PDA

View Full Version : science fair project...

CHl2IS
09-24-2001, 01:45 PM
hey, does anyone know what i can do for a science proj. that is related to paintball? mods please dont move this to the friendly corner, because the ideas are due tomorrow. thanks

jas142
09-24-2001, 01:47 PM
How about work on gasses like c02 vs. nitrogen or the trajectory of a paintball and how gravity, wind, and rotation effect it? Sorry, thats all I can think of.

cphilip
09-24-2001, 02:25 PM
First off you must follow the scientific principle. Form an hypothesis (i.e. what do you want to find out and what do you think you will find out). A demonstrative project is a No No. It must involve a carefull set of repetitious experiments to prove or disprove the hypothesis. So you will need to determine your variables and constants. And form a control as well. Then you will conduct this set of experiments varying the "variables" and maintaining the COnstants (same conditions and eliminate any other reason for varied results other than the Variable) and collect data for support of your eventual conclusions. This is oversiplified but you can look up these Principles. Most of them I have stated.

I Judge these things all the time. All the steps of Scientific Principle should be there and presentation is then the next greatest factor.

Ok now to ideas...

OK you could assess the effects on temperture and even humidity on the ball. Constants being length of time out of the frig, Freezer, hot water etc and the FPS, barrel and Marker they are fired at. Variable being temperature. Control being room temperature. But wahts your hypothesis? Very important.

Example: I think that the denser the ball is it will fly farther! And so the cooler it is the denser that material will be and so it would fly further. You don't ahve to believe it and it might not be true but its what you want to find out. Get it?

So now how would you measure that? has to be constant method and explained well (thats a control too) And all other possible variables have to be eliminated as well. And it all has to be compaired to a "Control" to see if it actually went further (in this example). And then the humidity checked to eliminate that as a variable. So you end up with only the temperture vs. distance being measured. Hard to do but thats what a good project is all about. And then if thats not enough you have to demonstrate exactly what you did with Pictures, Graphs and Research so its readily obvious to anyone looking at your presentation what you did and what you found out.

Does that help? ;)

Miscue
09-24-2001, 03:47 PM
"Why Cockers Don't Get Better Range."

You could win State with that one. :)

klb311
09-24-2001, 03:48 PM
maybe the effect of porting in a barrel to how far the ball goes, or effect of length of barrel and distance.

zvanut
09-24-2001, 05:36 PM
the legnth of a barrel on distance, but that would be kinda hard

MikeCouves
09-25-2001, 01:49 PM
Well, last year I tested my Mag barrels to see which one was the most accurate. Hehe it was so easy and I got an A+. I was so proud to show up my science teacher with my paintball lingo :D.

MikeCouves
09-27-2001, 05:16 PM
Anyone know any more? I need one in a couple of days to pass in to the teacher. I want to do a cool paintball one...I don't want to be testing how much better plants grow when something pisses on it.