PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play Like this??

abunkerer
03-09-2004, 08:03 PM
I was trying to come up with a way to get teams to play eachother in 3 or 5 man teams on a weekly basis without having to set up a tournament, but still making it worth while to play.
So I remember playing pool against people at bars. It is usually set up where WINNER keeps the table and people challenge the winner and try to WIN the table from him. they have a chalkboard and you put your name on the board when it is your turn to play you take on the winner of the last game.
To make it interesting, the Challenger has to pay for the game, and a wager of some sort is usually set up "play you for a drink".

SO how does this translate to paintball??
I was thinking about the Supair xball fields at badlandz, small and good for quick games. 2 teams of three people go against eachother, losing team has to give the winning team a half case of paint or 5 bucks a player (whatever, its an example) plus winning team holds the field. Teams put their names on a board so they know who is up next, and they challenge the winning teams.
Just like playing basketball against people, winners hold the court and take on challenging teams, sometimes they put a little wager on the game to make it interesting.
anyone play like this or have and ideas how to get it going at a field here in ill?

FreakBaller12
03-09-2004, 08:07 PM
not a bad idea, i might try and set something like this up at my field. Althougth 5 bucks or 1000 paint is alot.

Digits
03-09-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by toyotaboy12
not a bad idea, i might try and set something like this up at my field. Althougth 5 bucks or 1000 paint is alot.

ya.. I think the glory would keep people playing..

The only thing is.. If you had an awsome team holding it would get repetative.. It would have to be like a maximum of 5 games in a row or something.

tony3
03-09-2004, 08:37 PM
You can only stay on for a max of 7 games. I think that would be a good addition to the rules, and you don't play for anything but the respect.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
03-09-2004, 08:55 PM
were you by any chance thinking of this when people paid me to do dumb things at the field?

abunkerer
03-09-2004, 09:24 PM
5-7 wins is a nice touch..I remember playing a few guys in a similar way, they "had" the field and were mopping up everyone who challenged them, 3man teams were lining up to take them on, I think that some of them actually were betting...eventually a team knocked them out

the_next_guy_
03-09-2004, 09:30 PM
How about if a team can win 5 games in a row, all of the teams that lost to them gives them a pod of paint or something. That way there is a reward and a limit to domination without a looser having to dish out alot of money.

deathstalker
03-09-2004, 09:40 PM
That's a great idea, as is limiting the number of games.

But you're not going to do it for cash, right? ;);)

abunkerer
03-09-2004, 10:00 PM
the bet if any should be negotiated by the reigning team & challenger before the game begins, whether it be for $$ or paint.
The more I think about it the more I want to play this style of paintball, Id get a badash team together and dominate

-I'll play you for guns!

Curly
03-10-2004, 01:22 AM
What you guys have described is basically streetball. Winners stay on until out of paint or air. Its something commonly done in Cali and is often used to set up pick up type games.