PDA

View Full Version : XMags and EMags can still be made

tyrion2323
03-04-2004, 03:02 AM
Hey guys,

Just a thought here -

The US Patent that SP has only pertains to American Commerce. If, say, AGDE continued to make XMags and EMags, SP couldn't go after them unless AGDE was selling directly to US customers.

Why not just sell them to a European store which could then sell the markers to Americans without the threat of being sued?

Jacob

Brophog
03-04-2004, 03:12 AM
Because, as soon as it is sold in America, it becomes American Commerce.

edweird
03-04-2004, 03:53 AM
wtf I swear if I have to repeat my self one more time im gonna 'splode

brb with lazy linked or cut/pasted answer to this... yeesh

not gonna type this again tonight

Originally posted by edweird
yeesh

This always helps (http://www.automags.org/forums/search.php?)

anyhow... the E lines are way outta date and in need of updateing... so in leiu of the Smart Parts marauding AGD decided its the perfect time to revamp the lines by selling off the current stock and entering a year of Research and Development.

the reason the Xmag hit the chopping block stems from the fact it was never designed to be a full mass production marker... and is frankly not worth the small profit in the amount of problems that the elete line demands. (stupid anno problems... slow production of the bodys... high cost incured by producing such a marker body overseas)

AGDE has taken a job to run the National Paintball Europe distribution center. They will still distribute AGD's products but making bodies is not high on the list...

So the low amount of cash they make from milling the Xmag body dont justify the problems.

In anycase... why bother making an out of date product? Join the legion of us awaiting a new and improved AGD flagship marker that is about 13 months over the horizon

Jaasper
03-04-2004, 08:55 AM
Hey Ed,

http://1000smilies.com/animated/beerpull.gif

wyn1370
03-04-2004, 09:04 AM
a new and improved AGD flagship marker that is about 13 months over the horizon
after conversion rate should be about 5 years

btw I love the beer mug

Creative Mayhem
03-04-2004, 09:45 AM
mmmm beeer

Jack & Coke
03-04-2004, 10:04 AM
...any takes on how long the waiting list will be this time? ;)

fire1811
03-04-2004, 12:07 PM
Bueller......................

edweird
03-04-2004, 12:36 PM
my guess is no preorders...

worst thing evar

Wes Janson
03-04-2004, 01:03 PM
Who cares if it's out of date, if people still want it? Do you really think most guns currently being made are cutting-edge? \sarcasm The point is that alot of people would like to own one, and now they may not be able to get one. The market is still there.

RoadDawg
03-04-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke
...any takes on how long the waiting list will be this time? ;)

My guess that if it's made locally they won't have a waiting list. The fact it took time to get the bodies from Europe to here is why the waiting list was needed. Anyways *now entering a joke*** Why doesn't AGD make a kit? ***end of joke** :D

edweird
03-04-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Wes Janson
Who cares if it's out of date, if people still want it? Do you really think most guns currently being made are cutting-edge? \sarcasm The point is that alot of people would like to own one, and now they may not be able to get one. The market is still there.

Then buy it used or peice it together from replacement parts. Or /gasp buy a ULT and head over to centerflag and get a hyperframe.

Yes it is gonna be a long 13-15 months but im sure that we will see a new frame that exploits the advantages of the ULT, LVL10'd, Xvalve... and will have all types of room for whatever crazyness that Miscue wants to program for the high memory chip they will obviously put in it.

tyrion2323
03-04-2004, 03:24 PM

Then buy it used or peice it together from replacement parts. Or /gasp buy a ULT and head over to centerflag and get a hyperframe.

Yes it is gonna be a long 13-15 months but im sure that we will see a new frame that exploits the advantages of the ULT, LVL10'd, Xvalve... and will have all types of room for whatever crazyness that Miscue wants to program for the high memory chip they will obviously put in it.

First off, the XMag is not out of date.

Let's see:

26 bps...top of the line
Mech anti chop system...top of the line
ACE system...top of the line
Light Weight/nice milling/anodizing...top of the line

I would never get a Hyperframe after hearing about CF's horrible quality control and customer service.

chizle97
03-04-2004, 04:02 PM
I think my heads about to explode:(

edweird
03-04-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by tyrion2323

Its not technicly the Xmag that is out of date...

its the Emag hardware that is...

and 26 bps is the advertised cyclic rate of the valve, not the cyclic rate of the Emag frame. Therefore an update is required to catch the Emag frame up to the advances of the AGD valve system

same thing ive been preaching forever.

tony3
03-04-2004, 04:21 PM

Let's see:

26 bps...top of the line
Mech anti chop system...top of the line
ACE system...top of the line
Light Weight/nice milling/anodizing...top of the line

I would never get a Hyperframe after hearing about CF's horrible quality control and customer service.

Yeah true.....wait no. I always see all this 26 bps stuff and the like, who really cares? There are other guns out there that can shoot 26 without noticable shootdown, of course if you hook it up to a computer you'll see it, but not enough for the human eye. The xmag which uses the emag design is an out of date design. No one wants hes anymore, we want microswitches so we can have switch bounce. We don't really care about mech override, I really hope agd gets rid of this feature. What about the 2x trigger with no option for a blade? Sure logic made a blade trigger, but we want cool designs like they have for timmys. The xmag has that huge battery pack on front, who wants that? Sure us here on AO don't see the xmag/emag out of date, because we know what they are capable of, but people play outside of AO and when they here emag they think of a big, heavy, bulky, slow electro.

felony
03-04-2004, 06:34 PM

Let's see:

26 bps...top of the line

while the valve can shoot that fast, the solenoid can not! Makes it pretty outta date to me. Dont get me wrong, AGD could sell em like hotcakes if they had em in stock, hell I would even buy 1.

dan