PDA

View Full Version : AGD's new marker

epterry
03-04-2004, 05:02 PM
If AGD were to make a new electro would you want it to have the HES or a micro switch for its trigger?

Lord_Whoopass
03-04-2004, 05:13 PM
Neither... :D I want what TK puts in it... just cuz he does R&D and would know what would be better... LOL I wouldnt doubt that he has come up with a totally revolutionary way to fire a gun... And then patents it so that Smart Parts couldnt use it...

RenagadeOfFunk
03-04-2004, 05:14 PM
you should explain the difference between HES and micro...for the peole who don't know...im too lazy to so u can if u want...

Lord_Whoopass
03-04-2004, 05:19 PM
H.E.S. is a magnetic sensor that detects the pull...

Microswitch is pretty much what every other electro uses besides mags...

Lohman446
03-04-2004, 05:29 PM
I want, whatever TK tells me I want.

Shortsighted, nah, one of the things that I respected about Ross Perot when he ran - he did not say he was the smartest, the best at everything. He simply noted that you had to be smart enough to pick out who to listen to well.

I am very very good at what I do, it is not design, or even tech paintball markers. As such I have decided to select the best to tell me what I want in a paintball marker, and frankly, I think the best in that field, is TK. I trust his abilities to R&D, to stand behind a product, and to tell us if it works, or if it doesnt work Remember no introduction of Perfect Circle paintballs, I could have hyped the crap out of the most round, most consistant paintballs ever created and sold a bunch. TK didn't do this, as such I am sure I can trust him to tell me what I want in my next marker, hell I can trust him to build it for me and sell me one.

paint magnet
03-04-2004, 05:41 PM
Why no opto-switch option?

logamus
03-04-2004, 05:52 PM
with every new "AGD's New Gun" thread tom gets closer and closer to the donning of the dress blues.

sniper1rfa
03-04-2004, 05:55 PM
screw open/closed state switches alltogether. Use a light potentiometer. While the pull would be slightly longer for safety reasons (it could be essentially as short as you want though), it would allow for high ROF to be far easier to attain with a little bit of creative software.

A pot would allow the gun to react to the motion of the trigger, instead of the trigger contacting/closing a switch. There would be no specific "firing point"... just a minimum distance the trigger has to travel to fire, and a minimun distance it has to travel to reset.

Mango
03-04-2004, 06:15 PM
haha more people want Pie than a micro switch.

Creative Mayhem
03-04-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by SprayingMango
haha more people want Pie than a micro switch.

and why not? Pie = t3h winnar!

LaW
03-04-2004, 06:21 PM
As soon as you put pie into a poll it makes this entire post useless...

epterry
03-04-2004, 07:03 PM
Im starting to notice that law

Timmee
03-04-2004, 07:15 PM
Hmm, I'd have to say micro-switch. If I could get an electro 'Mag with Angel LCD style trigger geometry, I'd be happy (I've always loved the Angel's trigger geometry). As a plus, aftermarket triggers would be readily available.

GoatBoy
03-04-2004, 07:17 PM
Man, pie is pretty powerful.

barberjohn
03-04-2004, 07:52 PM
pie rules. anyway, i did microswitch, since i think that it will be cheaper, and therefore more people will probably want to buy it.

islandboi
03-04-2004, 08:24 PM
i think it should have magic fairies in it shooting

TraXeR
03-04-2004, 08:37 PM
I'm gonna have to go with HES, microswitch is great yes, but the EMag and XMag are amazing and they use it, and they are my highest favored marker there is (I'm biased, yes, but I like what works for AGD).

SirTim
03-04-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Whoopass
Neither... :D I want what TK puts in it... just cuz he does R&D and would know what would be better... LOL I wouldnt doubt that he has come up with a totally revolutionary way to fire a gun... And then patents it so that Smart Parts couldnt use it...

bingo! I want whatever TK think is the best, not what I think is the best, because I don't know jack about which one is better.

Rope a Dope
03-04-2004, 08:49 PM
Microswitch since you get the most bounce out of it.

The E/X-Mag is capped at 20bps, so is the intimidator, the DM4 is only capped at 24bps

So why do those hold the speed crown and the E/X-Mag doesn't? Simple.. switch bounce.

Just like Angels and their optical switch. Angel Speeds and A4's are capped at 30bps, but they don't get that neato switch bounce. Sure all guns can bounce from the recoil, but those insane 20bps lines of paint are due to switch bounce.

I say screw morals and join the rest.

Oh and for the love of god give us a blade trigger option! Yeah I know you can order them from 3rd parties.. but I still don't have my blade trigger :(

Phobos
03-04-2004, 11:06 PM
I say Pie because I trust in the great TK and his mag gnomes.

Rope a Dope
03-05-2004, 01:32 AM
I trust Tom as well but I don't want a sight rail on my next gun.:mad: !!

paint magnet
03-05-2004, 10:05 PM
I don't see how anyone can stand trigger bounce...to me it's just annoying. I can shoot fast enough without it (for me, anyway, but then again I would consider myself somewhat fast on the trigger) and would personally rather play with a mechanical gun than a 'bouncy' electro.

And the site rail thing - Ok, maybe it looked cool and all and was practical with the old hirise and powerfeed bodies, but come on, why include it with norise bodies? A revvie (or pretty much any other hopper) won't fit on there because it won't clear the site rail. So you either have to remove it or swing your hopper to the side, making it more practical just to leave it off in the first place.

Cyberious
03-05-2004, 10:58 PM
I want a non-electro controlled trigger. That way Goat Roper Parts can take their Electronic controlled trigger and stick it in their um...shocker holes!

Carbon
03-06-2004, 04:48 AM
My beef with switch bounce is, the simple fact you dont have complete control of you gun. It isnt nice when ya snap back into cover and 3 more comes out after you have let off the trigger.

As far as switches, Why not an option for both micro and HES switches. Have a removable and interchangable switch module, with a combination of set screws to activate manual activation, and a refined HES and activation magnets for magnetic operation. Better yet have a hybrid activation, springs for return and HES for activation or vice versa.

Lord_Whoopass
03-06-2004, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Cyberious
I want a non-electro controlled trigger. That way Goat Roper Parts can take their Electronic controlled trigger and stick it in their um...shocker holes!

You do have a point there... I am waiting for some nice Pneumatic grip conversion kits to come out for the mag... you get an electro feeling pull w/o the electronics...

logamus
03-06-2004, 09:50 AM
keep in mind that the hes is what has caused the problems with the newer software.

paint magnet
03-06-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Whoopass

You do have a point there... I am waiting for some nice Pneumatic grip conversion kits to come out for the mag... you get an electro feeling pull w/o the electronics...

You mean kinda like Punisher did strapping cocker pneumatics onto a mag?

Carbon
03-07-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by logamus
keep in mind that the hes is what has caused the problems with the newer software.

True true. Hopefully the incorperation of the ULT, will result in a more refined solenoid/HES function.

Mag_SEAL-6
03-07-2004, 08:06 PM
I'm pretty sure that TK is staying away from the electro scene. Nicad created his own little 100% mech gun that impressed Tom.

Tom says his "new" gun will be better.

BobTheCow
03-07-2004, 08:30 PM
Go pie go. :)

lamby
03-08-2004, 07:39 AM
neither.. both options suck. I would vote for a photo interupter so I can adjust the trigger better. (microswitches have springs(added trigger tension), and HES requires to much travel to arm/reset)

The best trigger frame ever is the eclipse e-frame! Of course this is IMHO.