PDA

View Full Version : Wire Nubbin Problems...

Paintchucker
09-24-2001, 10:44 AM
I am having problems with the Wire Nubbin Ball Detente on the barrel. I recently put in a new parts kits on my minimag. I noticed that the old Wire Nubbins had a little zig-zag in the wire that forms the ball detente, while the newer ones seem to have a loop at the end. I installed it and it seemed fine, but when I pulled the barrel off, I notice that the little loop had been hit by the bolt and bent up into the barrel. It also scratched up the front edge of my bolt. How do I prevent this??? Is there anywhere to get the old style Wire Nubbin??? Please help!

Thanks in Advance,
Rob

Load SM5
09-24-2001, 11:11 AM
The ones with the v are actually the newer style, I think. Just call AGD to get the v-style. It also sounds like you have your nubbins in too far. Take them off and bend them so that they only stick out inside the barrel about the thickness of a matchbook cover.

Paintchucker
09-24-2001, 12:53 PM
Thanks! I will give them a call. Not sure if they are new style or maybe reverting back to old style as the one "z-style" I still have is more than 4 years old.

duffman
09-24-2001, 01:38 PM
agd went back to the older style.less problem with it

PyRo
09-24-2001, 01:42 PM
The V stylye were the first ones people where breaking them, because they didn't ajust them correctly. To fix this problem, they went to the P style, the P has problems, with the new bolt, breaking, and messing up barrels. In response to this, they went back to the V style, and are now working on a new type of nubbin, which should last :)