PDA

View Full Version : i want to get a fill station

Mag Master 04
03-07-2004, 02:32 PM
any one got any info that i would need...like a list of things i would need? i want to be able to fill nitrogen or compressed air, how do u go about doing this, if there is alot if threads on here already about this than someone please direct me in that area...thanks a bunch guys

RRfireblade
03-07-2004, 08:00 PM
Simplist and likely the cheapest?

Get a scuba tank and one of these.....

http://us.st8.yimg.com/store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1780_69690202

http://www.actionvillage.com/031-9000.html

Done.

yeahthatsme
03-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by RRfireblade
Simplist and likely the cheapest?

Get a scuba tank and one of these.....

http://us.st8.yimg.com/store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1780_69690202

http://www.actionvillage.com/031-9000.html

Done.

or if you have the money like 3 scubas and that, the you can cascade the fills getting bigger fills for longer(by cascade i mean filling off of the tanks in order every time you fill)

Mag Master 04
03-07-2004, 10:24 PM
im lookin for a complete set up, all i gotta do is get my bulk tanks filled...where can i find that, and for a descent price and about what is the price ranges for that stuff

-=Squid=-
03-07-2004, 10:53 PM
If you can find a boat dock, they would do it. Its like 3.50 around here to have a scuba tank filled at the boat dock.

Mag Master 04
03-08-2004, 09:19 PM
well i am still out of the loop as to everything i would need and where to get it all

RRfireblade
03-08-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Mag Master 04
well i am still out of the loop as to everything i would need and where to get it all

I'm not sure where your lost?

Do you have a bulk HP air tank?

If not you need one.The simplest bulk HP tank to buy and get filled is a Scuba tank.

If you DO have a bulk HP air tank,then you need to find a place that will fill it.(Welding supply,or other 'Gas' suppliers)

If your using a non-standard HP bulk air tank(other than a scuba tank for instance),you will need to buy or build a manifold the will connect the bulk tank to a typical paintball quick disconnect.It must have a on/off valve capable of handling 3000psi+ and have some sort of bleed off valve.

If you DO get/have a Scuba you only need the fill station I previously posted to connect the Scuba tank to your HPA tank and start filling them yourself.

zacbot
03-08-2004, 10:30 PM
how safe is it to fill ones own tank? ive heard that you better know what your doing or you might get yourslef hurt...

Mag Master 04
03-09-2004, 10:49 PM
RR, i have nothing as of now thats why im gettin all the info i can, i like the way u broke it down simple like and all, that gave me the info i need, i just gotta find a scuba and i need to buy a nice thing liek u posted earlier...do those fill stations come with all the supplies needed to connect it to a scuba?

RRfireblade
03-10-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Mag Master 04
RR, i have nothing as of now thats why im gettin all the info i can, i like the way u broke it down simple like and all, that gave me the info i need, i just gotta find a scuba and i need to buy a nice thing liek u posted earlier...do those fill stations come with all the supplies needed to connect it to a scuba?

No prob,that's why we're here.;)

As for the Scuba,the fill station I posted will connect right to a standard Scuba tank and your paintball HPAs fill nipple connects right to that.

You simply connect the fill station to the Scuba then your HPA Pball tank to the station.Close the bleed valve(small knob on the station)and open the scuba valve,very slowly.Watch your gauges and allow it to fill as slow as possible for the least amount of heat build up.If you fill it to quckly it can and will get HOT.You don't want that.Just take your time,it will only take a minute or so anyway.Then,close the Scuba valve and open the bleed valve.This will release the air pressure in the fill station and then pop the Pball tank from the quick release and your done.

Jay.

GT
03-10-2004, 01:33 PM
I highly suggest using the AGD SS QD's. they are very very nice and dam tuff!

Oh_Davey
03-10-2004, 03:54 PM
this seems pretty simple, and since theres no HPA around me i might try it, but where can you buy scuba tanks and for how much. Also, where can you get the bulk tanks filled?