PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else think this is wrong?

Koosh
03-09-2004, 02:20 AM
"I just bought (insert name of $1000+ Gun here), what should I put on it?"

Is it just me, or if you are buying $1000 worth of paintball gun, shouldn't it HAVE everything you want on it?

Or is it just our urge to customize the gun? Does your new Lasoya timmy really NEED all those upgrades? Why doesn't it come stock like that?

I can understand wanting a lowrise instead of a highrise, or something along those lines, but I guess AGD spoiled me... if the gun needed it, it would have come from the factory...

Off Center
03-09-2004, 02:28 AM
I think that a bigger question is why a person needs advice from the rest of the population to decide what to do.

tyrion2323
03-09-2004, 02:47 AM
Yeah - I don't get it either. Why spend that much money when you're not even going to keep the parts? If you want to upgrade a marker, get a Spyder, put the ONE kit into it, get a new bolt, a new feedneck, new grips, a reg, etc... It'll cost 500 total

But why spend 1100 on a marker and ditch the parts? Also, why don't those markers come with options for the different feednecks/whatever?

I bought an Omen for $350. The only upgrade I've put on it is a Hybrid HedLok feedneck. Works fine. (though I test out Fear Factory's new parts, so I might end up putting in new stuff, just because of that)

It's all about marketing.

"that's a nice Timmy, but it SUCKS unless you buy this new feedneck! Well, now it's okay, but you STILL NEED the new bolt!"

Uhhh....

Glickman
03-09-2004, 02:58 AM
heh i understand waht u mean, everyone asks what the best upgrades are... and you wanna know the best upgrade of all? n-o-t-h-i-n-g. upgrades and third party parts are just gonna create a more likly chance of having another problem go wrong with the already very tempermental pball guns out there. i know im gonna get yelled at, but its true, while a new barrel or something is totally different, replacing rams, and that kind of stuff is just going to cut down on its reliability. thats kinda the reason i paid for a dye matrix... and wont "upgrade" it beyond a new lpr (dye rocket came defective).

chairman_mao
03-09-2004, 10:53 AM
I completely agree. These kinds of posts take up 75% of the space on most forums. And the other 25% is what kind of gun should I get? I mean come on. How are you gonna let a bunch of yahoos on the net tell you what you should spend your money on? And why can't any of these people do their own research? In the amount of time it takes to write a post and wait for people to reply you cuold have read countless amounts of info from a variety of different places and formulated your OWN opinion. Man I wish people would stop being so heard like. Ok my rant is done now. You all have a good day

bunkermaster10
03-09-2004, 10:59 AM
So guys what upgrade should I get for my viking?

:rolleyes:

Ya its kinda annoying.

shartley
03-09-2004, 11:00 AM
Hey, I am thinking of buying a Lamborghini Diablo. What upgrades should I get? Maybe some new rims? Maybe a huge 3 winged spoiler? I was also thinking I may get some flames painted on the side or something. Would new seat covers be a good idea, or a steering wheel wrap?

robdamanii
03-09-2004, 11:05 AM
So asking what barrel kit everyone prefers would be a dumb idea?

never knew that...

GoatBoy
03-09-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by shartley
Hey, I am thinking of buying a Lamborghini Diablo. What upgrades should I get? Maybe some new rims? Maybe a huge 3 winged spoiler? I was also thinking I may get some flames painted on the side or something. Would new seat covers be a good idea, or a steering wheel wrap?

Don't forget about the propeller thing on the back, and mudflaps. If you don't get those, the other 12-year old pimps will make fun of you.

GoatBoy
03-09-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Branden Minimag

I find it very amusing when somone buys a Spyder and upgrades the barrel to a Dye Titanium Boomstick. The barrel costs more than the gun. LOL, like the Boomstick will make you a "Pro". The gun is cheap to begin with so what do you expect? With all the upgrading that Spyder owners do, they might as well just order a Custom ULE RT from AGD for $500 bucks. My Spyder is stock because it shoots the same no matter what I add to it. A Spyder will always be a Spyder. You get what you pay for.

I think the quote "you get what you pay for" needs to be modified for paintball. I would change it to "You don't always get what you pay for. But you do get what you deserve."

I guess it's sort of a crossbreed between "you get what you pay for" and "a fool and his money are soon parted".

cphilip
03-09-2004, 05:49 PM
I'm thinking she needs a spanking... is that so wrong?

http://www.motorsportscooters.com/gallerypix/bajajThankYou.jpg

See? Chicks dig scooters! :D

Bad_Dog
03-09-2004, 06:05 PM
I'm thinking she needs a spanking... is that so wrong? is that the chick?... or the scooter?;)

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
03-09-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
I'm thinking she needs a spanking... is that so wrong?

http://www.motorsportscooters.com/gallerypix/bajajThankYou.jpg

See? Chicks dig scooters! :D

This thread is now worthwhile.

And should be stickied:p

Aegis
03-09-2004, 08:11 PM
The thing that gets me is that someone can blow $1,000 on a marker and not know what to do with it. If I was going to spend that kind of money I would have done some serious research beforehand.

This is kinda typical of the credit-card-kid phenomenon.

trains are bad
03-09-2004, 08:23 PM
http://pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=438372