PDA

View Full Version : Annodizing a PTP Micromag body

BourneKiller
03-04-2004, 05:17 PM
Title says most of it.

I want to get my PTP Micromag body annoed (can do it extremely cheap, so you just let me worry about how I'm spending my money ;) ) and I want to know if there's anything that I need to take out of the body, separate, etc...

I bought it at www.hustlepaintball.com.

Let me hear it!

And also, when annoing a Intelliframe, can I anno the trigger, no prob?

Of course, I'll take out all the SS pins and garbage like that, but I'd like to get the frame and trigger annoed as well.

Last thing, what do I need to take of a standard mag rail to get it annoed?

RRfireblade
03-04-2004, 05:51 PM
The PTP body has a steel insert that normally has to come out,but it IS possible to leave it in masked off.You need to talk to the Annodizer and see if they'll do it that way.Otherwise it's a pain to get out but I can usually get 'em out. P/F body or vert?

A far as everything else,basically the same story.Completely disassemble everything,anno everything aluminum.Just need the twist lock removed from the rail and the frame bushing if it's in there.(I don't recall where it lives w/ the stock rail :))

BourneKiller
03-04-2004, 07:03 PM
Okay, I need to get it out, could you give me some details on how to do so? Also, do I need to do anything about taking out the parts for the "ball detent?" Is the spring aluminum or SS? Any pins or rods in there that need to go?

RRfireblade
03-04-2004, 07:15 PM
Yes,take apart the detent.

Drive out the pin and watch out for the spring.

What kind of body is it,P/F or Vert?

Getting the spacer out is not easy and varies a bit depending on the body.I have a couple of specialized tools a made for the job.

BourneKiller
03-04-2004, 07:23 PM
Oops, sorry, vert

RRfireblade
03-04-2004, 07:31 PM
:(

That's the hardest one.

It will take custom tools.

I "should" be able to get it out for you if you want,I can't guarantee it will come out,but it should.And the spacer may not "survive" ;) but PTP has them for only a few bucks so thats not a problem.

LMK.

Jay.

BourneKiller
03-04-2004, 07:40 PM
Okay, do you have a link to PTP's site? And where do you live? It may just be cheaper to buy a new one, than to ship it to you, and then ship it back....

And where inside the body is it?

RRfireblade
03-04-2004, 08:01 PM
http://www.proteamdirect.com/

If you want me to do it,I can get the spacer from PTP,they're right here in FL.

If you pull the valve and look in there,the spacer is down in the middle of the body.It's where the spring rests and it what centers the valve/bolt/spring assembly.Where it is,is why it's such a problem.;)

Jay.

BourneKiller
03-04-2004, 08:38 PM
Yeah, if you could find out how much those are and then mail it to me, that'd be great, and then I'll just put it in the body when it gets back from anno and the old one is well incinerated. :)

Anything else? Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

RRfireblade
03-05-2004, 11:12 PM
K, I'll check on Sat.

BourneKiller
03-14-2004, 12:35 AM
Did you find out?

And also, I'll be annodizing a ULE body, how do I take out the retaining clip inside it?

RRfireblade
03-14-2004, 01:22 PM
Hey,

That's my bad,I had some one checking on it for me and when they didn't get back to me,I didn't follow up on it.

I'll find out ASAP and let you know.

Sorry 'bout that.

RRfireblade
03-14-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by BourneKiller
And also, I'll be annodizing a ULE body, how do I take out the retaining clip inside it?

It comes out pretty easy,you just need a pick tool,like a dental pick and pop off the wire C clip.

Cristobal
03-14-2004, 09:17 PM
Somewhere on here is a thread where someone filled a micromag body with silicon sealant before annodizing. It seemed to work pretty well from what I recall, and meant you didn't have to pull the insert.

RRfireblade
03-14-2004, 09:19 PM
I mentioned that way up top.

FYI,
It was XPB and one of my 2 Micros.;)

The first one I did I had to pull the insert,and then we figured out you could possible mask it off and leave it in,which we did on the second one.

BourneKiller
03-15-2004, 12:19 AM
How do I mask it off? With normal masking tape? :|

RRfireblade
03-15-2004, 07:54 AM
It has to be masked with something impervious to the chemical baths and water tight.I'm not exactly sure what XPB used on mine,I'm guessing some kind of rubber/urethane masking perhaps? Just a guess.

BourneKiller
03-15-2004, 12:03 PM
Hmmm... I think I'll just see if I can pull out the SS parts in the ULE body and probably just replace the Micro SS insert.

Will you be able to get the SS insert for me?

RRfireblade
03-15-2004, 05:10 PM
Yeah,I can get it.

There's no one at the store right now that knows if there in stock,but I'm pretty sure they are. There was quite a few last time I was in.I do happen to have one I took out of another gun that's in pretty decent shape,you can have that one if you want PM me about it.

Jay.

redlaser666
03-15-2004, 07:39 PM
I have a PF micro, how hard are those to remove?
Do you have a drawing or pic of the tool you use?

BourneKiller
05-08-2004, 10:40 PM
Well, here's how she turned out!

http://www.hunt101.com/img/149569.jpg

http://www.hunt101.com/img/149570.jpg