PDA

View Full Version : hunting

Minimag4me
09-23-2001, 08:55 PM
This last weekend I went deer hunting and on saturday morning at 7:10 I got my first deer. It was a clean shot to the chest and a really close and easy shot. IT was a mule deer with 2 points on each antler. I just thought i would share because i guess im proud of my first deer. Does anyone have any other good hunting stories or anything?

Yama
09-23-2001, 09:12 PM
man our season doesnt start until the first weekend in November. One time i fell asleep in my stand and almost fell out.

Minimag4me
09-23-2001, 09:27 PM
I havent hunted in a stand yet but in the section we(me and my dad) have tags in it starts really early and lasts for 4 weeks. The first day i hunted i got a deer this year which is much better than last year because i didnt even see a deer. I also saw about 8 female deer. At least it wasnt a long drag and it was down hill. It was a lot of fun. Ill look forward to next year.

pumpamatic
09-24-2001, 10:17 AM
My first deer.... I skipped school on a monday. About 930 in the morning i shoot at a six pointer with my bow. Wasn't sure whether I hit or not, but found a 3 foot strip of hair where he was standing. Saw the deer jump the fenceline 15 minutes after being shot. Went about 100 yards over fenceline, saw nothing, but then backed off because we didn't want to trespass. Couldn't contact landowner for permission to walk their land, out of luck. Couldn't find a blood trail either. That was 3 years ago. This past spring, talked to landowner, he claims to have found a six pointer dead 250 yards from fenceline with bent arrow in it's shoulder. Damn

FeelTheRT
09-24-2001, 01:56 PM
GOOD GOD MAN! U KILLED ONE OF GOD'S LIVING CREATIONS??

Army
09-24-2001, 02:48 PM
Well, it doesn't make any sense to shoot one that's already dead!

Killing and eating animals is how God designed us to exist. Do you get upset when the wolves kill the Caribou? The sharks kill the seals? The bird kills the bug? Why should you get upset when man kills to eat too?

Hunters are the #1 keepers of a healthy population of game animals. If we did not hunt, deer overpopulation would quickly outstrip the ability of the plains and forests to sustain life. Animals would starve and aquire disease at phenominal rates, those diseases would also transfer over to other creatures including man.

I hunt to feed my family, the same as man has since his/her beginning, I use modern tools to more quickly and humanely kill so as not to promote suffering. As much as I shoot squirrels, I will do my best to not wound it, and if I do I quickly dispatch it with a second shot.

It is sad that pumpamatic could not retrieve his deer, but that is sometimes the nature of the hunt. I pray the farmer found it while it was still harvestable.

Before you talk of Gods creatures, read Genesis again to understand our existence better.:cool:

belligerant1
09-24-2001, 08:50 PM
damn right army. props to you. i hunt doves, ducks, geese, quail and other small shotgunable(is that a werd) animals. so lemme guess, now all the hippies(animal rights activists) are gonna get all butthurt over this?

Magadeth
09-25-2001, 01:49 AM
lol:rolleyes: And congrats, How about sharing some steaks?

FeelTheRT
09-25-2001, 06:02 PM
lol i was just clowning around thats all.

i'm not religious at all.

wolverine85929
09-27-2001, 12:03 AM
Congrats on your first deer. I'll take some back straps.lol