PDA

View Full Version : Cocker/Mags/whats more accurate?

Big Head
03-08-2004, 01:11 PM
I was wondering where cockers got this reputaion of being so accurate. I've shot cocker, shockers, angels, and just about ever else out there and was never that inpressed at any marker being dead on accurate at a range of more than a hundred feet. It is so true about paint to barrel match that gives you all the accuracy, so whats up with the rep, and what do you think the most accurate gun is?

rehme
03-08-2004, 01:22 PM
cockers seem more accurate because they have more elves

LeatherPants
03-08-2004, 01:28 PM
The most accurate marker is the one in my hands.;)

arsonpaintball06
03-08-2004, 02:18 PM
cockers do have more elves....i've heard the elves in the new 04' cockers can make you a cup of tea if you ask nicely:)

68magOwner
03-08-2004, 03:30 PM
translation- no marker is more accurate than any other marker ;)

Chronobreak
03-08-2004, 04:10 PM
yes however the elves in the cockers can act up causing malfunctions the agd elves are wel taken care of and work harder :)

Off Center
03-09-2004, 04:15 PM
The most accurate marker is one that doesn't shoot . . . each time you pull the trigger, you know exactly where the ball will end up.

TecnoRobo
03-09-2004, 07:18 PM
that is honestly the best theory i've heard, and probably the most accurate to.

Morally0Confused
03-09-2004, 09:21 PM
hey the gnomes in my mag are pretty smart

spacedtedybear
03-09-2004, 09:40 PM
To quote a comic on Doc's Whiteboard; " Want more accuracy? Aim for once".

shaunyoung000
03-09-2004, 10:46 PM
Elves, half the time my mag has orcs running around in it beating the bejesus out of my balls. My cocker, well it always has the orcs. I like my mag better tho

Evil1
03-10-2004, 02:21 AM
These cocker vs. mag threads always seem to bring the smart a** out of everyone.

Accuracy has little to do with the individual gun. Great accuracy is achieved by a good paint to bore match. Paintballs are only so accurate though, they don't always go where you would like them to, but if you are shooting decent paint with a good match to your barrel, your accuracy will be pretty good with any gun.

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
03-10-2004, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by LeatherPants
The most accurate marker is the one in my hands.;)

Yeah just asked the many teamates he has taken out with it.

Duke of Lawnchair
03-10-2004, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by USAF-Flyboy with a Mag

Yeah just asked the many teamates he has taken out with it.

It sure was accurate...

Quickling
03-10-2004, 11:21 AM
yes however the elves in the cockers can act up causing malfunctions the agd elves are wel taken care of and work harder

The reason the cocker elves keep acting up is they are trying to go on strike. You see the thing of it is the mag elves union is much stronger and a while ago they got a new contract that installed more safety equipement, preventing their little heads from being chopped in half.

The cocker elves found this out and rumor on the street is that their union will strike for similiar safegaurds to be installed into the cocker.

:p

jtoothman25
03-10-2004, 01:08 PM
Do you think the detent system would change the spin on the balls?

Dayspring
03-10-2004, 01:10 PM
No, cuz the ball is actually past the detents when it fires.

badinfo
03-10-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by TecnoRobo
that is honestly the best theory i've heard, and probably the most accurate to.

Now now, no theory is any more accurate than any other....:D

No sKiLLz
03-10-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Quickling

The reason the cocker elves keep acting up is they are trying to go on strike. You see the thing of it is the mag elves union is much stronger and a while ago they got a new contract that installed more safety equipement, preventing their little heads from being chopped in half.

The cocker elves found this out and rumor on the street is that their union will strike for similiar safegaurds to be installed into the cocker.

:p

That is the dumbest, most absurd thing I have ever read. It has nothing to do with new safety equipment. It has to do with the bolt system. In an open bolt system the elves can get more sun and fresh air, which leads to happy, healthier, and tanner elves. Closed bolt elves don't respond as well because of their environment.

Though I hear they installed stripper poles in the Karnivore Cocker.

FalconGuy016
03-10-2004, 04:05 PM
kokers r mor akurat b/c i gogged 40 ppl last time i played at world cup 2003 wit my koker

TraXeR
03-10-2004, 04:23 PM
I haven't read all the replies, but accuracy is mainly summed up from good paint/bore match and good air consistency from your fps (feet per second, how fast the ball travles per second once it leaves the barrel). If you have a 'perfect' bore match and your accuracy is +/- 2 fps, it will be WAY more accurate than using smallest bore paint in the biggest bore barrel with fps fluctuations of +/- 20 fps.

Hope that helps :)

03-10-2004, 06:25 PM
From the WGP FAQ :

Is it true, Worr Games makes the best marker ever?
Yes, afraid it's true, its called the Autococker® Marker.

Morally0Confused
03-10-2004, 06:58 PM
look i stuffed a few smurfs in my mag and it does just fine
as long as the paint is blue