PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Mag please help!!

Poopy Pooter
03-06-2004, 07:36 PM
I have been having problems with my mag powerfeed and it's brand new. The problem is that each time I adjust the velocity Higher or Lower the balls still curve. Is this because I need a spring cut? Or if I were to buy a Level 10 Bolt will that fix my problems? Thanks and please help!

striker
03-06-2004, 07:40 PM
Get a chronograph and adjust your velocity to around 280. If you're using co2, that will cause a bit worse consistency. Consistency = accuracy. No matter what setup you have, the balls will still curve, its just a matter of getting the curve as small as possible.

Also check to see if the barrel and bolt are clean and no paint is in there.

Poopy Pooter
03-06-2004, 10:51 PM
I run nitro, but how else can I get the curve small as possible? Level 10? If I do that will this work http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/011-1000-581-1.html

eddie885221
03-07-2004, 12:42 AM
r u usin good paint or the walmart stuff

Poopy Pooter
03-07-2004, 01:16 AM
good paint

dyeforever
03-07-2004, 01:38 AM
wat kinda barrel are u using? could be a small bore barrel.

Poopy Pooter
03-07-2004, 12:52 PM
ive been using the lapco big shot barrel. but if i were to get that level 10 bolt would i need anything else or would it just install properly with that kit?

Thourne
03-07-2004, 01:17 PM
The level 10 upgrade is a great product. I would recommend it to anyone, but it will not fix this problem. More than likely you have either
Bad paint (that is dimpled old or it has some other imperfection), to remedy this get some really freash paint or
Your velocity is too high and this is causing too much force to be placed on the ball so all it does is spin out of control creating a horrible arch, to solve this problem turn your gun down a few turns until you can chronograph it or just go chronograph it now or
You have paint or some liquid either on you barrel on you bolt or in you hopper that is creating a imperfections in the diameter of the barrel, to remedy this take everything apart and run water over it and then make sure it is all dry. Also, check your foamie on your bolt, there can be paint residue there that gets on the ball as it's loaded. After cleaning re-oil (in the ASA) and put everything back together, shoot 20-30 shots without a barrel on then put your barrel on and everything should work right.

If it's not one of those problems post back here and we can give you some more things to try. Also, about the level 10, I would say you should go ahead and get this because once you start shooting that mag really quick it may chop a ball occasionally without it, but get your gun shooting strait first, because there will be more things to tune once you install the level 10. You should never install some new upgrade when your gun isn't operating at 100% unless you are 115% sure that part will fix the problem. The only time you should install level 10 when you are having a problem is if you are chopping or are having bolt stick because the level 10 replaces the old system for bolt stick.

Poopy Pooter
03-07-2004, 02:22 PM
Alright thanks that helps alot. Once I get this sorted out and my gun is shooting to its optimal ability I am hoping to get the level 10. I am pretty sure what you told me will fix the problem, but if not I will post again. Thanks