PDA

View Full Version : I love the UPS man... (pics)

Ryknow
03-05-2004, 11:34 PM
Hopefully he will bring something else to me next week...

but for now I'll have to live with these 2 Alpine R-10's

Yes.. I know, not the greatest. But 400 watts a piece in the back of a Jeep Wrangler is pretty good. And it was either 2 Alpine R-10's or 1 Alpine R-12. anyway.. here is a pic!

Next week my RF Punch801S, 2 farad cap, and wiring should be here.

http://www.fragtek.com/iB_html/uploads/post-2-47039-r_10_s.jpg

Morally0Confused
03-06-2004, 12:29 AM
i have 2 type Rs in my car and a JBL 1200 watt amp
not super loud but what a clean boom and thats what i wanted

Restola
03-06-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Ryknow
But 400 watts a piece in the back of a Jeep Wrangler is pretty good.
What kind of theft protection measures are you taking? I would really like to put a couple hundred bucks into my jeeps sound system...but I'm scared...

dansim
03-06-2004, 08:06 AM
nice man, very nice

Ryknow
03-06-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Restola

What kind of theft protection measures are you taking? I would really like to put a couple hundred bucks into my jeeps sound system...but I'm scared...

I'm doing this for my alarm.. also power locks will be installed. click me for security system (http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/1774)

I also have a tuffy stainless steel powdercoat black center console. One of the major points in those things are the place is has to put your cd player.

Morally0Confused
03-06-2004, 01:13 PM
does your center consle lock and have the headunit bracket?

how many ohms are you wiring the subs at? mine are at 4 ohms and the JBL amp at 4 ohms gives 600 watts so 300 a piece

and i think Restola's concerns might be his Jeep is a soft top

Ryknow
03-06-2004, 05:15 PM
my Jeep is soft top also...

but yes it locks and has a HU bracket.

I'm wiring them @ 4 ohms using a Rockford Punch 801s (2400 watt) it does 800 watts bridged @ 4 ohms. Preferct match when wired correctly.

PyRo
03-06-2004, 05:20 PM
Anything that says type R on it is crap.

Morally0Confused
03-06-2004, 05:45 PM
4 ohms gives the best sound and gives the amp longer life

we have been working on something in my friends blazer since his top comes off. he got a large stainless steel tool box for the back of his truck with a lid. he is building a box that will fit it perfect with enough room for the amp so in summer when he parks he can lock up his subs. his first alarm was he left his Bull Mastif in his truck.

Originally posted by PyRo

wow you know nothing about sound systems do you?
go to a sound comp come and watch some of the people with Alpine sound systems

Ryknow
03-06-2004, 06:18 PM

I suppose RE or Adire Audio is crap also?

You take your 15" Xplods and go attempt to be louder than one of my 10's

PyRo
03-06-2004, 06:52 PM
I just hate anything that says Type R on it period. So many stupid things that people put on there car say Type R on them that its really pissing me off m :)

Morally0Confused
03-06-2004, 07:05 PM
type R your talking of is an acura engine
type R we talk of has to do with a model of subwoofer
Alpine makes 3 subs
type E
type S
type R
(in order from least to greatest)

PyRo
03-06-2004, 07:10 PM
I'm sure they subs sound fine, but Type R seat covers, type R cd holders, type R floormatts, its gotten to the point that anything with type R on it annoys me.

You don't see me with floormats that say hemi on them in my camaro do you? :rolleyes:

dansim
03-06-2004, 10:05 PM

but your super hero costume has a big "R" on it, of course that may stand for something else....*CoughretardCOUGH*;)

Ryknow
03-07-2004, 01:09 AM
I'm sure they subs sound fine, but Type R seat covers, type R cd holders, type R floormatts, its gotten to the point that anything with type R on it annoys me.

You don't see me with floormats that say hemi on them in my camaro do you? :rolleyes:

my Jeep floormats say Jeep....?

not seeing a point?:confused: