SoCal day. He was commenting on how he never has time to charge batteries so when he's on tour he doesn't bring his Xmag. He also was getting a kick at how someone at AGD wrapped the thing in 20 layers of tape and foam padding.

p8ntball1016
03-03-2004, 07:12 PM
i remember him saying in a magazine interview saying that he used an xmag w/ warp feed, halo and a 68 4500 flatline.

FreakBaller12
03-03-2004, 07:17 PM
he uses the latest stufff AGD has out pretty much.

jayloo
03-03-2004, 07:23 PM
Last year at PB Sams in WI. he was shootin a V1 corded intelli. mag with a 68/45k flatline, dye ultralite and clear halo.....

He shot this at AO Day at CCP on 2/14/2004.

http://www.jayloo.com/lib/get_file.php?id=722

paint magnet
03-03-2004, 09:05 PM
Creative Mayhem is correct, Tom was shooting a Chorded mech mag at SCAO 2. I think it had a Y grip on it too.

SCAO 1 he was shooting a Black/Gold faded, warped Xmag with a HALO B and a Flatline.

warpedside671
03-06-2004, 03:56 AM
I have seen him shoot syde arms.Remember them thier the best hand guns money can buy

robdamanii
03-06-2004, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by warpedside671
I have seen him shoot syde arms.Remember them thier the best hand guns money can buy

D-Day 03.

Awesome vid by the way...I think Claire was in it with her purple to clear fade x-mag.

Automaggin2
03-06-2004, 11:56 AM
At Shatnerball 2 he was shooting a chrome deadlywind chord with black intelliframe, ult, xvalve, flatline, and bicycle grip.