PDA

View Full Version : Palmer Sideline

PowerFedMag
09-23-2001, 01:26 PM
Would a Palmer Sideline stab. noticbly increase performance on a Mag? CO2 or N2. Is the sideline unwieldy as well?

DarkPhoenix
09-23-2001, 07:28 PM
I think that this belongs in the tech forum. The Palmer Sideline stabilizer was made specifically to mount on the input side of an Automag A.I.R. valve. Though originally meant for CO2, the stabilizer works just as well on HPA/N2. The stabilizer is nothing more than an outstanding regulator, it will even regulate liquid CO2, but it would be best to have either a expansion chamber and/or antisiphon tube, when using CO2, as well. As being unwieldy, the Palmer Sideline screws directly into the input on the AIR valve, I guess this would be more of an opinion, but I wouldn't think that it would be unwieldy at all. For more info visit www.palmer-pursuit.com

krafty
09-23-2001, 08:19 PM
It's not in a bad position... unless you like to look down that side of your mag. The sidelines I've seen in use were put there as a replacement for the AIR valve. Basically, you crank the AIR wide open (so it's not really regulating anything at all) and use the stabilizer as the final regulator. If you're going to run HPA, this might be the best option, since otherwise you'd be triple-regulating.

The only downside I could see with this option is there's no real tourney lock for the stabilizer, so you might find it difficult to get past the chrono judges... if the even notice what you're doing.

PowerFedMag
09-24-2001, 03:09 PM
how would it increase performance? Would it make things more accurate, or perhaps have some faults like slowing recharge rate (heh...)

Cha0tic
09-25-2001, 04:59 AM
if you are running co2, it would add consistancy and help keep liquid co2 out.

if you are running HPA, it will make it more consistant, but slow down the recharge rate because you would have 3 regs. (1 in gun, sideline, and tank)

people "gut out" their regulators inside the automag valve and then screw in the sideline reg. this would replace the internal reg. i wouldn't do it because the automags reg is very good.