PDA

View Full Version : macro/micro?

crazymex
03-06-2004, 12:40 AM
besides size is their really any big diff between the two? Pros cons? any help would be much appreciated.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
03-06-2004, 12:46 AM
i don't think there is a difference other than size and how much air they get to your marker at a time

fire1811
03-06-2004, 01:15 AM
micro line is the devil :)

get macroline

before macro was around i used microline
numerous time i have been running and my marker bumped my leg and the microline has blown

Joni
03-06-2004, 06:47 AM
Micro line is made for lower pressure than macro, and since even most macro lines aren't made for 800 psi, def. stay away from micro.

robdamanii
03-06-2004, 07:03 AM
Macroline is rated to handle in excess of 1500 PSI.

Joni
03-06-2004, 07:07 AM
Well, the never macros might be. The ones I used a couple of years ago was rated to about 350, and I know those are still sold. If you use macro you just have to make sure it's rated for your pressure.

-=Squid=-
03-06-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by robdamanii
Macroline is rated to handle in excess of 1500 PSI. You show me ONE manufacturer of macroline that has macro rated with a working pressure exceeding 1500 psi. :rolleyes:

Rope a Dope
03-06-2004, 12:21 PM
Steelbraid 4evar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Butterfingers
03-06-2004, 12:44 PM
the truth is that almost ANY macro or microline is ill equipped to handle the pressure that a mag requires...

Most have a working pressure of 350 or so psi... and a burst pressure of about 1000 psi.

The good stuff paker paraflex only has a working pressure of around 600 I beleive and a burst of 1800.

Thats why macro and micro fail.

Dont even get me started on some shady macro fittings that pull apart because they were not designed to work with that much pressure.

There are safe macro options out there but they are hard to find... If you insist on using macro and want some of the good stuff talk to tunaman.

cranky_fart
03-06-2004, 12:57 PM
You may find this interesting...

Taken from http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24651

Originally posted by Tom Allen
Just thought i would post the results of a pressure test on the new fittings.

Tested at Turner Hydraulics, 10/10/2003

The setup was, a straight connector with a 300mm length of 6mm hose into a swivel elbow, and blanked off.

After initial pressure up to the working pressure of 900 psi, the fittings and hose gave no sign of leakage or stress at all. This was left for a considerable amount of time to settle, and they worked perfectly.

Turners then increased the pressure gradually to 2000 psi, still no ill effects, no leaks or stress.

They then increased the pressure to 3000 psi, and still they worked perfectly, no leaks or stress.

The next step was to increase the pressure until they failed, and they had to take the pressure above 4000 psi, before the hose failed at 4300 psi. The fittings still held at 4300 psi, and on examining the fittings after the test, the fittings still disconnected as easily as they did before.

The hose did not come out of the fittings, it failed along its length, by bursting. The fittings still held the hose securely.

This is SAFETY to the extreme.

If there ever was a testament to safety this is it. If anyone would like a copy of the test certificate, pm me your addy and i will gladly send you one. All fittings sold from today will have this certificate with them.

Tom Allen.

tony3
03-06-2004, 01:18 PM
Had my macro burst 3 times....needless to say SS is where its at...

Halliday
03-06-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by cranky_fart
You may find this interesting...

Taken from http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24651

That's nice, but what fittings and line is he talking about? Those crazy ones from the UK?

sneakyhacker420
03-06-2004, 03:00 PM
shocker line 4 life :p

-=Squid=-
03-06-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Butterfingers
the truth is that almost ANY macro or microline is ill equipped to handle the pressure that a mag requires...

Most have a working pressure of 350 or so psi... and a burst pressure of about 1000 psi.

The good stuff paker paraflex only has a working pressure of around 600 I beleive and a burst of 1800.

Thats why macro and micro fail.

Dont even get me started on some shady macro fittings that pull apart because they were not designed to work with that much pressure.

There are safe macro options out there but they are hard to find... If you insist on using macro and want some of the good stuff talk to tunaman. Working pressure of 350 or 600? The only stuff I have seen or will sell when mine is tested is at least 1000 WORKING pressure... Who sells it with a working pressure of that small a number?? :confused: