PDA

View Full Version : Playing reality based teams in paintball

punkncat
03-07-2004, 10:28 AM
I have noticed that every reality based group , IE police groups , military , etc, we have ever played against has been easy to defeat.The only groups that offer any real challenge are other paintball teams.
I wonder why this is?
I suppose when you are training and using tactics based on live rounds and longer ranges , that it teaches you not to take risks.Thats the only thing I can think of.

Any others have this experiance? Played any good teams composed of SWAT/police tac or military groups?

Added on edit-This by no means was posted in order to "down" military or police groups.I have the utmost respect and appreciation for the job they do every day.-

Lohman446
03-07-2004, 11:48 AM
I think you hit it right on, we make those bold bunker moves and know, get hit, big deal. There training is to stay safe first (generally) and advance safely. Couple this with their training being based on accurate fire compared to our semi-accurate spray and pray method. And BTW, anyone who tells me they are ball on ball accurate super shots and can take anyone out best explain to me why they carry several hundred rounds on them to take out ten people. I think though you have the base of it, use to live guns, use to different scenarios, etc. I mean, a police officer cannot just spray an area and hope one hits what he was aiming at, its hard for them to get used to that.

NJPaint
03-07-2004, 12:58 PM
You can't group police with military. Police forces don't use the same weaponry or approach situations in the same way (in general). Look in a firefight how fast marines or soldiers go through ammo. Its almost as fast as paintball players.

1stdeadeye
03-07-2004, 01:34 PM
Police are the easiest to beat!

When we play with my buddy's fellow officers at our "Private field", we smoke them. It is their training. THey are all trying to be snipers.

I walk up on them all the time just hammering their bunkers/positions trapping them until one of my teammates bunkers them!

They are usually 1 or 2 shots then back to cover. Me I just rip streams and run at them.
:D

Skoad
03-07-2004, 01:56 PM
Paintball and real life gunfights are not the same.

skife
03-07-2004, 02:32 PM
Played paintball against some marines one time
there were 5 of them hiding behind a 5 ton
i ran around and bunkered them all!
with a tippy 98 flatline

the_next_guy_
03-07-2004, 02:48 PM
My local field is on a marine base, so a lot of the players are in the military. Most of them play paintball and understand that it differs from their training. It is still funny to hear newbs say, "watch out for that guy, he is a marine!"

Sparq
03-07-2004, 03:20 PM
Think of it as trying to gunfight against a heavily armed, psychotically homicidal person with nothing to live for.

Yeah.

dansim
03-07-2004, 03:45 PM
whe i first started playing, i had just got out of the army but i understood paintball is a whole different beast, so i head to a local field and there are about 15 reservist that came by for some "squad" training. First game in i run around to the back of the field and see not one not two but 3 guys crawling through a low land swamp. It broke my heart but i plugged em when they got to the otherside;)