PDA

View Full Version : New Gun Decision

Adrenaline_Junkie
03-07-2004, 12:29 PM
I just had my birthday and need to know what you guys think i should get. Vote and post your opinion. Please dont suggest a gun not on the list (unless ive missed a really big contender). I already have a mag so thats why its not on the pole. Thanks

paint magnet
03-07-2004, 12:38 PM
Out of the ones you listed, I'd go with the Angel. But I would strongly recommend an AKALMP Viking or Excalibur, as you won't be able to get one for much longer and they just plain rip straight out of the box. You can get a WAS boarded Viking w/ razorblade trigger, Dye sticky grips, Soda can mod, javelin barrel and a padded case for 875. Insane ROF, low pressure, very efficient, quiet, ACE capable, durable, great customer service and great parts stock (tornado valve, lightning bolt, Sidewinder reg, etc.)

Adrenaline_Junkie
03-07-2004, 12:42 PM
Why arent vikings going to be available for much longer?

Barfly
03-07-2004, 01:37 PM
aka isn't making them anymore, because of SP. Also they are a much bigger company and paintball is just a side thing from what I heard.

bunkermaster10
03-07-2004, 01:54 PM
Well I also would get a viking. Check at the Sale threads on the AKA forum. I voted the cyborg. Those two are the top guns right now IMO. Cyborg and Viking> anything!

1stdeadeye
03-07-2004, 02:17 PM
Well Timmies are nice and Mainke did an awesome job with the Empire Intimidator. Were you looking new or used?

Also since they settled with SP, Timmys will be around for a while!:D

Adrenaline_Junkie
03-07-2004, 03:35 PM
I think im gonna go for the cyborg.

magman007
03-07-2004, 03:41 PM
hmm, cyborgs are nice... but i reccomend the matrix. The dye matrix is a hard deal to beet. Just because the dm4 is out, doesnt mean that the matrix of old is any worse than it was before.

The matrix if you get it from dye comes with eyes, which is a great thing. The trix is fast as all hell, and it will not dissapoint you. they smoothe in their opperation too, meaning little to no barrel rise when you are shooting it.

the trix combined with an evolve bolt kit, will get you insane efficiency, but the stock image bolt is very nice as well.

I would strongly reccomend a trix out of all of them on the list. I made a huge mistake trading my trix for an angel speed, and i was dissapointed. now, im saving for a dm4.

just... look into the trix.

paint magnet
03-07-2004, 04:01 PM
If you decide to get a Viking you are not limited to buying used...

AKA halted production but the lawsuit has no effect on what was already produced. Thus, anyone with Vikings or Excaliburs in stock can still sell them.

And, of course, Vikings, Intimidators, Cyborgs, Bushmasters, Impulses and Angels are all essentially the same designs, (open bolt stacked tube electropneumatic), and over time this design has proven very reliable. Matrices work in an entirely different way...though I've heard if you don't mess with them you'll be fine. It's just something to think about, since the design hasn't been around as long.

FallNAngel
03-07-2004, 04:19 PM
Personally, the choice is between a Matrix and Cyborg, though I'm more than likely going to get a Cyborg. Lighter, as fast, and less maintenance. The one thing I like about the Cyborg is there's no forward / backward pulse to worry about.. though I'm not sure the bolt pressure can go as low as the Matrix.

TheDuelist
03-07-2004, 06:51 PM
I own a Cyborg and love the thing. Its fast, relaible and extremely light. It is a very stable shooting platform which has helped with accuracy and the efficiency is really good. It is definitely a wise choice.

UltimatePaintballer
03-07-2004, 07:28 PM
get a raced cocker, when the new pinless frames come out, and then turtle it. awesome piece of machine right there. either that or the new a4 fly's.

joshweinerhead
03-07-2004, 07:32 PM
Cyborg .. one guy had one at PBX today and it absolutely owned all ... it was so sick

Mag_SEAL-6
03-07-2004, 07:42 PM
I voted cyborg. They're supposed to be pretty damn sweet. They run at about 900 msrp.

TheDuelist
03-08-2004, 01:58 PM
980 through paintballkingdom.com