PDA

View Full Version : Is It Just Me Or Do Timmys Look Like Spyders??? (Im not newb, but not too up on it)

OysterBoy
03-06-2004, 10:52 PM
Well?

Explain to me how it is any different from a spyder..

I could never bring myslef to buy one they just look so...bulky...

RRfireblade
03-06-2004, 10:57 PM
You can't be serious with this thread?

Sorry but Puh-leeeze.

03-06-2004, 11:07 PM
Bob Long was once agreed with Kingman upon working on a new spyder, turns out that the new spyder was way higher beyond Kingman's price range, and so the Intimidator was born...

That's the story.

tony3
03-06-2004, 11:11 PM
The first ever timmys were made from bobs old millennium bodies which didnt sell at all. It was based off the b2k. They looked exactly like spyders and the name stuck. Timmys are nothing like spyders anymore. They are faster, more consistent, less kick, more effiecent and higher quality. Never say a timmy is like a spyder and be serious about it.

RoadDawg
03-06-2004, 11:16 PM
Well he is right with the title. They do look like spyders, well the olders one did. The newer ones are a breed of there own. Now some people are modding spyders to have the same bolt look as the timmy. Internally I have no clue as I don't own either.

Digits
03-06-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by tony3
The first ever timmys were made from bobs old millennium bodies which didnt sell at all. It was based off the b2k. They looked exactly like spyders and the name stuck. Timmys are nothing like spyders anymore. They are faster, more consistent, less kick, more effiecent and higher quality. Never say a timmy is like a spyder and be serious about it.

A timmy is like a spyder

And ya of course they look like spyders there the same body type design stuff..

Even with all that ghey milling they have you can still see the spyder in them

tony3
03-06-2004, 11:37 PM
Die digits

Digits
03-06-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by tony3
Die digits

hehe.. Are you goint to shoot me with your spyder-like-timmy if I don't?

RRfireblade
03-06-2004, 11:42 PM
Yup, this is about what I expected.:rolleyes:

tony3
03-06-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Digits

hehe.. Are you goint to shoot me with your spyder-like-timmy if I don't?

Don't worry I don't shoot a timmy, I got an emag:p

Mag Master 04
03-07-2004, 12:16 AM
it should be spyders look lime timmys...everything looks liek a timmy now, even i look like a timmy:p

kopfjaeger
03-07-2004, 12:15 PM
Timmies are FUGLY!

trains are bad
03-07-2004, 12:24 PM
I don't care what they look like, someone explain why they operate differently. I'm guessing they are electropneumatic instead of blowback but I'd like to see a diagram or something.

Ov3rmind
03-07-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by trains are bad
I don't care what they look like, someone explain why they operate differently. I'm guessing they are electropneumatic instead of blowback but I'd like to see a diagram or something.
That's right.

If you want to see how they work, dissassemble your nearest Angel, Impulse, Bushmaster, Viking, or Cyborg. They all work identically.

Digits
03-07-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Mag Master 04
it should be spyders look lime timmys...everything looks liek a timmy now, even i look like a timmy:p

spyders came first though..

OysterBoy
03-07-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Digits

spyders came first though..
:eek:

hAppy
03-07-2004, 08:35 PM
timmys are way better than spyders, of course...

i will agree that timmys have the same dimensions of a spyder, but hey they look way better

i prefer a gun that works great and looks great, not many guns offer that
and please lets not compare the 2 ever again

Speedballer109
03-07-2004, 08:40 PM
Guys i'm almost finished with converting my Spyder based gun into the Timmy.

Should be done in a week and will have pics...

Timmy and Spyder bodies are exactly the same, drop the looks.:cool:

robdamanii
03-07-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Speedballer109
Guys i'm almost finished with converting my Spyder based gun into the Timmy.

Should be done in a week and will have pics...

Timmy and Spyder bodies are exactly the same, drop the looks.:cool:

Somehow I think a lasoya timmy will work much better than a frankenstein timmy.

Just my hunch.

Rope a Dope
03-07-2004, 09:02 PM
An intimidator is a higher quality spyder with a penumatic ram instead of a hammer and main spring (blow back), a lpr in front of the valve and eyes.

But many markers are like that... it's just intimidators kept the same shape as spyders.

Nothin' wrong with it, it works and works well.

But of course it's fun to piss off timmy owners by going "hey man thats a SWEET spyder!!! Is that an imagine or electra?" :D

It makes up for when they see my ULE E-Mag and go "wow, a mag, haven't seen those steel beasts in a long time, how many have you chopped today?".

Speedballer109
03-07-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by robdamanii

Somehow I think a lasoya timmy will work much better than a frankenstein timmy.

Just my hunch.

Rob just watch, just watch:)

OysterBoy
03-07-2004, 09:27 PM
well my thoughts are as such;

neither were made by TK so Ill pass on both...

Mag_SEAL-6
03-07-2004, 09:30 PM
You beat me to it Rope a Dope, but finally someone said it. They're the same in operation except for the ram.

03-07-2004, 09:32 PM
:rolleyes:

cris8762
03-07-2004, 11:20 PM
sure, my timmy looks like a spyder, but it also shoots darts incredibly faster than a spyder would, with eyes, and a freakin awesome feel (very solid and easy to snapshoot)

to all of those saying that the new E-spyders with eyes are as fast, i shot a TES with eyes, it was nowhere near as fast, and kicked like twice as much as my timmy, also sounded like a freaking cannon!

the TES is a nice gun, but has no comparison to a timmy