PDA

View Full Version : Will magnets affect my viking board?

-=Squid=-
03-06-2004, 07:46 PM
Im thinking of doing a magnet trigger mod on my new viking, but wanted to know if magnets will or can potentially ruin my WAS board... If there is even potential, im not bothering. Thanks for any help.

Joni
03-06-2004, 07:59 PM
No, I can't see how a magnet would damage a board. A magnet moving can induce current (how the HES works), but for that to make any difference it would have to be a HUGE magnet moving very fast. In a magnet trigger return the magnet is not mowing, so you can't possibly get a problem.

-=Squid=-
03-06-2004, 09:59 PM
Thanks... but as far as installation, will I have to be very careful? Careful in placement of the magnets and installation.

GT
03-06-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
Thanks... but as far as installation, will I have to be very careful? Careful in placement of the magnets and installation.

uhhhhh.......:confused: PBX in the past, made a magnetic trigger frame for the viking. I also thought Froth did those mods. You need to visit pbn..

-=Squid=-
03-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi

uhhhhh.......:confused: PBX in the past, made a magnetic trigger frame for the viking. I also thought Froth did those mods. You need to visit pbn.. Im sure they did, my point is simple: If I say, accidentally drop a magnet on my board or something, will it mess it up. Thats all I want to know.

GT
03-07-2004, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
Im sure they did, my point is simple: If I say, accidentally drop a magnet on my board or something, will it mess it up. Thats all I want to know.

how many E/x mags has that happened to?

-=Squid=-
03-07-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by gtrsi

how many E/x mags has that happened to? How about I ask around. :rolleyes:

Ive got my answer, thanks for the help. Me = will try it.

Mossman
03-07-2004, 08:30 PM
to just answer your question, no you won't hurt it. Unless you've got a mini hard disk with some mp3's stored on it for pregame psyche-up, you might mess those up but I can't think any of the components on the board that could be in any way damaged.

-=Squid=-
03-07-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Mossman
mini hard disk with some mp3's stored on it for pregame psyche-upNot a bad idea :)

bunkermaster10
03-08-2004, 01:38 AM
Squid ask Froth on pbnation.com about the mod. He has done it to his trigger.