PDA

View Full Version : think i have a problem with a LVL 6

thecavemankevin
03-08-2004, 12:42 PM
a friend of mine that hasn't played since the dark ages asked me to look at this mag cause it was leaking out the back. The serial number is CF08056. The thing that makes me think that this is pre LVL 7 is that the on/off set up is completly different than a LVL 7. This only has a small on/off silver looking cap that just sits on top of the on/off assy.

well anyways, i think he might need a new piston because i replaced the piston o-ring and still leaking like crazy. Furhtermore i am not sure if the current LVL 7 piston that i can purchase in the store will work...anyone have any ideas?

Gadget
03-08-2004, 01:19 PM
Doubt if that's a L6 valve - I've got a much earlier CF # valve which is a L7. You'd be able to tell if it's a L6 by checking under the bumper - if it has a c-clip it's L6, if not it's L7.

Sounds more like a L7 valve with an aftermarket on/off.

If you've double checked all the o-rings, I'd buy a new L7 reg piston, it should fit fine.

thecavemankevin
03-08-2004, 03:28 PM
ok, well it is deffinatly not an aftermarket on/off...or atleast i doubt it.

i will try to take pics later

from agd store
http://store.airgun.com/images/product/348.jpg

this is what a normal lvl 7 on/off assy looks like. the one that my friend has, the valve is machined differently and would not accept this. The on/off hole in the valve is just large enough to accept the on/off pin (same pin as a regular lvl 7 on/off). but it doesn't have the room for the brass piece. It just has a small silver plate that the on/off pin goes into and the plate covers the same tephlon (white oring) and the oring that goes around the outside of the white oring. plus these orings are right near the top of the valve rather than down inside it like a normal lvl 7....???????

kevdupuis
03-08-2004, 06:28 PM
What you have is an after market Reactor on/off assy, no better than stock. I had one in my old classic for a very short period of time. I still have the kit, here's a pic.
http://www.hunt101.com/img/114218.jpg

thecavemankevin
03-09-2004, 10:27 AM
kevdupuis: ahh, i guess i should have looked a bit closer. i just pulled the pin out along with that silver top and said this isn't normal. The rest didn't look like it would come out, so i didn't try. But that is exactly it. I think i have a stock on/off around here somewhere....????

yeah, i doubt many people would pay that kind of price for it nowa days, but you gota keep in mind 5-8 years ago mags were still king. So there were a bunch of aftermarket junk that really didn't help at all, but they were still expensive cause pb players in general just like speding. Think about all the expensive up's for guns right now!

my local store still have a bunch of misc aftermarket bolt and 8 hole mods that never sold....doubt they ever will for 30-50 in price ranges.