PDA

View Full Version : What hopper to get?

Big Head
03-10-2004, 10:36 AM
What is your take on what hopper to buy?! I still have an OLD SCHOOL 18 volt view loader and has always worked great. The only problem is, it looks old and tired. The new EGG hoppers are nice, but the profile of it has made me think of buying something else. Those EGGS are so easy to hit!

Skoad
03-10-2004, 10:45 AM
not only are the big and ugly, but the shells are terrible too.

Was installing my z board and found 3 cracks in the feedneck part of the shell. I had to remove 2 of the screws just to keep them from cracking more.

FreakBaller12
03-10-2004, 11:08 AM
depends how much speed you need. There'sx the 12v or the reloader which is a sound activated 12v. There is also the Halo B, or Halo TSA.

danger_crane
03-10-2004, 11:18 AM
If you're looking midrange, get an empire reloader.

1)Sound activated (good for sneaking up on people, cause it doesnt run constantly when you're low on paint, i hated that about my revy's)

2)Tougher shell than new revy's

3)Saves batteries, with automatic shut-off

4)Electronics fit in revy shells, so if you get a pre-BE shell, you can swap electronics.

But then again, if you're looking for all out speed, and have the cash, get a halo or a q-loader.

rpm07
03-10-2004, 01:37 PM
I have a HALO and it works great. I use to have a vert body and in feed real fast. Now it sits on top of my WARP.

RoadDawg
03-10-2004, 01:46 PM
Rico Apaches are good as well. They are new and may have the look of the normal rico's but they feed quick and are real light. Egg's aren't bad choices for feeding but they are blimps. Halo's are heavy and that's why I don't like them. Ya they feed fast but the weight is bothersome. TSA's are basically reloaders. The LCD version is the best IMO.

Big Head
03-10-2004, 01:46 PM
Price is no option, just heard people have had promblems with the halo's, and before I drop the cash, wanted to make sure I get the best.

m0l0t0v
03-10-2004, 02:27 PM
Go here to buy Halo products at a cheap price:

http://www.topgeek.com/

No sKiLLz
03-10-2004, 02:51 PM
What do you shoot? Gun? Paint?

There's not a lot of use for a Halo B on a mech, or electro capped at 12-15 BPS. And if your gun does't have good detents the Halo can over feed the gun causing double feeds and chops.

If you like using clear or dark shelled paint, Halo has an IR eye which cannot detect it. The majority of the problems you hear about with the Halo comes from this. The Halo can't see the paint so the motor keeps running and burns itself out.

Any day now the Empire loader should be out which has the same shell as a Halo B and force feeds the same, but is sound activated. But you can get a Halo LCD TSA for less than $70 and get all the cool features of ball count, timer, etc. and sound activation and alternating rotation (depending on which angle the loader is at, the agitator will rotate counter to it).

Creative Mayhem
03-10-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Big Head
What is your take on what hopper to buy?! I still have an OLD SCHOOL 18 volt view loader and has always worked great. The only problem is, it looks old and tired. The new EGG hoppers are nice, but the profile of it has made me think of buying something else. Those EGGS are so easy to hit!

I have one of the "OLD SKOOL" VL2000 Shredder as well, they work great dont they? ;) Now I use a 12v Revvy on my Minimag, and a HALO B on my Xmag, both are warped. I would suggest one of these two, HALO B or 12v Revvy both work very well. It's just a matter of cost, and what type of marker you are planning to put it on. If you're looking to put it on a classic valved mag, go Revvy, if xvalved mag, HALO is the better option, due to the faster feed rate needed for the Xvalve. Hope it helps. Keep that old VL2000 around, you never know, it may save your hiney when your new hopper goes down(not that they will per say, but things can happen ;))

chizle97
03-10-2004, 06:03 PM
Well if your no lookin for uber speed, for 35 bucks grab a ricochete AK. strong as hell, reliable, same system and board as 2k but with no lcd. does tend to eat batteries but it only uses 1 9v.

magsRus
03-10-2004, 06:49 PM
People and companies have made hopper choices so much difficult then it should be. The orginal 12volt Revolution Hopper in my mind is the best choice. It holds 185 paintballs, feeds 12 or 14 bps w/ xboard (which all new ones come with) and its EXTREMELY LIGHT and SMALL compared to some of the other hoppers out there. Yeah the Halo can feed 20balls or something like that but you also have the downside of it being the weight of like 2 or 3 revolutions.

I'd go with the 12volt revolution, I bought a HALO B for my Storm Timmy ended up selling it because I figured shooting 6 more balls isnt going to give me that much of an advantage as to going back to my good old 12volt which is way light and smaller.

FallNAngel
03-10-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by RoadDawg
Halo's are heavy and that's why I don't like them.

Nevermind the fact that Halo's weigh just as much as Evo2's when full with batteries.

Originally posted by No sKiLLz
And if your gun does't have good detents the Halo can over feed the gun causing double feeds and chops.

Only marker I've heard this about is on Angels... and you can get new detents to fix it.

Originally posted by No sKiLLz
The Halo can't see the paint so the motor keeps running and burns itself out.

Unless you have a Z board in it... at which point it will just stop trying. Granted you may not be able to use dark shelled paint, but at least you know it won't burn out trying.

GoatBoy
03-10-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Big Head

If the only problem is that it looks old and tired, but works great, why not buy a new shell?

needaname
03-10-2004, 10:09 PM
um i bought a halo b belt drive and i havent seen the senser yet but it seems to me that mine stops when their is a suffecent amount of force on the spring that is how it gets a 51 bps for like 8 balls (i have tested it i filled it up with a 100 balls and it spits out the first 8 fast then the next are the normal 20 bps it emptied all 100 in 5 sec) is mine deffernedt or somthing

jtoothman25
03-10-2004, 10:50 PM
Please save your money and dont buy an EvlutionII. They are crap. Buy a Halo or an Apache. I'd say get the apache, its almost as fast, and is almost half the weight. Plus, its got that deflection engineering, which has helped me save from getting hopper hits.

Ginjiroku
03-10-2004, 10:54 PM
I didn't read every post so someone probably alread said this. You can cut the feedneck of a egg down to give it a lower profile. If you still don't want an egg I would get an empire reloader or if you want something faster a HALO B.

James
03-10-2004, 11:33 PM
i would say halo b
but like someone else said depends on what ur shooting
also.