PDA

View Full Version : hey, i'm planning on upgrading & you guys are good at advice

PowerFedMag
09-24-2001, 03:30 PM
heh...yea, well I am considering upgrading my Mag so its more tournement ready, but I cant decide what to do.
My current setup is Co2 tank, to remote line, to Bottomline, to 6 stage x-chamber, to AIR valve.
Now, I really really want to keep my expansion chamber as fore-grip, so that has to stay.

I'm planning on getting a Stubby 68ci tank, and I need to find a cheap drop forward that goes about 3 inches forward, and 2.5 inches down, at a pretty steep angle as to not hit my "xc".

I also want to get a Palmer Stab. I don't kno what to do from there...
Should I just keep the setup, and slap on the on-gun tank, and get a sideline stab.?
Or should I reroute the air so it doesn't pass through the "xc" at all, and goes directly into Stab.? And, what kinda Stab. should I get? A tank, or sideline version?
I've heard that the "xc" will create shootdown, but a lot of ppl say that, that will not happen until you reach like 8-9 bps. I understand the Stab. can replace the AIR valve...why would you do that? and what would happen if u wanted an RT valve, not use the Stab. then???
AHHHHHH!!!!help me (and dont hate me for keeping the xc)

Army
09-24-2001, 03:46 PM
Well, to be technical about......this belongs in technical:)

Miscue
09-24-2001, 03:54 PM
All you need is the reg on your tank. Don't mess with extra stuff, it will not help you. You may want to change your expansion chamber for a gasthru foregrip.

DarkPhoenix
09-24-2001, 04:42 PM
I recomend you visit www.palmer-pursuit.com website. There are at least 2 other options that you could use besides the sideline. You could get the Female, which acts as a bottomline or the Male, which acts as a vertical regulator/foregrip.

DRAGONSLAYER
09-25-2001, 02:13 PM
Like was mentioned earlier, go with the gas-thru grip. I had a x-chamber on mine and decided to take it off, ran the line from asa to valve, call me crazy but I think I got rid of alot of shootdown. Especially during alot of rapid firing. I also noticed I was not using the grip so I lightened the gun as a bonus.
:)

mr_cool2588
09-25-2001, 02:27 PM
the whole xchamber creating shootdown is not true. If it happends going thrue an xchamber the same would happen with remotes,foregrips and regs.

DRAGONSLAYER
09-26-2001, 11:41 AM
mr_cool2588- I see your point, it must just be in my head. I
never thought about it like that. Thanks.

;)

PowerFedMag
09-26-2001, 01:01 PM
see I always thought the same thing, but everyone kept saying xc's gave shootdown too N2. But I'd think if they did do that, they'd give the most shootdown to CO2, since that has to expand and have the liquid get caught an left to expand...not N2 where it just goes straight through.

Temo Vryce
09-27-2001, 04:09 PM
OK here's my advice and that's all it is, advice. Take it or leave it.

1. The XC is nothing but added wieght. Buy a gas-thru grip or a normal front grip and by-pass it all together. As stated earlier the XC won't cause shoot down as it's nothing more than a big piece of pipe to the N2.

2. I'm not exactly sure what a stab is, but Palmer is a good name if it the cocker part manufacture. Now if a Stab is something that replaces one of the internal parts of the Mag, my advice is simple. DON'T DO IT!! Save your money, time and hair. Tom Kaye, made the Mag 99.9% perfect, don't ever change any of the internals for something non-AGD.

Well now that I have done some searching and I know what a stab is (Stabilizer), my advice to is that you should try running the Mag without it and see how well it works without it. Then if possible try and borrow one to use for a little while before you have to buy it. If you get a good N2 system you won't need it.

I'm done, but like I said. This is just my advice take or leave it.

renegade2k
09-27-2001, 05:16 PM
well first of all if you are running with nitro then u dont need a xc or a palmer stab. because its tripple regulating the air which u dont need. (one on the tank, the stab, and the A.I.R valve. if u like the feel of the xc then just leave it there and either bypass it or dont worry bout it, like someone said earlier its just a tube to nitro.

dgleason
09-28-2001, 01:33 PM
I started out with a mag my father had been running. The biggest upgrade you can do for the mag is go Retro. There is 100% better preformance over the standard valve. But if you go retro you have to go Compressed air. Get a gas through grip. That is it, You can't up grade the gun anymore. You have one of the best automag on the field. Maybe some day they will come up with an electric trigger frame for the retro valve. When that day come I will own one.

belligerant1
09-28-2001, 05:48 PM
they already make hyperframes for the retro-valve, my friend has one, and a female stabilizer on it. no shootdown at higher speeds than his revvy can feed, so i never want to hear that regs give you shootdown ever again.

dgleason
09-28-2001, 05:53 PM
? for you. How does you friend like the hyperframe, and where did he get it.

belligerant1
09-28-2001, 08:07 PM
you can order them off of any website or go to any good store and get a hyperframe. it's great, he loves it.