PDA

View Full Version : an expensive gun bag

Kellen_p8nt
03-08-2004, 06:37 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3665152951&category=47250

If you read the description closely it says the auction is for the body glove and not the gun(i dont think)besides a fly lcd is worth more than that.

Someone is getting screwed.

zacbot
03-08-2004, 06:40 PM
i think that is terrible, thats why we always email the person doing the selling before bidding

lbonettosd
03-08-2004, 06:41 PM
Yea but look at the persons feedback rating (88%). I hate to think like this, but I think he/she probably setup the ad like that on purpose.

poolshark5226
03-08-2004, 06:53 PM
you dont have to read the description closely to see that he's selling a gun bag...
if you read the description, which so clearly explains that its a body glove and still bid, you deserve to spend $187+ on it.

rpm07
03-08-2004, 07:47 PM
I read it close and it does not say anywhere it is ONLY for the gun bag

Pictured: 2001 Fly LCD Angel with BODY Glove.
Your Bidding on a ANGEL -LCD 2001 Body Glove, for an angel. It is in great condition and was well kept up with. Happy bidding! Shipping will be $6.50 Thanks

to me it very hard to tell by the above description

frenchman309
03-08-2004, 08:00 PM
That's messed up. Some poor guy is going to get ripped off hardcore.

MrWallen
03-08-2004, 08:21 PM
It says that you're bidding on the body glove, not the angel itself.
Not very truthful tactic if you ask me.

TheDoveDecends
03-08-2004, 08:32 PM
Your Bidding on a ANGEL -LCD 2001 Body Glove ..

I think thats enough, and considering the bid was started at $1, thats just a lack of common sense. I really dont feel sorry for the winner, because honestly.. if your to stupid to read and question if you have to.. then its your fault.

rpm07
03-08-2004, 08:51 PM
First off I have see auctions for $100,000 cars start off at $1 so that does not matter. Second do they make gun bags for differnt guns or is it a 1 size fits all. Because all the ones I have ever seen are a one size bag. And unless you are trying to screw someone you would put down auction is for bag only.
And not put in the description
2001 Fly LCD Angel with BODY Glove.
The description is to tell people what the auction if for

MrWallen
03-08-2004, 08:54 PM
The Angel WITH Glove is what's PICTURED, not what he's selling. So he's not lying outright. But it's still shady.

yeahthatsme
03-08-2004, 08:59 PM
better then the guy selling a4 POSTERS for like 800 bux each...

Albinonewt
03-08-2004, 09:01 PM
I can't believe that auction.

I want to bid on it just so I get his address....

rpm07
03-08-2004, 09:02 PM
EBAY is great place to get screwed. You can find some good deals but just as easy get the shaft. People just have to use there heads but most people dont they just look at the pretty pics and bid.

WARPED1
03-08-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by rpm07
I read it close and it does not say anywhere it is ONLY for the gun bag

Your Bidding on a ANGEL -LCD 2001 Body Glove, for an angel. It is in great condition and was well kept up with. Happy bidding! Shipping will be $6.50 Thanks

to me it very hard to tell by the above description
Originally posted by rpm07

Your Bidding on a ANGEL -LCD 2001 Body Glove, for an angel.

Right there, plain as day!

rpm07
03-08-2004, 09:11 PM
Like I said I did not know they made gun bags for a certain year and gun.
ANGEL -LCD 2001 Body Glove

PaInTbAlLeR476
03-08-2004, 09:18 PM
I beleive its Redz that makes a bag for like, a spyder and angel, or a cocker, as for specific year, they dont do that.

wimag
03-08-2004, 10:04 PM
shady listing. The seller knows exactly the play on words and is setting someone up to be a sucker.

Just like the seller on ebay who sold me a "NEW" bushy and even lied to me after a couple emails that it was new(it was used) I hope this seller gets his teeth kicked in for doing this.

MrWallen
03-08-2004, 10:20 PM
I'd never use EBay, just don't trust it, WAY too many stories about people getting screwed over.

WARPED1
03-08-2004, 10:30 PM
I've used it without a hitch. You just have to be careful and be thorough.
I emailed that guy about the gun, still waiting..............

f3rr3+
03-08-2004, 10:42 PM
its not like it was clearly labled or anything in the description... :rolleyes:

GTakacs
03-08-2004, 10:43 PM
I have played good samaritan and e-mailed all the top bidders of the item. Then I reched the maximum allowed daily e-mail limit so I couldn't send it to the bottom ones. Here is what I sent:

Hey, I saw you're bidding on a Angel LCD bag. I hope you noticed that the auction is not for the marker you only get the bag!

It's a pretty expensive bag the way I look at it! If all you really wanted was the bag, I apologize for harrasing you. Otherwise you better cancel your bid before it's too late!

On Automags.org there is already a thread about it: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128525

Good luck!

Greg Takacs

I think I'll also report the listing to Ebay as the title is deceiving (It lists it as a marker not as a marker acessory or bag, there is no mention of bag in the title)

The seller has a crappy feedback profile to start with, I wouldn't even bid on it, even if it was for a marker.

At any rate, I am a firm believer of natural selection and darwinism, but I have enough humanity not to let someone get screwed this bad.

GTakacs
03-08-2004, 10:49 PM
I feel all better now!

I sent the following to Ebay:

The above item is clearly set up to deceive people. It is set up to look like the auction is for a very expensive paintball gun, when it truth the most anyone will get is a $25 bag. Here is an example of such bag: http://www.redzcomfort.com/storefront/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=9

The title fails to state that the auction is for a bag and the picture depicts the paintball gun with the bag, and then it states the auction is for the bag in a very deceiving fashion.

Please deal with it according to your policies.

WARPED1
03-08-2004, 10:59 PM
I emailed ebay as well...........

GTakacs
03-08-2004, 11:09 PM
So far I've got response from two of the bidders, they both misunderstood the thing. They both cancelled their bids too!

SirTim
03-09-2004, 12:21 AM
This auction is totally BS. It's definitely a setup for people who doesn't read carefully.

It deceptive because the auction title doesn't say anything about what this guy is selling. He auction a paintball marker bag and he words it like he is selling a paintball marker. He also lists it in the markers category to trick people. If you look at the category, its under sports > sporting goods > paintball > markers > Angel instead of paintball > other items.

I am glad you guys point it out to ebay and emailed the bidder. :)

GTakacs
03-09-2004, 06:06 PM
Well my attempts to stop people from bidding have gone to waste. There is a sucker who will shell out $370 for that bag.....

Too bad :(.

I just hope that Ebay will do something about the seller, it gets my blood boiling....

Albinonewt
03-09-2004, 08:38 PM
Did you guys go to the seller's website?

I can't believe this lowlife plans to sell paintball stuff!

This clown needs to get shut down.

Oregon_pb_
03-09-2004, 08:52 PM
The seller needs to be banned.

The ppl bidding on it, yeah they probably should read stuff a little closer and ask questions, because his listing is confusing! Look at the title! just when you read the description yeah its only the bag... If someone shells out $370, i guess they will learn next time. But the seller is my main concern. I emailed EBAY as well, i hate ppl like that. Absolutly hate them. Theives should have no rights.. Like if I wanted to fly to where ever he lives to beat him down, I should be able to.. Right?

:p

tony3
03-09-2004, 08:59 PM
My therory with ebay most of the time, if its too good to be true, then he's probably ripping you off. The only expection would be if hes got great feedback. Personally, if anyone is dumb enough to bid on that bag, I hope they get "ripped" off. Considering you see so many auctions like that every day.