PDA

View Full Version : Is AGD going to continue to make replacement parts?

thecavemankevin
03-03-2004, 05:06 PM
Now that production on E/Xmags and flatlines are being discontinued will AGD still be makeing replacement parts for these products?

Afterall, the last thing i want to happen is my xmag blow it's board or solenoid and me not being able to relace them.

Creative Mayhem
03-03-2004, 05:10 PM
I just finished talking to AGDJon about this very subject. He said that, by law, they have to carry parts for 7yrs. I wouldn't worry about it, AGD isn't the type of company to leave their supporters high and dry.

thecavemankevin
03-03-2004, 08:41 PM
required by law huh??? never thought about them being required by law to carry replacement parts like that. very interesting and thanx for the reasurance

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
03-03-2004, 08:44 PM
Tk said himself they wouldn't stop repairing markers

Halliday
03-03-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Creative Mayhem
I just finished talking to AGDJon about this very subject. He said that, by law, they have to carry parts for 7yrs. I wouldn't worry about it, AGD isn't the type of company to leave their supporters high and dry.

7 years from the introduction of the product or 7 years from the end of production of the product?

It makes a difference.

GT
03-03-2004, 09:58 PM
Come on guy lets have alittle respect here. How long as the classic valve been out what '91? and AGD still makes parts kit for it.

barberjohn
03-03-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Halliday

7 years from the introduction of the product or 7 years from the end of production of the product?

It makes a difference.
well, since its been about 3 or 4 years since the emag has been introduced, i would have to say it will be 7 years AFTER the product has been dicontinued. use common sense, if the product had been on the market for 10 years, then they would have to make -3 years of replacement parts:rolleyes: .

Halliday
03-03-2004, 10:14 PM
My thought process was for example if a product is out for 10 years then the first 7 that would have to make parts and the last 3 they would just sell the product and no spare parts.

Sure is an "interesting" law anyway.

thecavemankevin
03-03-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi
Come on guy lets have alittle respect here. How long as the classic valve been out what '91? and AGD still makes parts kit for it.

ah, but a minor parts kit with orings and such (many of which have more uses than just the classic valve) and an emag board/solenoid are a huge difference

my concernse are just, but they have been addressed and now i know the answer

AGD
03-03-2004, 11:11 PM
We are not required by law to carry parts for discontinued items. I have to talk to Jon about that. We will continue to carry various spares. The things we will not likely have are the big machined parts like the grip frame.

AGD

tyrion2323
03-03-2004, 11:35 PM
Tom,

Would you be willing to give the plans to, say, Logic or Nicad for the grip so that they could make replacement grip frames?

Jacob

GT
03-03-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by AGD
We are not required by law to carry parts for discontinued items. I have to talk to Jon about that. We will continue to carry various spares. The things we will not likely have are the big machined parts like the grip frame.

AGD

Just to drive the point home,
I assume AGD is still stocking Classic parts kits. When was the last classic valve sold?

Steelrat
03-03-2004, 11:48 PM
And this is why Im going to stay with AGD and im turning my back on AKA. At least AGD communicates with its owners and lets them know what is going on. AKA makes a one paragraph post and THATS IT.

GT
03-04-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Steelrat
And this is why Im going to stay with AGD and im turning my back on AKA. At least AGD communicates with its owners and lets them know what is going on. AKA makes a one paragraph post and THATS IT.

dont even get me started on the AKA warrenty issue....

edit: what other company can you get the "man" on the phone if something is REALLY wrong...

Banshee23
03-04-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi

Just to drive the point home,
I assume AGD is still stocking Classic parts kits. When was the last classic valve sold?

AGD still sells classic mags :)

GT
03-04-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Banshee23

AGD still sells classic mags :)

do they? I thought they discountinued the SS stuf awhile ago..

hardr0ck68
03-04-2004, 02:28 PM
HOLY CARP all these posts/threads worried about parts for the e-mag...

AGD has always stood behind there stuff, they still make parts kits for the origonal RT discontinued like 4 years ago And even now if you HAVE to have the new alum. parts for your old school RT AGD gives you the option of upgrading to 8 friggin years to x-valve and ULE body. As for gripframes, when was the last time you broke your gripframe? For me, its been 5 years back when WHEN I OWNED A F4 Illustrator!

::Sigh::

Hell next year or so when the next AGD E-gun comes out you will all forget the e-mag anyway :p

AGD always looks after its people