PDA

View Full Version : How long does my E MAG take to charge fully?!

captain stabbin
03-09-2004, 01:50 PM
HEY ALL, i just recently gave up my speed for a ule bodied level 10 emag, i love it so far... even in mechanical mode they shoot fast as h$ll. At any rate, how long should it take to charge with the car charger from AGD ??? Its odd, i went to charge it, the red light came on signalling it was charging, then i pushed down the charger toward the battery and the green light goes on, i KNOW its not done charging because it was in there for like 5 seconds. Thanks.

Dayspring
03-09-2004, 02:22 PM
I usually charge mine overnight before playing.

It should turn green when the battery is about 80-90% charged and then trickle charge the rest of the way.

Mindflux
03-09-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
I usually charge mine overnight before playing.

It should turn green when the battery is about 80-90% charged and then trickle charge the rest of the way.

I thought I read somewhere not to leave it charging for more than 6 hours either.

captain stabbin
03-09-2004, 04:15 PM
okay .... so ..... does anyone know an approximate hour time so i dont have to accompany my battery when its charging...

BlackVCG
03-09-2004, 04:38 PM
I don't trust that charger one bit.

I leave it on for about 3-4hrs and then take it off. The green light will always be on by that time and it's charged enough for my standards.

Leaving it on overnight can get it too hot and kill some of the cells.

captain stabbin
03-09-2004, 04:42 PM
okay thanks, i will stick with about 4 hours. Thanks again.

paintpiggie
03-09-2004, 07:22 PM
i distinctly remember the manual saying
allow for a 2 hour charge with the car charger.

captain stabbin
03-10-2004, 02:01 PM
Wow, umm... i guess i will try 2.5 - 3 hours, because noone can give me an exact number and i do not have the manual as i bought my gun used... if anyone has any other responses let me know. thanks guys.

Southpaw
03-11-2004, 11:45 PM
Ok just D/L all of the manuals that you want and print them out. Here is the link http://www.airgun.com/manual.shtml have fun!

flyinasian016
03-13-2004, 01:36 AM
Can you buy a wall charger from AGD instead? im to young to have a car and i cant charge mine up except when im at my field i use someones car, and it really sucks.

BlackVCG
03-13-2004, 04:35 AM
The 12V regulated Power Supply from Radio Shack works well.

Just plug that into the wall and then the car charger into the PS and charge your battery that way.

captain stabbin
03-13-2004, 10:32 AM
thanks, i will be purchasing that Radio shack 12 vlt reg. source, but im still wondering the exact time it takes to charge, for whatever reason i can not download the manuals- so im still lost as to how long it takes. thanks again.

Havoc_online
03-13-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by captain stabbin
thanks, i will be purchasing that Radio shack 12 vlt reg. source, but im still wondering the exact time it takes to charge, for whatever reason i can not download the manuals- so im still lost as to how long it takes. thanks again.

BlackVCG just told you. Listen to him.

captain stabbin
03-13-2004, 06:21 PM
as i said im taking blacks adivice and goin to radio shack, but how will i know when the battery is done charging.... just dont want to mess anything up.

RRfireblade
03-13-2004, 06:43 PM
The only way to know for sure is the check it with a voltage meter with a load on it.

Charge it for a few hours,be sure to pull it before it starts to get warm.Check the voltage with a meter,put in the Mag and rip on it a couple of minutes and check it again.It should maintain the voltage within 1/2 a volt or so,if not it's either not fully charged or it's a bad battery.

Basically.