PDA

View Full Version : Chronoing the RT?

LCDmag1
09-23-2001, 05:14 PM
Ok, i read the section about chronoing the RT. Now is this correct, that if i set it at a lower pressure that i will get better chrono readings. Which is what i want because a consist gun is an accurate gun. But it also said that i could get drop off at lower input, but i am assuming it is talking about the tank not recharging fast enough right? So if i put my maxflow on an RT set at 700, it should be consistant? I don't want 15-20 chrono jumps, b/c that would suck. And also with more reactivity, say if i set it at 800, would the chrono readings be bad?

Muzikman
09-23-2001, 06:47 PM
It depends on how fast you want to shoot. An RT is designed to shoot as fast as you can. If you set input PSI low, the reactiveness of your trigger would be less, making the ROF less (more than likely). This may or may not make the slow one shot at a time over the chono more consistant because you are not warming up the A.I.R. as much. Now, if you set the preassure higher, and shoot the gun fast, when you chrono fire off enough rounds to make the A.I.R. get warm, then shoot over the chrono. With an RT, when the A.I.R gets warm it will raise the velocity. The faster you shoot, the warmer the A.I.R. will get and the more consistant the gun will be. I'm pretty sure there is a graph showing how this works. Now, I may be way off, but this seems to be how my RT works. I shoot my RT around 900 and I don't seem many consistancy problems. Just rememeber, If you set the preassure low, not only will you get drop off, you will also get very little reactiveness to the trigger, so why even have an RT, you might as well use a standard Mag:)

If I am wrong aboubt any points, I am sure one of the geeky tech types will make me feel dumb:)

DarkPhoenix
09-23-2001, 06:55 PM
I do not know about being a geeky tech type, but I do know that this should be in the tech forum. However, in order to chrono an RT/RT Pro/Retro/E-mag valve, after you shoot over the chrono you keep the trigger pulled, do not release. This action of keeping the trigger squeezed, prevents the valve from re-charging. Release and squeeze the trigger as fast as you can, holding the trigger squeezed after each firing cycle. By doing this, you are effectively simulating a RT rapid fire string. This procedure will allow you to chrono safely.

cphilip
09-23-2001, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by DarkPhoenix
I do not know about being a geeky tech type, but I do know that this should be in the tech forum.

Amen brother, Amen.... ;)