PDA

View Full Version : because of my inabilities to fix the hiss; i come to you, AO

-Tab
03-09-2004, 10:28 PM
well, after replacing all the o-rings on the on/off and valve, my mag has kinda stopped leaking.

so, after i replace them and fix the leak from...well...everywhere, i discover there is a consistent hissing noise; kind of a static noise coming from my valve.

what is it and how would one fix it??

Farnja
03-09-2004, 10:31 PM
I had a problem similar, air was leaking from between the valve and mainbody, i was able to fix it by wrapping teflon around the threads in the on/off assembly, however, this was temporary and i dont recomend it, my gun is sent to AGD right now :( ...

athomas
03-10-2004, 09:25 AM
First, you have to determine where the hiss is coming from. Sometimes it isn't easy, but you have to listen very closely with your ear to the gun.

mcveighr
03-10-2004, 03:19 PM
I had a problem similar, air was leaking from between the valve and mainbody, i was able to fix it by wrapping teflon around the threads in the on/off assembly, however, this was temporary and i dont recomend it, my gun is sent to AGD right now ...

Uh... On/Off threads?

Farnja
03-10-2004, 04:14 PM
The threads connecting the on\off assembly's two halves....

athomas
03-12-2004, 06:45 PM
There is nothing in the valve that would require or should have teflon tape to seal, especially the on/off assembly. Keep the tape out of the valve all together. Most leaks are caused by a bad o-ring or a piece of dirt.

mcveighr
03-12-2004, 06:48 PM
My on off has not threads.