PDA

View Full Version : Nubbins...:(

PowerFedMag
09-23-2001, 01:25 PM
They sadden me...Like every 500-700 shots I bust one...
Maybe they are sticking to far in or I bust them with sqeegee...
Its just very annoying, should the nubbin only stick in so its just a tiny bump?

magking1971
09-23-2001, 01:47 PM
I have mine so it is just a little bump and have shot about 18 cases of paint with the same nubbin.
Hope it helps.

Army
09-23-2001, 01:55 PM
The nubbin should not need to extend any further into the chamber than the thickness of a paper match. Any more and your bolt may hit it.

Simply (carefully) bend it out until it is at the above position.:cool:

Paintballer86
09-23-2001, 03:58 PM
I did this to my nubbin this morning
http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/Paintballer86/nubbin.jpg And this is the gouge it left in my NEW J&J Ceramic barrel
:mad:
http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/Paintballer86/gouge.jpg

the123
09-23-2001, 04:04 PM
p8ntballer, I have the SAME exact problem. But it seems moreso on my Freak system. (I have the same gouge on my freak) I switched from the P-style to the V style nubbins when I heard that the p-style nubbins were being hit by the new long nose bolt. now, I hear that AGD packages all their parts kits with V-style nubbins now.

PyRo
09-23-2001, 04:20 PM
Come on AGD hurry up with those new nubbins :)

Chef123161
09-23-2001, 05:05 PM
You can call AGD and ask for some V-Nubbins. I did after I had my P Style nubbins breaking left and right. No problems with the V Nubbins so far.

Spyder BC
11-19-2001, 01:21 AM
Man -I just recieved the SAME exact gouge in my barrel today. It was a Brand new Splashed AA barrel to....

I was using a P type nubbin, because I had broken the other two V nubbins today and the game before. I think I'm going to ask around and see how often people have nubbin breaks, and if so how often they result in significant damage to the barrel.

-BC

boggerman
11-19-2001, 12:05 PM
I have used "p" nubbins, "v" nubbins, and now the new plastic nubbins:D with no trouble from any of them. Just adjust them, like Army said, until the nubbin protrudes into the barrel the thickness of a paper match. You need to check the depth when the barrel is installed in your mag(or you can just push in on the rear oring)as the body will press against the barrel oring and push the nubbin further into the barrel than when the barrel is not installed. If you take these precautions you should be able to cut down on your nubbin troubles. Hope this helps!