PDA

View Full Version : Fell in love with my Mag... again!

Paintmanmike
03-08-2004, 07:29 PM
Have not posted in a long time, partly work and partly just kind of disenchanted with my Mag since I went Lvl 10. I never could get the velocity up above 275 without venting and even then I was suffering from tremendous velocity variations (average was like 250 +/- 25 fps). Lots of advice, tried them all but nothing worked. That low velocity took away a big part of my game and just left me kind of cold to the Mag.

:mad:

Recently I checked back on the board and saw that AGD finally brought out a Lvl 10 rated regulator body and I decided to give it one last try. Got it, put it in, and played with it on Saturday. To make a long story short it fixed all the problems and really made my Mag sing! I'm in love all over again, there are not many markers that can do that!

:D

The first time at the chrono it would only shoot 275 +/- 15, better but not great and a terrible gas hog. I shot my bottle (about 400 paintballs) and then I had to adjust it up again but this time it held +/-10 @ 280 and I could shoot 500. By the fourth time out I was able to shoot 288 +/- 2 fps and 600 or so shots out of 68/3000. Obviously something was breaking in.

Its amazing how much a difference that made in my game, with this setup my long ball came back, I'm not a back player by nature but I do find that its useful to use the long ball to push people into a bunker right before I move in order to get extra time to make a move.

I'm a happy Mag owner again.

frenchman309
03-08-2004, 07:56 PM
congrats on getting your mag to work. they really are sweet markers.

Ejp414
03-08-2004, 08:11 PM
Hmm, I'm having the same problem with mine... what is that you said fixed it? Level 10 Rated reg body?

gibby
03-08-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Ejp414
Hmm, I'm having the same problem with mine... what is that you said fixed it? Level 10 Rated reg body?
Get the new piston reg.