PDA

View Full Version : q-pods and harnesses

Nexus
03-08-2004, 06:42 PM
I noticed that the q-loader web site mentioned that the pods do not fit in some packs, but it doesn't give any kind of list as to which ones. I want to purchase a pack to use with my yet-to-be-purchased q-loader, but I do obviously do not want to get a pack that will not work with it. Anyone have any information on which packs work and which do not? I am specifically looking at getting a Redz pack; and, more specifically, probably this pack: http://www.actionvillage.com/040-7401-2.html#

trains are bad
03-08-2004, 06:47 PM
It says on the site that the MAGAZINES fit in topstitsh m-packs.

M-packs kick *** too.

FutureMagOwner
03-08-2004, 06:54 PM
i have a redz pack and q loader and the pods do fit :)

acropilot19
03-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by trains are bad

M-packs kick *** too.

Hey Trains,
I just bought a 6 tube horizontal m-pack on ebay & was wonderin how yours works for you.
Thanks

trains are bad
03-08-2004, 10:06 PM
I have a 3 horizontal, very nice. Best pack I've had so far. I think you'll be happy with it.

Digits
03-08-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Nexus
I noticed that the q-loader web site mentioned that the pods do not fit in some packs, but it doesn't give any kind of list as to which ones. I want to purchase a pack to use with my yet-to-be-purchased q-loader, but I do obviously do not want to get a pack that will not work with it. Anyone have any information on which packs work and which do not? I am specifically looking at getting a Redz pack; and, more specifically, probably this pack: http://www.actionvillage.com/040-7401-2.html#

It should fit in there .. I mean look at it.. The pods stick up from the top.. Therefor any length pod should fit.. It's just a matter of whether it gets in the way or not.

yaddatrance
03-09-2004, 01:36 AM
Orpheus and I ran our Q this last weekend and we went
through four different types of 140rd packs before
we found one that worked (sorta)... There are two
problems, one, the pods are roughly the same diameter
as a normal 140, but they are about 1 1/2 - 2 inches
longer... The velcro is 1" too short on two different Redz
packs he had. The one orph settled on was a third Redz 3.2,
one of the ones with no top, the problem was that the
plastic clip held the pods in a little too snugly and
he ended up pulling the top off on one of the pods during
a game. I ran with a "classic" APP (Allen) 5.1 140rd pod
carrier which held them just fine.

The method of reloading the pods is really different from
normal pods, so I'm hoping to find a pod system which
lets you grab them from the left.

evan123
03-09-2004, 01:50 AM
The one in the link will work.

demonguy8
03-09-2004, 02:55 AM
The qloader pods are WIDER than normal pods too... Not by much, but enough to make putting those suckers in VERY difficult to do in a hurry...

I work for PBgear.com and we had a guy come in witha qloader on his 2k3shocker.. Needless to say he was trying out different packs for 3 hours!!!! before he found ONE that fit...

I wasnt up front when he finally bought the one that worked (so I cant say for sure what it was :( ) but heres some tips on ones that did fit better:
OPEN ENDED TOPS ARE A MUST!!!! AND ELESTIC POD LOOPS WOULD HELP GREATLY (so they stretch out and can hold the extra girth, most of the stitched ones with kevlar loops or whatever dont give enough in the girth department)

Hope this helps...

-Jason

EDIT: The above is assuming the pack is BRAND NEW and not stretched out/worn in.... Im willing to bet a more worn in pack with open tops would work fine

Janixs
03-09-2004, 08:19 AM
Has anyone tried the JT slam pack?

thecavemankevin
03-09-2004, 10:19 AM
i am sure a jt slam pack will work because it is neoprean. and that is pretty stretchy

GTakacs
03-09-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by trains are bad

Dude, just let it go already! We all know you're the semantic and Webster guru by now!
It's getting boooriiiing...... :rolleyes:

orpheos
03-09-2004, 12:03 PM
Actually the pack I ended up using wasn't a Redz pack. Its actually MMM's old pack. Its still a little tight and I did pull the top off one of the pods. I'd like to find a pack that they can easily slide in and out of.

When I pulled the top off the one pod it was kind of funny. I was in the best bunker on the field (The Y at hyperball at Velocity) So I'm trying to pull a couple balls out at a time and fire, but in the 20 seconds I was messing with it the game was over. :D

So now I make sure I push the pod down from the top, then grab the body to pull it out. Where are these M-Packs? I'm looking but I can't find them.

MMM
03-09-2004, 01:05 PM
M-Pack will be at Huntington Breach Jas, we can get ou one there. They are the one's who sponsor Julio's team too so you can check out his pack. The old one of mine that he was using is actually the old version of te Joey&Co pack that is difficult to find (they were at the expo in Pomona) and is essentially the same as the WGP tactical harness. At least I think that's what they call it.

FutureMagOwner
03-10-2004, 05:10 PM
yeah i tried my redz today and managed to get 3 pods almost stuck ripped the top off another one without looking.... anyway i figured if i could use those jt pods that it would definantly fit a q good but it didnt i could get them on but i could get them out without problems... anyone want to look for something i could use my comfort belt with that will fit the pods? if not ill have to buy a new pack which is even more expensive :\ o well time to steal a couple of my brothers belts then lol (he weights like 100 pounds more than me so i could probably mount a couple pods around my chest or something LOL!)