PDA

View Full Version : Magic Bolt??

Zagnut
09-24-2001, 03:53 PM
Two weeks ago, in our last practice before a tourney, a guy (who shall remain nameless unless he wants to be noted) brought out a bolt for a mag I had never seen. the center (from the back) was hollow, and the center in the front was like one large black foamie. The foam was set flush with the outside metal, which was black, and looked like some lightweight composite that had been fitted to the regular 'base' of a bolt.

two questions....
Tom: Is AGD going to make this? I loved it!! it made my RT so much more smooth and took away a LOAD or recoil.
AGD: when and how much?

:)

Zagnut

Arturus
09-24-2001, 04:23 PM
I can't answer this, but I can contribute with another question...

Your last description of it -

"Is AGD going to make this? I loved it!! it made my RT so much more smooth and took away a LOAD or recoil."

Almost made it sound like the new 'super bolt' that AGD is working on. Perhaps it is the new bolt that you saw in working condition?

Last Tom responded to this, I heard it had a few issues (chopping) and they were working on putting the finishing touches on it.

Zagnut
09-24-2001, 05:59 PM
hmmm... maybe....

Tom? Any info?

Zagnut

Gunga
09-24-2001, 06:24 PM
The delay in the superbolt's release is figuring out how to make the delrin part of the bolt easily replaceable, last I heard. Lot cheaper to replace the delrin part rather than having to buy a entire bolt. :)

ang310fd347h
09-24-2001, 09:07 PM
I have a big deal with bolts i like this idea now TOM please give us your input on this

AGD
09-24-2001, 10:17 PM
Yes the bolt does exist, yes it reduces recoil noticably. It sometimes wears out in like 10,000 shots so we are working on a replaceable sleeve. We are deciding on some other things in the breach which may affect the bolt so it's on standby now.

AGD

michael
09-24-2001, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by AGD
Yes the bolt does exist, yes it reduces recoil noticably. It sometimes wears out in like 10,000 shots so we are working on a replaceable sleeve. We are deciding on some other things in the breach which may affect the bolt so it's on standby now.

AGD

NAME THE BOLT GIVE AWAY?!?!

netjunk1e
09-24-2001, 11:21 PM
As for "name the bolt" I got dibs on "Super Bolt"
You can send me my emag extreme with "super bolt" now :)
I so wish they were actually doing this!!!!

Robbie

DiRTyBuNNy
09-24-2001, 11:31 PM
Well..Tom's on the case..so we know the "IntelliBolt" (my choice in names...touch it and die..)...will get all fixed up in no time...

AGD
09-24-2001, 11:35 PM
Don't get excited guys it's already called the Super Bolt.

AGD

netjunk1e
09-24-2001, 11:42 PM
So it IS Super Bolt! I win I win I win....well i wish!
(AGD...you can still send me that EMag!)

Robbie

DiRTyBuNNy
09-24-2001, 11:51 PM
actually..since Tom is the one to really make this idea work...i think it should be called the TomBolt...hahahahahaha...

BlackVCG
09-25-2001, 12:48 AM
I'm the "guy who shall remain nameless unless he wants to be noted."

manike
09-25-2001, 03:24 AM
noted ;)

ang310fd347h
09-25-2001, 11:29 AM
Hey tom I always have this annoying ping when i shoot my minimag I would love to test this thing and give a full review I REALLY REALLY LIKE THE IDEA also i wanted to order an emag video but u are closed on mondays so i have to wait until we get out of school :( but give us more info!!!

cphilip
09-25-2001, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by BlackVCG
I'm the "guy who shall remain nameless unless he wants to be noted."

How come Black gets all the good stuff first? He's your favorite isn't he Tom? :(

thei3ug
09-25-2001, 12:14 PM
Wow, the customers have convinced AGD to produce a product they KNOW wears itself out, and the customers are happy about it!

Imagine if WGP made a bolt that wore itself out every couple thousand shots. Honestly you'd be screaming bloody murder.

In fact, shocktech already does that... and no one says anything... huh... paintballers are weird.

cphilip
09-25-2001, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by thei3ug
Imagine if WGP made a bolt that wore itself out every couple thousand shots. Honestly you'd be screaming bloody murder.

Gee... 10,000 shots is more than a couple. For me thats a lot of time. I shoot like a half a case every two weeks. So like maybe a case a month. (ya I'm old and don't get to play as much as you young Studs do! ;)) So for me thats like five months.

And if Tom succeeds in easy replacement of the Deldrin insert...Well then...Me thinks I can live with doing it every 5 cases of paint. Sounds like I would have to set the sensitivity in my Warp to about a chick peep but I can handle that too.

I dunno about ya'll but I gotta try one of these!.

BlackVCG
09-25-2001, 12:40 PM
I got the bolt because I was at the IAO doing some tech work for AGD and learning how things operate at the events. Eric from AGD offered to give me the bolt to field test it and the other three techs (Brad, Kayle and Rob) each got one. I figured I'd see how it performs in different Mags and found Zag Nut with his RT. I had him try it and noticed a definite difference in the amount of recoil, where as my MiniMag w/ Z-Grip, Flatline and Warp did not show as much improvement. Both guns shooting about the same velocity. I'm assuming the amount of recoil you notice depends on the weight of your gun and since my gun is relatively heavy, I don't notice much recoil with the stock SS bolt. Zagnut's RT, however, has the stock frame and a 68ci tank. Being that it's a lighter gun, there is more recoil felt and with the delrin bolt, it reduced that to almost none.

ang310fd347h
09-25-2001, 03:06 PM
moderaters double posting??? CAN I GET THIS BOLT IN ANY WAY!!!!! im already in love!!! help me i would love to try this!!!

I didn't intentionally double post and no you can't get this bolt right now. Wait for it to come to the market.