PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't there more Mags in tourneys?

Big Head
03-04-2004, 12:28 AM
I've been watching a lot of paintball, and I have yet to see a Mag of any sort in any tournment! Why is it that Mags don't get the respect they deserve! I've used Angels, Shockers, Timmys, yet I play with a tricked RT. The guns mentioned are just fine and dandy, but when they don't work, they don't work! Anyone who owns AGD products know how quick they can be completly rebuilt! I've been playing since 92 and have owned many guns. It seems every promblem I could think of with my original mag has been updated in the new X valve, level 10 anti chop, and thank goodness, all aluminum valve and ule body! Anyone see AGD in tourneys?

Butterfingers
03-04-2004, 12:34 AM
Thats cause teams get paid to shoot a manufacturer's gun.

Dont pay them they don't shoot your gun... Simple as that...

ZAust
03-04-2004, 12:36 AM
teams that play at the tournament level use exactly what their sponsors tell them to use. agd doesnt see/want/need tournament level exposure, so they dont sponsor many teams. thus, you dont see mags used much at the higher levels. the only teams they sponsor are agd pride, agd lions, and agd kids, who all play amature(i think???).

Big Head
03-04-2004, 12:38 AM
i remember back in the day when it was about how talented a shot you were instead of how many bps! the good ol days!

hAppy
03-04-2004, 12:39 AM
many companies dont care about publicity as much as smart parts does

i know 3 lovely companies that dont sponsor many/any teams
-AGD
-AKA
-ICD
they make GREAT products, they know that, they dont need anyone else to prove that. i respect that kind of confidence. dynasty's weapon of choice creates a hype, shockers will be the hip thing in a few weeks

Carbon
03-04-2004, 01:16 AM
Two weeks ago i saw a 2 guys use a mag in a local tourney in Roseville, CA. They were both front guys and were rocking ULE rt pro's. Yep, all mechs. Heard the LX do its magic once too on the sidelines. Zman was with me. I forgot what team they are, but o know one of the shooters post here on AO.

Strider
03-04-2004, 11:23 AM
I counted four seperate XMags, two emags, one microemag and a minimag in the Rookie division field I reffed at Skyball last week.

My team uses four Emags. I guess there aren't any mags in tourneys these days. :D

Torbo
03-04-2004, 04:10 PM
strider, which field did you ref?

anyway, its because of a lack of publicity, higher initial cost, old bad knocks, and the lack of major sponsored teams.

Strider
03-08-2004, 11:07 AM
Um, I think field 4 Thursday and Friday. Can't remember which field on Saturday. Starting to forget already.

It was the rookie field that PPIG didn't play on...

Torbo
03-08-2004, 03:14 PM
we played 2 in frelims and 3 in quarterfinals.