PDA

View Full Version : Oiling My Mag...

68automag1212
03-06-2004, 03:46 PM
Just wonderin how I should keep my mag loobed up. I got the 68 classic w/ powerfeed. I drop some like 2 drops of oil in the ASA every time I gas it up. Is there anything else that I should do? Thanks for you help.

50 cal
03-06-2004, 04:00 PM
That should do you fine. I put a few drops in my RT and my Emag before each days play.

i heart my mag
03-06-2004, 04:28 PM
if you take out the field strip screw and slide back your valve from the body (you have to twist it a little back and forth but it comes out), you will find 2 holes labeled "oil", fill both those holes until the oil leaks out onto the outside of the valve. i did this after everytime i played but i dont think its necessary (i also stripped the mag down completely to every nut and screw after every day of play too, which also isnt necessary) but i think every month or 2 should suffice

68automag1212
03-06-2004, 08:55 PM
Do I use, autolube, the stuff that came with my mag to fill those holes, because i have this gun oil, thats a bit different that i use to oil the ASA, does it matter what kind of oil i use?

i heart my mag
03-06-2004, 09:40 PM
i think that would work just fine, im sure theres a better one, someone is always gonna say that there is and you shouldnt use this lube for this reason bla bla bla, but thats the same thing i always used and my mag worked fine