PDA

View Full Version : Fly Angel 4.... Comes stock with ACE!

Ov3rmind
03-04-2004, 09:33 PM
http://www.idlepimps.com/phazed/fly.gif

Finally, no more of that Sensi BS. If they can keep the price right, it may be a hit. They also managed to de-uglify the trigger and feedneck on the stock A4s. I still think LCDs are the hotness, but this one sure does please the eyes (I like the simple but smooth milling approach).

mag-hatter
03-04-2004, 09:34 PM
i still think the grip frame looks like a "cat in heat" :|

Oregon_pb_
03-04-2004, 09:35 PM
still don't like the grip. If they can release if for $750-900 it wouldn't be too bad tho.

Ov3rmind
03-04-2004, 09:36 PM
WDP promo pic (http://www.wdp.tv/wallpaper/angelfly.htm)

Hopefully they can keep the price reasonable (less than $1100).

If they started to phase out Sensi on all their guns, I'd give serious thought to picking up a Speed.

angelbeast24
03-04-2004, 09:39 PM
oregon holding it under 900??? dont hold ur breath normal a4s run for like 1200 if they keep it under 1200 then it should be nice.

painball
03-04-2004, 09:51 PM
I love it. It's times like these when I wanna get off my lazy arse and find a job. :p

Steelrat
03-04-2004, 10:11 PM
Bad thing WDP could do: Only have ACE on limited edition guns, while leaving sensi on the normal ones. Sure ACE on all will kill resale on old guns, but why should WDP care?

Worst thing WDP could do: Charge more for an ACE equipped gun. I know the parts for sensi are more expensive than ACE stuff. I also know that the paintball buying public has become accustomed to ACE being standard or available on most guns. If WDP trys to make people pay a premium for it, I think it might backfire on them.

painball
03-04-2004, 10:21 PM
I say they discontinue sensi and add ACE to all of their markers. It seems they are too proud of their mostly unconventional anti-chop mechanism to look outside and notice nobody likes it. Maybe this could be a giant leap for WDP?? ;)

hAppy
03-04-2004, 10:26 PM
fugly to the 10th power

wdp is going crazy w/ new guns

Rope a Dope
03-04-2004, 10:57 PM
Funny... I've never chopped a ball with my Angel Speed.

Some people just don't know how to read a manual so they can properly setup their marker... ugh.

Anyways, I'm getting the predator mod for my Speed, I want that bouncy microswitch so I can cheat like everyone else. :)

bunkermaster10
03-05-2004, 01:22 AM
Thats gonna be per pimpin'. They should of started making the ace for the speed and made it cost 1000k new compared to 800k. I still think it would of been a awesome hit on the market. That marker will be a straght up killin' machine. And it might be a good hit if they keep it under a G. But has nothing on my viking ;)

Corbet
03-05-2004, 10:56 AM
can anyone explain what a "sensi" is?

robdamanii
03-05-2004, 11:02 AM
It's a cone that is pushed down into a sensor ring that sits in the front of the gripframe. It senses a ball's pressure sitting on it, and prevents the marker from chopping based upon that input.

Hell, I never use it, just set the MROF at 22 and let my halo do the rest of the talking.

Woogie12
03-05-2004, 03:16 PM
There really is nothing wrong with sensi. I haven't chopped a ball yet. I have never had any problems with it and niether have the other 10 people shooting speeds at my field. I think WDP made ACE to get the public's attention with less complaining about sensi.

barberjohn
03-05-2004, 03:42 PM
mmmmmmmmm. i like, i like. i dont know though, im sure there is somewhere else they could take off more weight:rolleyes: :D .

Bulldog
03-05-2004, 04:20 PM
I've always liked the Fly versions of the Angels. I might have to pick one of these up in 6 months or so, when the price is around 8 or 9.

QUINCYMASSGUY
03-06-2004, 12:20 PM
If only they'd put a better reg on there, like a Sidewinder....

Havoc_online
03-06-2004, 08:40 PM
interesting, I thought wdp said the ACE was a flawed system....

:rolleyes:

QUINCYMASSGUY
03-06-2004, 09:08 PM
You mean sensi or cops, right havoc? I always found it ridiculous they had so many problems and they never switched to eyes, but the reg thing killed me even more, using a stubby reg like the mini which everyone seems to like switching out for regs more steady like a Sidewinder. Overall, the angel is a nice gun, but I think you pay too much for looks and promotion expenses in it for a marker that is definitely short in certain areas, Viking operate very closely to them and are, frankly, way better built and operate more smoothly (better airflow, etc). But it looks like WDP is going in the right direction.

Richter_7
03-06-2004, 09:08 PM
They said the dual detent system was flawed as well but as you can see that didn't stop them.

Woogie12
03-06-2004, 10:21 PM
Hmm.....minireg seems fine to me. Today I shot 267, 267, 270 :D

nastymag
03-07-2004, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by QUINCYMASSGUY
You mean sensi or cops, right havoc? I always found it ridiculous they had so many problems and they never switched to eyes, but the reg thing killed me even more, using a stubby reg like the mini which everyone seems to like switching out for regs more steady like a Sidewinder. Overall, the angel is a nice gun, but I think you pay too much for looks and promotion expenses in it for a marker that is definitely short in certain areas, Viking operate very closely to them and are, frankly, way better built and operate more smoothly (better airflow, etc). But it looks like WDP is going in the right direction.

personally i love the minireg...and most angel owners dont switch it either.

by the way COPS is the Hardware ...Sensi is the Software

QUINCYMASSGUY
03-07-2004, 12:50 PM
Interesting... I see a couple miniregs up for sale and have heard negative things about the angel's consistency which could be related to the reg, but I could be wrong also.

And the hardware is COPS? So what was the software use in IR3's called before Sensi? I don't spend much time learning about angels but starting to be interested, so by all means enlighten me :)

robdamanii
03-07-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by QUINCYMASSGUY
Interesting... I see a couple miniregs up for sale and have heard negative things about the angel's consistency which could be related to the reg, but I could be wrong also.

And the hardware is COPS? So what was the software use in IR3's called before Sensi? I don't spend much time learning about angels but starting to be interested, so by all means enlighten me :)

Off topic, but do you happen to know where they're for sale and are they a decent price?

Thanks bro, looking to gut one and use it as a foregrip.