PDA

View Full Version : Q-pods are not clips!!

trains are bad
03-08-2004, 06:22 PM
I just got off the Q-pod site. It says 'clip based loading'.

NOO!!!!

MAGAZINE based. Magazine. They mean magazine.

It's a mag, people, not a 'clip'.

Nexus
03-08-2004, 06:27 PM
I really have no idea what the difference is. If you are going to post a topic like this, then please explain this to those of us who do not know. Although, I have to ask why it actually matters at all.

trains are bad
03-08-2004, 06:29 PM
http://000buck.d2g.com/firearms/thereisadifference2.jpg

sneakyhacker420
03-08-2004, 06:32 PM
and this is truly important to AO because...

trains are bad
03-08-2004, 06:36 PM
Because it IS. Maybe some people care to look like they know what they're talking about. Language is important.

I know I'm glad someone told me about paintball, and not to call paintballs 'ammo' and say I was a sniper, so's not to look like a total newb. For those that care, there you go.

sneakyhacker420
03-08-2004, 06:50 PM
you'd be better off emailing this to q-loader, not announcing it to AO

thecavemankevin
03-08-2004, 07:11 PM
well i am glad he posted it, i now know the diff. however i think it would have been best posting this in one of the other 100+ q loader threads going on right now

thanx

frenchman309
03-08-2004, 07:18 PM
This is the paintball talk forum. He found a subject on paintball he wanted to talk about, no need to criticize him for doing it.

acropilot19
03-08-2004, 07:21 PM
I like the way he responded
:p

deathstalker
03-08-2004, 09:28 PM
Clip vs. Magazine

That's what I learned today. :) But as long as we are keeping words like "ammo", "sniper", and "kills" out of paintball, lets leave out "clip" and "magazine" and just call them "pods" and "loaders". ;)

WARPED1
03-08-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by trains are bad
I just got off the Q-pod site. It says 'clip based loading'.

NOO!!!!

MAGAZINE based. Magazine. They mean magazine.

It's a mag, people, not a 'clip'. Clip is slang for magazine:rolleyes: .....kids today!:p

UltimatePaintballer
03-08-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
Clip is slang for magazine:rolleyes: .....kids today!:p

thats what i was thjinking

trains are bad
03-08-2004, 09:48 PM
Clip is slang for magazine .....kids today!

Yeah, especially among counterstrike and SOCOM players :rolleyes:

RRfireblade
03-08-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
Clip is slang for magazine:rolleyes: .....kids today!:p

Only for those that have no idea there is a difference.

In paintball,I could care less.

But it does bother me when I hear "hand me another 'clip'" at the range when it's NOT a clip.

But to each his own newbness.;)

WARPED1
03-08-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by trains are bad

Yeah, especially among counterstrike and SOCOM players :rolleyes: Never played either game, I like RTS games.

fallout11
03-09-2004, 10:12 AM
Paintballs ARE ammo, Trains. At least, for paintball games.
Sorry, mate.

Technically, any projectile launched or fired by a "gun" constitutes "ammunition", or "ammo" for short.

Ahh, but what would I know about it, I've only been playing for 18 years......

wageslave
03-09-2004, 12:42 PM
The word "clip" has been used as slang for "magazine" for almost as long as there have been magazine-fed weapons, it's not exactly a new term.

Jack & Coke
06-13-2004, 02:21 PM
http://000buck.d2g.com/firearms/thereisadifference2.jpg

LOL! That's awesome...

One of my friends went through police academy. He told me there was this cadet who kept saying "clip" instead of "magazine" in a confident "I know more than you" attitude. The drill instructor made him wear a big oversized paper clip as a necklace whenever they were at the firing range. The guy never said "clip" by mistake again... :rofl:

Intelligent people with high firearms IQ NEVER say "clip" when refering to a "magazine"

Ignorant people with low firearms IQ ALWAYS say "clip" when refering to "magazine"

The Spanish Inquisition
06-13-2004, 02:43 PM
what about the "clip" that is used with the M1 Garand? is that a magazine? because it is actually held inside the gun. So does the gun have an internal magazine, or is the clip actually a magazine? :p

Pickle
06-13-2004, 02:58 PM
I believe the M1 actually used a clip. Trains, good topic and well thought out response. Yes, it is paintball related because it is relating to a paintball product. I just hope this thread does not go the way of "is mil-sim bad for paintball's image?".

Regarding slang terms Clip vs. Magazine and being interchangeable. Q-loader is a manufacturer and a business. Personally, when I see a business is using incorrect terminology or incorrect english I wonder about the other aspects of the company. So, (and I know this may sound nit picky) unless the company is being run by 14 year old kids I will wonder about the company.............just a little :rolleyes:

personman
06-13-2004, 03:04 PM
Ahhhh thread ressurection!

Mister Sinister
06-13-2004, 03:22 PM
To answer the Garand question. The clip that is shown on the left is whats called a "stripper clip" what you do is you place the end of it in a set of grooves above the magazine then push the cartridges off of it and into the magazine then the clip is removed you close the bolt and your ready to go. The difference with a Garand is that the whole clip and cartridges slide into the magazine of the gun. When the last shot is fired the empty clip is ejected out of the magazine.

Pickle
06-13-2004, 03:23 PM
Ahhhh thread ressurection!

http://www.carlbloch.com/castle/resurrection.jpg

AutomagRT1483
06-13-2004, 03:38 PM
They look like pods to me. Not clips or magazines.

Creative Mayhem
06-13-2004, 03:49 PM
If I may... I would like to quote my friend Mango from the "Paintballers are ricers at heart thread....

Seriously....what is happening to AO..... :sleeping:

The Spanish Inquisition
06-13-2004, 04:19 PM
I blame bananaman and friends. Ever since they arrived this place is becomming more and more like some of those other forums.

Down with BANNANAMAN.

Destructo6
06-13-2004, 05:59 PM
what about the "clip" that is used with the M1 Garand? is that a magazine? because it is actually held inside the gun. So does the gun have an internal magazine, or is the clip actually a magazine?
The Garand and Steyr Mannlicher, among very few, use an Ebloc clip to load the rifle's magazine. You may be accurate in claiming that the Enbloc clip becomes part of the magazine when inserted, but the Enbloc clip, in and of itself, is not a magazine.

XbeasleyX
06-13-2004, 06:55 PM
Firearms are firearms , Paintball is Paintball. I think everyone just needs to quit their whining about misuse of firearms terms in paintball on forums and just inform somone in person if they misuse a term. sheesh.

rx2
06-13-2004, 07:52 PM
Ahh, such a topic brings back fond memories of one that arose last year. Do you remember that one, J&C?

Jack & Coke
06-13-2004, 11:27 PM
vaguely... I'm just happy to see someone else who knows the difference between a "clip" and a "magazine".

When you grow up around firearms and strick training (Dad), you learn there is always a right way, and a wrong way to approach firearms... from safe handling habits to knowing the proper name of gun parts.

Maybe it's just how I was brought up... in any case, ALL of my friends who either are in law enforcement, or the military know which is which, and none of them ever eroneously refer to a magazine as a clip.

Whether people choose to use "clip" or "magazine" is no big deal. I really don't care. They have every right to look ignorant.

I just hope this thread helps those who didn't know the difference learn something new. Whether or not they choose to use this knowledge is up to them...

rx2
06-14-2004, 07:06 PM
I had no choice but to learn - my father was a police officer, and before that in the military, as were most of his friends. I also knew a few troops of all branches. Although, I must say that it amazes me how little some of today's troops and officers know of the tools they use to keep themselves alive.

dansim
06-15-2004, 08:04 AM
hmmmm yep i was in the army and ..wait, shoot i thought i had it but it seems i still could care less...actually no i couldnt

now dance for me my whores!

:clap: :bounce: :dance: :bounce: :dance: :bounce: :clap:

Head knight of Ni
06-15-2004, 08:31 AM
No love for the belt Ammo. :tard:

Jack & Coke
06-15-2004, 09:01 AM
hmmmm yep i was in the army and ..wait, shoot i thought i had it but it seems i still could care less...actually no i couldnt

no dance for me my whores!

:clap: :bounce: :dance: :bounce: :dance: :bounce: :clap:

Section 8's don't count...

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/7575/klinger2.gif

lol... ;)